A Comparison of Young Publics’ Evaluations of Corporate Social Responsibility Practices of Multinational Corporations in the United States and South Korea
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carroll, Archie B., 1991. "The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 39-48.
- Kun Chung & John Eichenseher & Teruso Taniguchi, 2008. "Ethical Perceptions of Business Students: Differences Between East Asia and the USA and Among “Confucian” Cultures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 121-132, April.
- Teck-Yong Eng & Eun Jin Kim, 2006. "An examination of the antecedents of e-customer loyalty in a confucian culture: The case of South Korea," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(4), pages 437-458, June.
- Maignan, Isabelle & Ferrell, O. C., 2003. "Nature of corporate responsibilities: Perspectives from American, French, and German consumers," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 55-67, January.
- Gary chan, 2008. "The Relevance and Value of Confucianism in Contemporary Business Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 77(3), pages 347-360, February.
- Wokutch, Richard E. & Shepard, Jon M., 1999. "The Maturing of the Japanese Economy: Corporate Social Responsibility Implications," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(3), pages 527-540, July.
- David A Ralston & David J Gustafson & Fanny M Cheung & Robert H Terpstra, 1993. "Differences in Managerial Values: A Study of U.S., Hong Kong and PRC Managers," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 24(2), pages 249-275, June.
- Vitell, Scott J. & Paolillo, Joseph G. P. & Thomas, James L., 2003. "The Perceived Role of Ethics and Social Responsibility: A Study of Marketing Professionals," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 63-86, January.
- Linda O’Riordan & Jenny Fairbrass, 2008. "Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR): Models and Theories in Stakeholder Dialogue," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 83(4), pages 745-758, December.
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Heung-Jun Jung & Dong-One Kim, 2016. "Good Neighbors but Bad Employers: Two Faces of Corporate Social Responsibility Programs," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 295-310, October.
- Belal A. Kaifi & Nile M. Khanfar & Ahmad O. Noor & Laura Poluka, 2014. "International Business Students¡¯ Understanding, Perception, and Commitment to Corporate Social Responsibility: A Study Based Upon Gender, Generational Affiliation, and Culture," Business and Management Research, Business and Management Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 3(3), pages 34-42, September.
- Yeunjae Lee, 2020. "Toward a Communality with Employees: The Role of CSR Types and Internal Reputation," Corporate Reputation Review, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(1), pages 13-23, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lei Wang & Heikki Juslin, 2011. "The effects of value on the perception of corporate social responsibility implementation: A study of Chinese youth," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 18(4), pages 246-262, July.
- Pätäri, S. & Arminen, H. & Albareda, L. & Puumalainen, K. & Toppinen, A., 2017. "Student values and perceptions of corporate social responsibility in the forest industry on the road to a bioeconomy," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(P1), pages 201-215.
- Laura Broccardo & Elisa Truant & Adrian Zicari, 2019. "Internal corporate sustainability drivers: What evidence from family firms? A literature review and research agenda," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(1), pages 1-18, January.
- David Ralston & Carolyn Egri & Charlotte Karam & Irina Naoumova & Narasimhan Srinivasan & Tania Casado & Yongjuan Li & Ruth Alas, 2015. "The triple-bottom-line of corporate responsibility: Assessing the attitudes of present and future business professionals across the BRICs," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(1), pages 145-179, March.
- Wang, Qi & Wu, Chong & Sun, Yang, 2015. "Evaluating corporate social responsibility of airlines using entropy weight and grey relation analysis," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 55-62.
- Olga Bruyaka & Hanko Zeitzmann & Isabelle Chalamon & Richard Wokutch & Pooja Thakur, 2013. "Strategic Corporate Social Responsibility and Orphan Drug Development: Insights from the US and the EU Biopharmaceutical Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 45-65, September.
- Dopico-Parada, Ana & Rodríguez-Daponte, Rocío & González-Vázquez, Encarnación, 2014. "Avaliação da RSC pelo consumidor e medição do seu efeito sobre as compras," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 54(1), January.
- Alejandro Alvarado-Herrera & Enrique Bigne & Joaquín Aldas-Manzano & Rafael Curras-Perez, 2017. "A Scale for Measuring Consumer Perceptions of Corporate Social Responsibility Following the Sustainable Development Paradigm," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 140(2), pages 243-262, January.
- Michał Jurek, 2014. "The genesis and evolution of CSR self-regulation with special refer-ence to the case of financial institutions," Working papers wpaper70, Financialisation, Economy, Society & Sustainable Development (FESSUD) Project.
- Rafael Currás‐Pérez & Consuelo Dolz‐Dolz & María J. Miquel‐Romero & Isabel Sánchez‐García, 2018. "How social, environmental, and economic CSR affects consumer‐perceived value: Does perceived consumer effectiveness make a difference?," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 25(5), pages 733-747, September.
- Yung‐Fu Huang & Manh‐Hoang Do & Vimal Kumar, 2019. "Consumers' perception on corporate social responsibility: Evidence from Vietnam," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(6), pages 1272-1284, November.
- Yijing Wang & Guido Berens, 2015. "The Impact of Four Types of Corporate Social Performance on Reputation and Financial Performance," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(2), pages 337-359, October.
- Ifzal Ahmad & Khurram Shahzad & Asma Gul, 2019. "Mediating Role of Customer Satisfaction between Corporate Social Responsibility and Customer-Based Brand Equity," Business & Economic Review, Institute of Management Sciences, Peshawar, Pakistan, vol. 11(1), pages 123-144, March.
- Víctor Amor-Esteban & Mª-Purificación Galindo-Villardón & Isabel-María García-Sánchez, 2019. "A Multivariate Proposal for a National Corporate Social Responsibility Practices Index (NCSRPI) for International Settings," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 143(2), pages 525-560, June.
- Sora Kang & Su Jin Han & Jounghae Bang, 2018. "The Fit between Employees’ Perception and the Organization’s Behavior in Terms of Corporate Social Responsibility," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-19, May.
- Sapanna Laysiriroj & Walter Wehrmeyer, 2020. "Intergenerational differences of CSR activities in family-run businesses in eastern Thailand," Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 1-15, December.
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Hoje Jo & Jimi Kim & Moo Sung Kim, 2018. "Business Groups and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 153(4), pages 931-954, December.
- Martínez-Ferrero, Jennifer & García-Sánchez, Isabel-María, 2017. "Coercive, normative and mimetic isomorphism as determinants of the voluntary assurance of sustainability reports," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 102-118.
- Agata Rudnicka & Janusz Reichel, 2012. "Improvement of social and environmental dimensions of quality in the context of ISO 26000 standard (Doskonalenie jakoœci organizacji w wymiarze spo³ecznym i œrodowiskowym w kontekœcie normy ISO 26000)," Problemy Zarzadzania, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 10(37), pages 84-93.
- Lau, Hei Tong & Lee, Richard, 2018. "Ethnic media advertising effectiveness, influences and implications," Australasian marketing journal, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 216-220.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility; Organization–public relationships; Multinational corporations;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:113:y:2013:i:1:p:105-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.