Coyote ugly: the deadweight cost of rent seeking for immigration policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Karin Mayr, 2007. "Immigration and income redistribution: A political economy analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 101-116, April.
- Stefan Josten & Klaus Zimmermann, 2005.
"Unanimous constitutional consent and the immigration problem,"
Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 151-170, July.
- Josten, Stefan D. & Zimmermann, Klaus W., 2004. "Unanimous Constitutional Consent and the Immigration Problem," Working Paper 31/2004, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Marilyn Young & Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart, 2001. "The Political Economy of the IRS," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 201-220, July.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul L, 1993. "Migration Theory and Evidence: An Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Card, 2005.
"Is the New Immigration Really so Bad?,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 115(507), pages 300-323, November.
- Card, David, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," IZA Discussion Papers 1119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Card, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0402, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- David Card, 2005. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," NBER Working Papers 11547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Giovanni Facchini & Assaf Razin & Gerald Willmann, 2004. "Welfare Leakage and Immigration Policy," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 50(4), pages 627-645.
- Haus, Leah, 1995. "Openings in the wall: transnational migrants, labor unions, and U.S. immigration policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 285-313, March.
- J. Amegashie, 2004. "A political economy model of immigration quotas," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 255-267, November.
- Angelopoulos, Konstantinos & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2009. "The social cost of rent seeking in Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 280-299, September.
- Oscar Flores, 1997. "The political economy of immigration quotas," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 50-59, March.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & Jennifer Hunt, 1995.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 23-44, Spring.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & J. Hunt, 1995. "The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth," Working Papers 95-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1999. "A Note on the Political Economy of Immigration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(3-4), pages 245-251, September.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1997. "Where Is the Rectangle?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 149-159, April.
- Tollison, Robert D & Wagner, Richard E, 1991. "Romance, Realism, and Economic Reform," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 57-70.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Marcel Thum, 2004. "Controlling Migration in an Open Labor Market," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 119(3_4), pages 425-443, June.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria & Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Do Interest Groups Affect Immigration?," IZA Discussion Papers 3183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Levine, 1999. "The welfare economics of immigration control," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, April.
- Benhabib, Jess, 1996. "On the political economy of immigration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1737-1743, December.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Report No. 3: Assessment of Possible Migration Pressure and its Labour Market Impact Following EU Enlargement to Central and Eastern Europe," IZA Research Reports 3, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nancy H. Chau, 2003. "Concessional Amnesty and the Politics of Immigration Reforms," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 193-224, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J. Clark & Robert Lawson & Alex Nowrasteh & Benjamin Powell & Ryan Murphy, 2015. "Does immigration impact institutions?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 321-335, June.
- Michael Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2014.
"Politics, unemployment, and the enforcement of immigration law,"
Springer, vol. 160(1), pages 131-153, July.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2012. "Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law," Working Papers 2012-04, Towson University, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2012.
- Michael D. Makowsky & Thomas Stratmann, 2012. "Politics, Unemployment, and the Enforcement of Immigration Law," CESifo Working Paper Series 3792, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christine Fauvelle-Aymar, 2014. "The welfare state, migration, and voting rights," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 159(1), pages 105-120, April.
More about this item
KeywordsImmigration; Rent seeking; Deadweight loss; Immigration surplus; H0; J08; J18; J21; J61; K31;
- H0 - Public Economics - - General
- J08 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics Policies
- J18 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Public Policy
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- K31 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Labor Law
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:150:y:2012:i:1:p:195-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.