Mixed equilibriums in a three-candidate spatial model with candidate valence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- T. Groseclose, 2007. "‘One and a Half Dimensional’ Preferences and Majority Rule," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 28(2), pages 321-335, February.
- Norman Schofield & Alexei Zakharov, 2010. "A stochastic model of the 2007 Russian Duma election," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 177-194, January.
- Herrera, Helios & Levine, David K. & Martinelli, César, 2008.
"Policy platforms, campaign spending and voter participation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 501-513, April.
- Helios Herrera & David K. Levine & Cesar Martinelli, 2005. "Policy Platforms, Campaign Spending and Voter Participation," Working Papers 0503, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Helios Herrera & David K Levine & Cesar Martinelli, 2007. "Policy Platforms, Campaign Spending and Voter Participation," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000935, David K. Levine.
- Alexei Zakharov, 2009. "A model of candidate location with endogenous valence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 138(3), pages 347-366, March.
- Aragonès, Enriqueta & Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2012.
"Candidate quality in a Downsian model with a continuous policy space,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 464-480.
- Enriqueta Aragonès & Enriqueta Aragonè & Dimitros Xefteris, "undated". "Candidate quality in a Downsian Model with a Continuous Policy Space," Working Papers 529, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Enriqueta Aragonès & Dimitrios Xefteris, 2011. "Candidate quality in a Downsian Model with a Continuous Policy Space," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 859.11, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Dix, Manfred & Santore, Rudy, 2002. "Candidate ability and platform choice," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 189-194, July.
- Xefteris, Dimitrios, 2012. "Mixed strategy equilibrium in a Downsian model with a favored candidate: A comment," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 147(1), pages 393-396.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:94:y:2000:i:03:p:595-609_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- Haldun Evrenk, 2009.
"Three-candidate competition when candidates have valence: the base case,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 32(1), pages 169-169, January.
- Haldun Evrenk, 2009. "Three-candidate competition when candidates have valence: the base case," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 32(1), pages 157-168, January.
- Evrenk, Haldun, 2008. "Three-Candidate Competition when Candidates Have Valence: The Base Case," Working Papers 2008-2, Suffolk University, Department of Economics.
- Norman Schofield, 2007. "The Mean Voter Theorem: Necessary and Sufficient Conditions for Convergent Equilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 74(3), pages 965-980.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:57:y:1963:i:02:p:368-377_24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ansolabehere, Stephen & Snyder, James M, Jr, 2000. "Valence Politics and Equilibrium in Spatial Election Models," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 103(3-4), pages 327-336, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:98:y:2004:i:01:p:77-90_00 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashworth, Scott & Bueno de Mesquita, Ethan, 2009. "Elections with platform and valence competition," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 191-216, September.
- Haldun Evrenk & Dmitriy Kha, 2011. "Three-candidate spatial competition when candidates have valence: stochastic voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 147(3), pages 421-438, June.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:70:y:1976:i:04:p:1172-1184_17 is not listed on IDEAS
- Osborne, Martin J & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1986. "The Nature of Equilibrium in a Location Model," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 27(1), pages 223-237, February.
- Adams, James, 1999. "Policy Divergence in Multicandidate Probabilistic Spatial Voting," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(1-2), pages 103-122, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alexei, Zakharov & Shapoval, Alexander & Weber, Shlomo, 2016. "Valence influence in electoral competition with rank objectives," CEPR Discussion Papers 11527, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dimitrios Xefteris, 2016. "Candidate valence in a spatial model with entry," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 05-2016, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Paul Redmond, 2017. "Incumbent-challenger and open-seat elections in a spatial model of political competition," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 170(1), pages 79-97, January.
More about this item
KeywordsCandidate valence; Spatial model; Mixed equilibrium;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:158:y:2014:i:1:p:101-120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.