The impact of the Droit de Suite in the UK: an empirical analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Banternghansa, Chanont & Graddy, Kathryn, 2009. "The Impact of the Droit de Suite in the UK: An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor A. Ginsburgh, 2003. "Art markets," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, chapter 4 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Karp, Larry S. & Perloff, Jeffery M., 1993.
"Legal requirements that artists receive resale royalties,"
International Review of Law and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 163-177, June.
- Karp, Larry & Perloff, Jeffrey M, 1992. "Legal Requirements that Artists Receive Resale Royalties," Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series qt33f9k5bw, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2008.
"Failure to meet the reserve price: the impact on returns to art,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(4), pages 301-320, December.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2006. "Failure to Meet the Reserve Price: The Impact on Returns to Art," Economics Series Working Papers 272, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Beggs, Alan & Graddy, Kathryn, 2006. "Failure to Meet the Reserve Price: The Impact on Returns to Art," CEPR Discussion Papers 5811, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ginsburgh, Victor, 2005.
"The Economic Consequences of Droit De Suite in the European Union,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 61-71, March/Sep.
- Victor Ginsburgh, "undated". "The economic consequences of droit de suite in the European Union," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5271, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 2007. "The economic consequences of droit de suite in the European Union," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13404, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Alan Beggs & Kathryn Graddy, 2009. "Anchoring Effects: Evidence from Art Auctions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 99(3), pages 1027-1039, June.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2005. "Vested Interest and Biased Price Estimates: Evidence from an Auction Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(5), pages 2409-2435, October.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987.
"Prices of single-family homes since 1970: new indexes for four cities,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 45-56.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," NBER Working Papers 2393, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller, 1987. "Prices of Single Family Homes Since 1970: New Indexes for Four Cities," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 851, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Jianping Mei & Michael Moses, 2002. "Art as an Investment and the Underperformance of Masterpieces," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1656-1668, December.
- John Solow, 1998. "An Economic Analysis of the Droit de Suite," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(4), pages 209-226, December.
- Goetzmann, William N, 1993. "Accounting for Taste: Art and the Financial Markets over Three Centuries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1370-1376, December.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- Chanel, O. & Gerard, L.A. & Ginsburgh, V., 1992.
"The Relevence of Hedonic Price Indices the Case of Paintings,"
92a19, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Olivier Chanel & Louis-André Gérard-Varet & Victor Ginsburgh, 1996. "The relevance of hedonic price indices: the case of paintings," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/1715, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Kräussl, Roman & Elsland, Niels van, 2008. "Constructing the true art market index: A novel 2-step hedonic approach and its application to the German art market," CFS Working Paper Series 2008/11, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Pesando, James E, 1993. "Art as an Investment: The Market for Modern Prints," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1075-1089, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:cpt:journl:v::y:2017:i:146:p:121-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Rushton, 2011. "Artists’ Rights," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 2011. "Resale Rights," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Cultural Economics, Second Edition, chapter 55 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Elisabetta Lazzaro & Nathalie Moureau, 2013. "Auctioneers vs. commissaires-priseurs: The carnival mirror of profession regulation in the international art market," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 10(2), pages 159-176, August.
- Richard Watt, 2014. "Copyright in visual art markets: some economic theory concerning resale royalties and other options," Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Copyright, chapter 18, pages 328-342 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Anne LAYNE-FARRAR & Gerard LLOBET & Jorge PADILLA, 2014. "Patent Licensing in Vertically Disaggregated Industries: The Royalty Allocation Neutrality Principle," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(95), pages 61-84, 3rd quart.
More about this item
KeywordsDroit de suite; Art; Art auctions; Price; Tax;
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
- H20 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - General
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jculte:v:35:y:2011:i:2:p:81-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .