Coyote ugly: the deadweight cost of rent seeking for immigration policy
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 150 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/public+finance/journal/11127/PS2|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mueller,Dennis C., 2003. "Public Choice III," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521894753, October.
- Karin Mayr, 2007. "Immigration and income redistribution: A political economy analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 101-116, April.
- Marcel Thum, 2004. "Controlling Migration in an Open Labor Market," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 119(3_4), pages 425-443, 06.
- David Card, 2004.
"Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?,"
CReAM Discussion Paper Series
0402, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Josten, Stefan D. & Zimmermann, Klaus W., 2004.
"Unanimous Constitutional Consent and the Immigration Problem,"
31/2004, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Stefan Josten & Klaus Zimmermann, 2005. "Unanimous constitutional consent and the immigration problem," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 151-170, July.
- Angelopoulos, Konstantinos & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2009. "The social cost of rent seeking in Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 280-299, September.
- Oscar Flores, 1997. "The political economy of immigration quotas," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 50-59, March.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & J. Hunt, 1995.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth,"
95-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & Jennifer Hunt, 1995. "The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 23-44, Spring.
- Benhabib, Jess, 1996. "On the political economy of immigration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1737-1743, December.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul L, 1993. "Migration Theory and Evidence: An Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Card, 1989.
"The Impact of the Mariel Boatlift on the Miami Labor Market,"
NBER Working Papers
3069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Card, 1990. "The Impact of the Mariel Boatlift on the Miami Labor Market," ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(2), pages 245-257, January.
- J. Amegashie, 2004. "A political economy model of immigration quotas," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 255-267, November.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Report No. 3: Assessment of Possible Migration Pressure and its Labour Market Impact Following EU Enlargement to Central and Eastern Europe," IZA Research Reports 3, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marilyn Young & Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart, 2001. "The Political Economy of the IRS," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 201-220, 07.
- Haus, Leah, 1995. "Openings in the wall: transnational migrants, labor unions, and U.S. immigration policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 285-313, March.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria & Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Do Interest Groups Affect Immigration?," IZA Discussion Papers 3183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Levine, 1999. "The welfare economics of immigration control," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
- Tollison, Robert D & Wagner, Richard E, 1991. "Romance, Realism, and Economic Reform," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 57-70.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1999. "A Note on the Political Economy of Immigration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(3-4), pages 245-251, September.
- Nancy H. Chau, 2003. "Concessional Amnesty and the Politics of Immigration Reforms," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 193-224, 07.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1997. "Where Is the Rectangle?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 149-159, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:150:y:2012:i:1:p:195-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.