Media Mergers with Preference Externalities and Their Implications for Content Diversity, Consumer Welfare, and Policy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bush, C.A., 1994. "Interdependent Preferences and Status: A Taxonomy of Demand," RCER Working Papers 385, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Oberholzer-Gee, Felix & Waldfogel, Joel, 2005. "Strength in Numbers: Group Size and Political Mobilization," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 73-91, April.
- Dertouzos, James N & Trautman, William B, 1990. "Economic Effects of Media Concentration: Estimates from a Model of the Newspaper Firm," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 1-14, September.
- Steven T. Berry & Joel Waldfogel, 2001. "Do Mergers Increase Product Variety? Evidence from Radio Broadcasting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(3), pages 1009-1025.
- Bagwell, Laurie Simon & Bernheim, B Douglas, 1996.
"Veblen Effects in a Theory of Conspicuous Consumption,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 349-373.
- Oded Galor & David N. Weil, 1993. "The Gender Gap, Fertility, and Growth," NBER Working Papers 4550, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oded Galor & David Weil, 1995. "The Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth," Working Papers 1993-12, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- Galor, Oded & Weil, David, 1995. "The Gender Gap, Fertility and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 1157, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van der Burg, Miriam & Van den Bulck, Hilde, 2015. "Economic, political and socio-cultural welfare in media merger control: An analysis of the Belgian and Dutch competition authorities’ reviews of media mergers," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 2-15.
- Anderson, Simon P & Waldfogel, Joel, 2015. "Preference Externalities in Media Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 10835, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bush, C. Anthony, 2014. "Bridging the gap between horizontal and vertical merger simulation: Modifications and extensions of PCAID," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-33, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
More about this item
Keywordsdiversity; media ownership; merger policy; preference externalities; product repositioning; welfare; K21; K23; L41; L82;
- K21 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Antitrust Law
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
- L41 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Monopolization; Horizontal Anticompetitive Practices
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jincot:v:10:y:2010:i:2:p:105-133. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://springer.com .