Separating Technical Change from Time-Varying Technical Inefficiency in the Absence of Distributional Assumptions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Almas Heshmati, 1998. "Efficiency measurement in rotating panel data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(7), pages 919-930.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1995. " Decomposing Technical Change with Panel Data: An Application to the Public Sector," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 97(2), pages 309-323, June.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1997. "Temporal patterns of technical efficiency: Results from competing models," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 597-616, August.
- Rigby, Dan & Young, Trevor, 1996. "European Environmental Regulations to Reduce Water Pollution: An Analysis of Their Impact on UK Dairy Farms," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 23(1), pages 59-78.
- Reifschneider, David & Stevenson, Rodney, 1991. "Systematic Departures from the Frontier: A Framework for the Analysis of Firm Inefficiency," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 715-723, August.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C., 1990. "Production frontiers, panel data, and time-varying technical inefficiency," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 201-211.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Rafael Cuesta, 2000. "A Production Model With Firm-Specific Temporal Variation in Technical Inefficiency: With Application to Spanish Dairy Farms," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 139-158, March.
- Konstantinos Giannakas & Kien Tran & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2000. "Efficiency, technological change and output growth in Greek olive growing farms: a Box-Cox approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(7), pages 909-916.
- Oulton,Nicholas & O'Mahony,Mary, 1994. "Productivity and Growth," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521453455, October.
- S. M. Mukhtar & P. J. Dawson, 1990. "Herd Size And Unit Costs Of Production In The England And Wales Dairy Sector," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 9-20.
- Ahmad, Munir & Boris E., Bravo-Ureta, 1996. "Technical efficiency measures for dairy farms using panel data: a comparison of alternative model specifications," MPRA Paper 37703, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1990.
"Production frontiers with cross-sectional and time-series variation in efficiency levels,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 185-200.
- Cornwell, Christopher & Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C., 1989. "Production Frontiers With Cross-Sectinal And Time-Series Variation In Efficiency Levels," Working Papers 89-18, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- W, Y, 1995. "Productivity Growth, Technological Progress, and Technical Efficiency Change in China: A Three-Sector Analysis1," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 207-229, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Boris Bravo-Ureta & Daniel Solís & Víctor Moreira López & José Maripani & Abdourahmane Thiam & Teodoro Rivas, 2007.
"Technical efficiency in farming: a meta-regression analysis,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 57-72, February.
- Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Solís, Daniel & Moreira, Victor & Maripani, José & Thiam, Abdourahmane & Rivas, Teodoro, 2005. "Technical Efficiency in Farming: A Meta-regression analysis," Efficiency Series Papers 2005/01, University of Oviedo, Department of Economics, Oviedo Efficiency Group (OEG).
- Frederic Ang & Pieter Jan Kerstens, 2016.
"To Mix or Specialise? A Coordination Productivity Indicator for English and Welsh farms,"
Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 779-798, September.
- Ang, Frederic & Jan Kerstens, Pieter, 2016. "To mix or specialise? A coordination productivity indicator for English and Welsh farms," 90th Annual Conference, April 4-6, 2016, Warwick University, Coventry, UK 236337, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Rene Fahr & Uwe Sunde, 2006.
"Regional dependencies in job creation: an efficiency analysis for Western Germany,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(10), pages 1193-1206.
- Fahr, René & Sunde, Uwe, 2005. "Regional Dependencies in Job Creation: An Efficiency Analysis for Western Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 1660, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fahr, René & Sunde, Uwe, 2006. "Regional dependencies in job creation: An efficiency analysis for Western Germany," Munich Reprints in Economics 20484, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Yan, Jia & Sun, Xinyu & Liu, John J., 2009. "Assessing container operator efficiency with heterogeneous and time-varying production frontiers," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 172-185, January.
- Heshmati, Almas & Kumbhakar, Subal C., 2010.
"Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth: The Case of Chinese Provinces,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4784, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Almas Heshmati & Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2010. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth: The Case of Chinese Provinces," TEMEP Discussion Papers 201054, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Feb 2010.
- Kristin Roll, 2013. "Measuring performance, development and growth when restricting flexibility," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(1), pages 15-25, February.
- Vangelis Tzouvelekas & Dimitra Vouvaki & Anastasios Xepapadeas, 2006.
"Total Factor Productivity Growth and the Environment: A Case for Green Growth Accounting,"
0617, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Xepapadeas, Anastasios & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis & Vouvaki, Dimitra, 2007. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and the Environment: A Case for Green Growth Accounting," Climate Change Modelling and Policy Working Papers 9319, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Anastasios Xepapadeas & E. Tzouvelekas & D. Vouvaki, 2007. "Total Factor Productivity Growth and the Environment: A Case for Green Growth Accounting," Working Papers 2007.38, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Giannis Karagiannis & Peter Midmore & Vangelis Tzouvelekas, 2002. "Parametric Decomposition of Output Growth," Working Papers 0204, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordstechnical change; time-varying technical efficiency; panel data; non-linear FGLS;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:18:y:2002:i:1:p:23-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.