Division of Household Labor and Marital Satisfaction in China, Japan, and Korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- James Feyrer & Bruce Sacerdote & Ariel Dora Stern, 2008.
"Will the Stork Return to Europe and Japan? Understanding Fertility within Developed Nations,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 3-22, Summer.
- Bruce Sacerdote & James Feyrer, 2008. "Will the Stork Return to Europe and Japan? Understanding Fertility Within Developed Nations," NBER Working Papers 14114, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hideo Akabayashi, 2006. "The labor supply of married women and spousal tax deductions in Japan—a structural estimation," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 349-378, December.
- Anna A. Amirkhanyan & Douglas A. Wolf, 2006. "Parent Care and the Stress Process: Findings From Panel Data," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 61(5), pages 248-255.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Wendy Campione, 2008. "Employed Women’s Well-Being: The Global and Daily Impact of Work," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 346-361, September.
- Jamila Bookwala, 2009. "The Impact of Parent Care on Marital Quality and Well-Being in Adult Daughters and Sons," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 64(3), pages 339-347.
- Nancy Morrow-Howell & Jim Hinterlong & Philip A. Rozario & Fengyan Tang, 2003. "Effects of Volunteering on the Well-Being of Older Adults," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 58(3), pages 137-145.
- Yukiko Abe, 2009. "The Effects Of The 1.03 Million Yen Ceiling In A Dynamic Labor Supply Model," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 147-163, April.
- Daphne Pedersen & Krista Minnotte, 2012. "Dual Earner Husbands and Wives: Marital Satisfaction and the Workplace Culture of Each Spouse," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 272-282, September.
- Li, Hongbin & Zhang, Junsen & Sin, Lai Ting & Zhao, Yaohui, 2006.
"Relative earnings of husbands and wives in urban China,"
China Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 412-431.
- Hongbin Li & Lai Ting Sin & Junsen Zhang & Yaohui Zhao, 2005. "Relative Earnings of Husbands and Wives in Urban China," Discussion Papers 00014, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Department of Economics.
- Joung, Inez M. A. & van de Mheen, H. Dike & Stronks, Karien & van Poppel, Frans W. A. & Mackenbach, Johan P., 1998. "A longitudinal study of health selection in marital transitions," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 425-435, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yan Yu, 2015. "The Male Breadwinner/Female Homemaker Model and Perceived Marital Stability: A Comparison of Chinese Wives in the United States and Urban China," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 34-47, March.
- Thorsten Konietzko, 2015. "Self-Employed Individuals, Time Use, and Earnings," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 64-83, March.
- Yoko Mimura, 2014. "The Relationship Between Life Satisfaction Among Wives and Financial Preparedness of Households in Japan," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 532-541, December.
- Natalia Radchenko, 2016. "Welfare Sharing Within Households: Identification from Subjective Well-being Data and the Collective Model of Labor Supply," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 254-271, June.
- Beck, Matthew J. & Hess, Stephane, 2016. "Willingness to accept longer commutes for better salaries: Understanding the differences within and between couples," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 1-16.
- repec:spr:empeco:v:53:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s00181-016-1126-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sven Stöwhase, 2016. "Horizontal Inequities in the German Tax-Benefit-System: The Case of Two Wage-Earner Employee Households," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 37(2), pages 313-329, June.
- Kirk Doran & Joseph Price, 2014. "Pornography and Marriage," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 35(4), pages 489-498, December.
- Foster, Gigi & Stratton, Leslie S., 2017. "What Women Want (Their Men to Do): Housework and Satisfaction in Australian Households," IZA Discussion Papers 10832, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eiji Yamamura & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2017. "Gap of height and education within couple and its effect on conflict and evaluation about partners: psychological cost of division of labor within household," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 17-35, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics and Osaka School of International Public Policy (OSIPP).
- Wei-hsin Yu & Janet Chen-Lan Kuo, 2017. "Another work-family interface: Work characteristics and family intentions in Japan," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 36(13), pages 391-426, January.
- Krista Minnotte & Michael Minnotte & Jordan Bonstrom, 2015. "Work–Family Conflicts and Marital Satisfaction Among US Workers: Does Stress Amplification Matter?," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 21-33, March.
More about this item
KeywordsFamily; Gender; Housework; Marital satisfaction;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfamec:v:34:y:2013:i:2:p:211-223. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.