Technical Efficiency and Dimension of the Firm: Some Results on the Use of Frontier Production Functions
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Singh, Shweta & Murthi, B.P.S. & Steffes, Erin, 2013. "Developing a measure of risk adjusted revenue (RAR) in credit cards market: Implications for customer relationship management," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 224(2), pages 425-434.
- Anthony Baffoe‐Bonnie & Genti Kostandini, 2019.
"Annual and cropping season environmental production conditions effects on smallholder technical efficiency in sub‐Saharan Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia,"
Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 50(6), pages 779-791, November.
- Baffoe-Bonnie, Anthony & Kostandini, Gentian, 2017. "Annual and cropping season environmental production conditions effects on smallholder technical efficiency in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Ethiopia," 2017 Annual Meeting, July 30-August 1, Chicago, Illinois 258230, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Justo De Jorge Moreno & Cesar Camison Zorzona & Juan Muro Romero & Leopoldo Laborda Castillo, 2015. "Effects Of Public Capital On Economic Growth And Productivity In Spain During The Period 1980-2007," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 40(4), pages 67-89, December.
- Hung-Jen Wang, 2002.
"Heteroscedasticity and Non-Monotonic Efficiency Effects of a Stochastic Frontier Model,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 18(3), pages 241-253, November.
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2002. "Heteroscedasticity and non-monotonic efficiency effects of a stochastic frontier model," MPRA Paper 31076, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Li, Fan & Phillips, Michelle, 2016. "The Influence Of Regulation And The Operational Environment On Chinese Urban Water Utilities," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235160, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Cristi SPULBAR & Mihai NITOI & Lucian ANGHEL, 2015. "Efficiency In Cooperative Banks And Savings Banks : A Stochastic Frontier Approach," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(1), pages 5-21, March.
- Laborda Castillo Leopoldo & Guasch Jose Luis & Sotelsek Salem Daniel, 2011.
"Entrepreneurship Capital and Technical Efficiency: The Role of New Business/Firms as a Conduit of Knowledge Spillovers,"
Entrepreneurship Research Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 1(4), pages 1-24, October.
- Laborda, Leopoldo & Guasch, Jose Luis & Sotelsek, Daniel, 2011. "Entrepreneurship capital and technical efficiency : the role of new business / firms as a conduit of knowledge spillovers," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5739, The World Bank.
- Sun, Lei & Chang, Tzu-Pu, 2011. "A comprehensive analysis of the effects of risk measures on bank efficiency: Evidence from emerging Asian countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1727-1735, July.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parmeter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2017.
"Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances,"
2017-10, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parameter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Wenming Shi & Kevin X. Li, 2017. "Themes and tools of maritime transport research during 2000-2014," Maritime Policy & Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(2), pages 151-169, February.
- Fan Li & Michelle Andrea Phillips, 2017. "The Influence of the Regulatory Environment on Chinese Urban Water Utilities," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 31(1), pages 205-218, January.
- C. Spulbăr & M. Niţoi, 2014. "Determinants of bank cost efficiency in transition economies: evidence for Latin America, Central and Eastern Europe and South-East Asia," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(16), pages 1940-1952, June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Estimation of technical and allocative inefficiency: A primal system approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 419-440, October.
- Pérez, Ivone & González, María Manuela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2020. "Do specialisation and port size affect port efficiency? Evidence from cargo handling service in Spanish ports," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 234-249.
- Jinjin Zhao, 2020. "Productivity change in the privatized water sector in China (1999–2006)," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 227-241, April.
- Lin, Kun-Li & Doan, Anh Tuan & Doong, Shuh-Chyi, 2016. "Changes in ownership structure and bank efficiency in Asian developing countries: The role of financial freedom," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 19-34.
- Michelle Phillips, 2013. "Inefficiency in Japanese water utility firms: a stochastic frontier approach," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 44(2), pages 197-214, October.
- Moisio, Antti & Aaltonen, Juho & Kirjavainen, Tanja, 2006. "Efficiency and Productivity in Finnish Comprehensive Schooling 1998-2004," Research Reports 127, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Stochastic frontier models," MPRA Paper 31079, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David T. Yi, 2010. "Determinants of fundraising efficiency of nonprofit organizations: evidence from US public charitable organizations," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 31(7), pages 465-475.
- Mensah, Amos & Brümmer, Bernhard, 2016. "A multi-output production efficiency analysis of commercial banana farms in the Volta region of Ghana: A stochastic distance function approach," African Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, African Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 11(4), pages 1-12, December.
- Yong Tan, 2018. "The Impacts of Competition and Risk on Profitability in Chinese Banking: Evidence from Boone Indicator and Stability Inefficiency," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 19(2), pages 523-554, November.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2006. "Pitfalls in the estimation of a cost function that ignores allocative inefficiency: A Monte Carlo analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 134(2), pages 317-340, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:empeco:v:2:y:1977:i:2:p:109-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.