Regulatory effects on the market penetration and capacity of reliability differentiated service
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Besanko & Shabtai Donnenfeld & Lawrence J. White, 1987. "Monopoly and Quality Distortion: Effects and Remedies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 102(4), pages 743-767.
- Rudnick, Hugh & Raineri, Ricardo, 1997. "Transmission pricing practices in South America," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(3), pages 211-218, September.
- Woo, Chi-Keung & Horowitz, Ira & Martin, Jennifer, 1998. "Reliability Differentiation of Electricity Transmission," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 277-292, May.
- Smith, Stephen A, 1989. "Efficient Menu Structures for Pricing Interruptible Electric Power Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 203-223, September.
- Harris, Milton & Raviv, Artur, 1981. "A Theory of Monopoly Pricing Schemes with Demand Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 347-365, June.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1992. "Capacity-Contingent Nonlinear Pricing by Regulated Firms," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 299-319, December.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Mark Armstrong & Simon Cowan & John Vickers, 1994. "Regulatory Reform: Economic Analysis and British Experience," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262510790, January.
- Lyon, Thomas P., 2007. "Why Rate-of-Return Adders Are Unlikely to Increase Transmission Investment," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 48-55, June.
- Paul Joskow, 2006.
"Patterns of Transmission Investments,"
Chapters,in: Competitive Electricity Markets and Sustainability, chapter 5
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Joskow, P.L., 2005. "Patterns of Transmission Investment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0527, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Paul L. Joskow, 2005. "Patterns of Transmission Investment," Working Papers 0504, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research.
- Deng, Shi-Jie & Oren, Shmuel S, 2001. "Priority Network Access Pricing for Electric Power," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 239-270, July.
- Viswanathan, Nagarathnam & Tse, Edison T S, 1989. "Monopolistic Provision of Congested Service with Incentive-Based Allocation of Priorities," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 153-174, February.
- Chao, Hung-Po & Peck, Stephen C, 1998. "Reliability Management in Competitive Electricity Markets," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 189-200, September.
- Tan, Chin-Woo & Varaiya, Pravin, 1993. "Interruptible electric power service contracts," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 495-517, May.
- Besanko, David & Donnenfeld, Shabtai, 1988. "Rate of return regulation and product variety," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 293-304, August.
- Chi-Keung Woo & Nate Toyama, 1986. "Service Reliability and the Optimal Interruptible Rate Option in Residential Electricity Pricing," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 3), pages 123-136.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1993. "Monopoly Pricing of Capacity Usage under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(3), pages 241-257, September.
- Wilson, Robert B, 1989. "Efficient and Competitive Rationing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(1), pages 1-40, January.
More about this item
KeywordsService reliability; Product differentiation; Price cap regulation; Rate of return regulation; Minimum reliability standard; D45; L51;
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:36:y:2009:i:2:p:199-217. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .