Setting Boundaries for Corporate Social Responsibility: Firm–NGO Relationship as Discursive Legitimation Struggle
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Scherer, Andreas Georg & Palazzo, Guido & Matten, Dirk, 2009. "Introduction to the Special Issue: Globalization as a Challenge for Business Responsibilities," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 327-347, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niamh Brennan & Doris Merkl-Davies & Annika Beelitz, 2013.
"Dialogism in Corporate Social Responsibility Communications: Conceptualising Verbal Interaction Between Organisations and Their Audiences,"
Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 115(4), pages 665-679, July.
- Niamh Brennan & Doris M. Merkl-Davies & Annika Beelitz, 2013. "Dialogism in Corporate Social Responsibility Communications: Conceptualising Verbal Interactions between Organisations and their Audiences," Open Access publications 10197/4948, Research Repository, University College Dublin.
- Thomson, Ian, 2014. "Responsible social accounting communities, symbolic activism and the reframing of social accounting. A commentary on new accounts: Towards a reframing of social accounting," Accounting forum, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 274-277.
- Mihaela Păceşilă & Sofia Elena Colesca, 2020. "Insights on Social Responsibility of NGOS," Systemic Practice and Action Research, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 311-339, June.
- Ulf H. Richter & Felix F. Arndt, 2018. "Cognitive Processes in the CSR Decision-Making Process: A Sensemaking Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(3), pages 587-602, March.
- José-Carlos García-Rosell, 2019. "A Discursive Perspective on Corporate Social Responsibility Education: A Story Co-creation Exercise," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 154(4), pages 1019-1032, February.
- Cameron Sabadoz, 2011. "Between Profit-Seeking and Prosociality: Corporate Social Responsibility as Derridean Supplement," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(1), pages 77-91, November.
- Ylönen, Matti & Laine, Matias, 2015. "For logistical reasons only? A case study of tax planning and corporate social responsibility reporting," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 5-23.
- Maria Joutsenvirta, 2013. "Executive Pay and Legitimacy: Changing Discursive Battles Over the Morality of Excessive Manager Compensation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 459-477, September.
- Dirk C. Moosmayer & Susannah M. Davis, 2016. "Staking Cosmopolitan Claims: How Firms and NGOs Talk About Supply Chain Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 403-417, May.
- Florence Depoers & Tiphaine Jérôme, 2017. "Environmental expenditure disclosure strategies in a regulated context [Stratégies de publication des dépenses environnementales dans un cadre réglementaire]," Post-Print hal-01576195, HAL.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Prabhir Poruthiyil, 2013. "Weaning Business Ethics from Strategic Economism: The Development Ethics Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 735-749, September.
- Christof Miska & Mark E. Mendenhall, 2018. "Responsible Leadership: A Mapping of Extant Research and Future Directions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(1), pages 117-134, March.
- Szennay, Áron, 2020. "A vállalati társadalmi felelősségvállalás megközelítései és a fenntartható fejlődés [How popular approaches to corporate social responsibility relate to sustainable development]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(10), pages 1057-1074.
- Jukka Mäkinen & Eero Kasanen, 2016. "Boundaries Between Business and Politics: A Study on the Division of Moral Labor," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 134(1), pages 103-116, March.
- Marie-Laure Salles-Djelic & Helen Etchanchu, 2015. "Contextualizing Corporate Political Responsibilities: Neoliberal CSR in Historical Perspective," Post-Print hal-01891961, HAL.
- Dorothée Baumann-Pauly & Andreas Scherer, 2013. "The Organizational Implementation of Corporate Citizenship: An Assessment Tool and its Application at UN Global Compact Participants," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 117(1), pages 1-17, September.
- Krista Bondy & Jeremy Moon & Dirk Matten, 2012. "An Institution of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in Multi-National Corporations (MNCs): Form and Implications," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 281-299, December.
- Pilar Acosta & Mar Pérezts, 2019. "Unearthing Sedimentation Dynamics in Political CSR: The Case of Colombia," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 155(2), pages 425-444, March.
- Wagner, Marcus, 2015. "A European perspective on country moderation effects: Environmental management systems and sustainability-related human resource benefits," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 379-388.
- Kirsti Iivonen & Johanna Moisander, 2015. "Rhetorical Construction of Narcissistic CSR Orientation," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 649-664, October.
- Marie-Laure Djelic & Helen Etchanchu, 2017. "Contextualizing Corporate Political Responsibilities: Neoliberal CSR in Historical Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 142(4), pages 641-661, June.
- Marie-Laure Djelic & Helen Etchanchu, 2015. "Contextualizing Corporate Political Responsibilities: Neoliberal CSR in Historical Perspective," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/4u6bdim0o89, Sciences Po.
- Cynthia Clark & Jill Brown, 2015. "Multinational Corporations and Governance Effectiveness: Toward a More Integrative Board," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 132(3), pages 565-577, December.
- Louis Y.Y. Lu & John S. Liu, 2014. "The Knowledge Diffusion Paths of Corporate Social Responsibility – From 1970 to 2011," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 21(2), pages 113-128, March.
- David Detomasi, 2015. "The Multinational Corporation as a Political Actor: ‘Varieties of Capitalism’ Revisited," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 128(3), pages 685-700, May.
- Héloïse Berkowitz & Antoine Souchaud, 2019. "(Self-)Regulation of Sharing Economy Platforms Through Partial Meta-organizing," Post-Print hal-02528015, HAL.
- Philipp Schreck, 2011. "Reviewing the Business Case for Corporate Social Responsibility: New Evidence and Analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 103(2), pages 167-188, October.
- Eshani Beddewela & Jenny Fairbrass, 2016. "Seeking Legitimacy Through CSR: Institutional Pressures and Corporate Responses of Multinationals in Sri Lanka," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 503-522, July.
- Belal, Ataur Rahman & Cooper, Stuart, 2011. "The absence of corporate social responsibility reporting in Bangladesh," CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON ACCOUNTING, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 654-667.
- Maria Ehrnström-Fuentes, 2016. "Delinking Legitimacies: A Pluriversal Perspective on Political CSR," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 53(3), pages 433-462, May.
More about this item
Keywordscorporate social responsibility; discourse analysis; forest industry; legitimacy; NGO; rhetorical analysis;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:102:y:2011:i:1:p:57-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.