Coyote ugly: the deadweight cost of rent seeking for immigration policy
No abstract is available for this item.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- J. Amegashie, 2004. "A political economy model of immigration quotas," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 255-267, November.
- Josten, Stefan D. & Zimmermann, Klaus W., 2004.
"Unanimous Constitutional Consent and the Immigration Problem,"
31/2004, Helmut Schmidt University, Hamburg.
- Stefan Josten & Klaus Zimmermann, 2005. "Unanimous constitutional consent and the immigration problem," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 151-170, July.
- Angelopoulos, Konstantinos & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Vassilatos, Vanghelis, 2009. "The social cost of rent seeking in Europe," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 280-299, September.
- Tollison, Robert D & Wagner, Richard E, 1991. "Romance, Realism, and Economic Reform," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(1), pages 57-70.
- David Card, 2005.
"Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?,"
NBER Working Papers
11547, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Card, David, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," IZA Discussion Papers 1119, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Card, 2004. "Is the New Immigration Really So Bad?," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0402, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Oscar Flores, 1997. "The political economy of immigration quotas," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(1), pages 50-59, March.
- Haus, Leah, 1995. "Openings in the wall: transnational migrants, labor unions, and U.S. immigration policy," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 49(02), pages 285-313, March.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & Jennifer Hunt, 1995.
"The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 9(2), pages 23-44, Spring.
- Rachel M. Friedberg & J. Hunt, 1995. "The Impact of Immigrants on Host Country Wages, Employment and Growth," Working Papers 95-5, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Marcel Thum, 2004. "Controlling Migration in an Open Labor Market," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 119(3_4), pages 425-443, 06.
- Tullock, Gordon, 1997. " Where Is the Rectangle?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 91(2), pages 149-59, April.
- Nancy H. Chau, 2003. "Concessional Amnesty and the Politics of Immigration Reforms," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 193-224, 07.
- David Card, 1989.
"The Impact of the Mariel Boatlift on the Miami Labor Market,"
633, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card, 1990. "The impact of the Mariel boatlift on the Miami labor market," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 43(2), pages 245-257, January.
- David Card, 1989. "The Impact of the Mariel Boatlift on the Miami Labor Market," NBER Working Papers 3069, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benhabib, Jess, 1996. "On the political economy of immigration," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1737-1743, December.
- Facchini, Giovanni & Mayda, Anna Maria & Mishra, Prachi, 2007. "Do Interest Groups Affect Immigration?," IZA Discussion Papers 3183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 1999. "Report No. 3: Assessment of Possible Migration Pressure and its Labour Market Impact Following EU Enlargement to Central and Eastern Europe," IZA Research Reports 3, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marilyn Young & Michael Reksulak & William F. Shughart, 2001. "The Political Economy of the IRS," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 201-220, 07.
- Paul Levine, 1999. "The welfare economics of immigration control," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 23-43.
- Karin Mayr, 2007. "Immigration and income redistribution: A political economy analysis," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 131(1), pages 101-116, April.
- Ghatak, Subrata & Levine, Paul L, 1993. "Migration Theory and Evidence: An Assessment," CEPR Discussion Papers 769, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stephen Drinkwater & Paul Levine & Emanuela Lotti & Joseph Pearlman, 2003. "The Economic Impact of Migration: A Survey," School of Economics Discussion Papers 0103, School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Sollner, Fritz, 1999. " A Note on the Political Economy of Immigration," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 100(3-4), pages 245-51, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:pubcho:v:150:y:2012:i:1:p:195-208. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.