Auctioneers vs. commissaires-priseurs: The carnival mirror of profession regulation in the international art market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Klemperer, 2002. "What Really Matters in Auction Design," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 169-189, Winter.
- Ginsburgh, Victor, 2005.
"The Economic Consequences of Droit De Suite in the European Union,"
Economic Analysis and Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 35(1-2), pages 61-71, March/Sep.
- Victor Ginsburgh, "undated". "The economic consequences of droit de suite in the European Union," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/5271, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Victor Ginsburgh, 2007. "The economic consequences of droit de suite in the European Union," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13404, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Morris M. Kleiner, 2006. "Licensing Occupations: Ensuring Quality or Restricting Competition?," Books from Upjohn Press, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research, number lo, November.
- Chanont Banternghansa & Kathryn Graddy, 2011.
"The impact of the Droit de Suite in the UK: an empirical analysis,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 35(2), pages 81-100, May.
- Banternghansa, Chanont & Graddy, Kathryn, 2009. "The Impact of the Droit de Suite in the UK: An Empirical Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 7136, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Orley Ashenfelter & Kathryn Graddy, 2003. "Auctions and the Price of Art," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 41(3), pages 763-787, September.
- Neil DE MARCHI & Hans J. VAN MIEGROET, 2000. "Rules versus play in early modern art market," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2000023, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
More about this item
KeywordsArt market; Profession regulation; Auctioneers; Cross-country analysis;
- J44 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - Professional Labor Markets and Occupations
- L43 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies - - - Legal Monopolies and Regulation or Deregulation
- Z11 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economics of the Arts and Literature
- D44 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Auctions
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:liu:liucej:v:10:y:2013:i:2:p:159-176. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piero Cavaleri). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/liuccit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.