Load Management Programs, Cross-Subsidies and Transaction Costs: The Case of Self-Rationing
Load management programs are used by electric utilities to reduce the amount of reserve capacity that is required in order to meet peak consumption. Although these programs are generally offered to costumers as alternatives to regular service, economic models of their allocative efficiency have always been based on the implicit assumption that they were the only services available. This paper presents a model in which the consumer has the option to subscribe to regular service or to participate in a particular load management program, called self- rationing.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||1996|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (418) 656-2096
Fax: (418) 656-7412
Web page: http://www.green.ecn.ulaval.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lee, Seong-Uh, 1993. "Welfare-Optimal Pricing and Capacity Selection under an Ex Ante Maximum Demand Charge," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 317-35, September.
- Oren, Shmuel S & Doucet, Joseph A, 1990. "Interruption Insurance for Generation and Distribution of Electric Power," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 5-19, March.
- Caves, Douglas W. & Christensen, Laurits R., 1980. "Econometric analysis of residential time-of-use electricity pricing experiments," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 287-306, December.
- Panzar, John C & Sibley, David S, 1978. "Public Utility Pricing under Risk: The Case of Self-Rationing," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(5), pages 888-95, December.
- Bohi, Douglas R. & Palmer, Karen L., 1996. "The efficiency of wholesale vs. retail competition in electricity," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(8), pages 12-20, October.
- Doucet, Joseph A & Roland, Michel, 1993. "Efficient Self-Rationing of Electricity Revisited," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 91-100, March.
- Marchand, M. G., 1974. "Pricing power supplied on an interruptible basis," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 263-274.
- Woo, Chi-Keung, 1990. "Efficient Electricity Pricing with Self-Rationing," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 69-81, March.
- Chao, Hung-po & Oren, Shmuel S. & Smith, Stephen A. & Wilson, Robert B., 1986. "Multilevel demand subscription pricing for electric power," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 199-217, October.
- Wilson, Robert, 1989. "Ramsey Pricing of Priority Service," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 189-202, September.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1992. "Optimal Nonlinear Pricing and Contingent Contracts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(4), pages 747-72, November.
- Chao, Hung-po & Wilson, Robert, 1987. "Priority Service: Pricing, Investment, and Market Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(5), pages 899-916, December.
- Beard, T. Randolph & Sweeney, George H. & Gropper, Daniel M., 1995. "Subsidy free pricing of interruptible service contracts," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 53-58, January.
- Schwarz, Peter M & Taylor, Thomas N, 1987. "Public Utility Pricing under Risk; the Case of Self-Rationing: Comment and Extension," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 77(4), pages 734-39, September.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521314008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1992. "Capacity-Contingent Nonlinear Pricing by Regulated Firms," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 299-319, December.
- Filippini, Massimo, 1995. "Electricity demand by time of use An application of the household AIDS model," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 197-204, July.
- Thomas N. Taylor & Peter M. Schwarz, 1986. "A Residential Demand Charge: Evidence from the Duke Power Time-of-Day Pricing Experiment," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2), pages 135-151.
- Paul L. Joskow, 1997. "Restructuring, Competition and Regulatory Reform in the U.S. Electricity Sector," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 119-138, Summer.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:lavaen:9617. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.