The structure and dynamics of the global network of inter-firm R&D partnerships 1989–2002
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Bojanowski, Michał & Corten, Rense & Westborck, Bastian, 2009. "The structure and dynamics of the global network of inter-firm R&D partnerships 1989-2002," MPRA Paper 15741, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hagedoorn, John & Link, Albert N. & Vonortas, Nicholas S., 2000. "Research partnerships1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 567-586, April.
- Arvanitis, Rigas & Vonortas, Nicholas S, 2000. "Technology Transfer and Learning through Strategic Technical Alliances--International Experiences: Introduction to the Symposium," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 25(1), pages 9-12, March.
- Gregory Tassey, 2010. "Rationales and mechanisms for revitalizing US manufacturing R&D strategies," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 35(3), pages 283-333, June.
- Junichi Nishimura & Hiroyuki Okamuro, 2011.
"R&D productivity and the organization of cluster policy: an empirical evaluation of the Industrial Cluster Project in Japan,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 117-144, April.
- Junichi Nishimura & Hiroyuki Okamuro, 2010. "R&D Productivity and the Organization of Cluster Policy: An Empirical Evaluation of the Industrial Cluster Project in Japan," DRUID Working Papers 10-06, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Hagedoorn, John & Schakenraad, Jos, 1992. "Leading companies and networks of strategic alliances in information technologies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 163-190, April.
- Moskalev, Sviatoslav A. & Swensen, R. Bruce, 2007. "Joint ventures around the globe from 1990-2000: Forms, types, industries, countries and ownership patterns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 29-67.
- Sergio Currarini & Matthew O. Jackson & Paolo Pin, 2009.
"An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities, and Segregation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(4), pages 1003-1045, July.
- Sergio Currarini & Paolo Pin & Matthew O. Jackson, 2007. "An Economic Model of Friendship: Homophily, Minorities and Segregation," Working Papers 2007_20, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Farok J Contractor, 1990. "Ownership Patterns of U.S. Joint Ventures Abroad and the Liberalization of Foreign Government Regulations in the 1980s: Evidence from the Benchmark Surveys," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 21(1), pages 55-73, March.
- Donald S. Siegel & Catherine J. Morrison Paul, 1999. "Scale Economies and Industry Agglomeration Externalities: A Dynamic Cost Function Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 272-290, March.
- Hagedoorn, John & van Kranenburg, Hans, 2003. "Growth patterns in R&D partnerships: an exploratory statistical study," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 517-531, April.
- Albert N. Link & David Paton & Donald S. Siegel, 2005.
"An econometric analysis of trends in research joint venture activity,"
Managerial and Decision Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 149-158.
- Albert N. Link & David Paton & Donald S. Siegel, 2003. "An Econometric Analysis of Trends in Research Joint Venture Activity," Rensselaer Working Papers in Economics 0305, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Department of Economics.
- Yannis Caloghirou & Nicholas S Vonortas & Stavros Ioannides, 2002. "Science and technology policies towards research joint ventures," Science and Public Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 29(2), pages 82-94, April.
- Link, Albert N. & Paton, David & Siegel, Donald S., 2002. "An analysis of policy initiatives to promote strategic research partnerships," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1459-1466, December.
- Kogut, Bruce, 1989. "The Stability of Joint Ventures: Reciprocity and Competitive Rivalry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 183-198, December.
- Desai, Mihir A. & Foley, C. Fritz & Hines, James Jr., 2004.
"The costs of shared ownership: Evidence from international joint ventures,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 323-374, August.
- Mihir A. Desai & C. Fritz Foley & James R. Hines, Jr., 2002. "The Costs of Shared Ownership: Evidence from International Joint Ventures," NBER Chapters,in: Corporate Alliances National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gay, Brigitte & Dousset, Bernard, 2005. "Innovation and network structural dynamics: Study of the alliance network of a major sector of the biotechnology industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(10), pages 1457-1475, December.
- Duysters, Geert & Hagedoorn, John, 1996. "Internationalization of corporate technology through strategic partnering: an empirical investigation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-12, January.
- K. R. Narayanan, 1954. "Freedom in Modern Society," India Quarterly: A Journal of International Affairs, , vol. 10(4), pages 376-381, October.
- Seung Ho Park & Michael V. Russo, 1996. "When Competition Eclipses Cooperation: An Event History Analysis of Joint Venture Failure," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 42(6), pages 875-890, June.
- Freeman, Chris & Hagedoorn, John, 1994. "Catching up or falling behind: Patterns in international interfirm technology partnering," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 771-780, May.
- Melissa A. Schilling & Corey C. Phelps, 2007. "Interfirm Collaboration Networks: The Impact of Large-Scale Network Structure on Firm Innovation," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 53(7), pages 1113-1126, July.
- Duysters, Geert & Vanhaverbeke, Wim, 1996. "Strategic interactions in DRAM and RISC technology: A network approach," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 437-461, December.
- Freeman, C., 1991. "Networks of innovators: A synthesis of research issues," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 499-514, October.
- Kuo-Feng Huang & Chwo-Ming Yu, 2011. "The effect of competitive and non-competitive R&D collaboration on firm innovation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 36(4), pages 383-403, August.
- Ernst, Dieter & Kim, Linsu, 2002. "Global production networks, knowledge diffusion, and local capability formation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(8-9), pages 1417-1429, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Katia Angue & Cécile Ayerbe & Liliana Mitkova, 2014. "A method using two dimensions of the patent classification for measuring the technological proximity: an application in identifying a potential R&D partner in biotechnology," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(5), pages 716-747, October.
- Yin-Chi Liao & Phillip H. Phan, 2016. "Internal capabilities, external structural holes network positions, and knowledge creation," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 41(5), pages 1148-1167, October.
- Rosa Caiazza & Aileen Richardson & David Audretsch, 2015. "Knowledge effects on competitiveness: from firms to regional advantage," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 40(6), pages 899-909, December.
- Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2015. "Structure of global buyer-supplier networks and its implications for conflict minerals regulations," Papers 1505.02274, arXiv.org.
- Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2015. "Structure of global buyer-supplier networks and its implications for conflict minerals regulations," UTokyo Price Project Working Paper Series 053, University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Economics.
- Takayuki Mizuno & Takaaki Ohnishi & Tsutomu Watanabe, 2015. "Structure of global buyer-supplier networks and its implications for conflict minerals regulations," CARF F-Series CARF-F-362, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
More about this item
KeywordsInter-firm network; R&D partnership; International technology transfer; Social network analysis; D22; F23; L14; L24; O32;
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jtecht:v:37:y:2012:i:6:p:967-987. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.