Between Profit-Seeking and Prosociality: Corporate Social Responsibility as Derridean Supplement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Maria Joutsenvirta, 2011. "Setting Boundaries for Corporate Social Responsibility: Firm–NGO Relationship as Discursive Legitimation Struggle," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 57-75, August.
- Carroll, Archie B., 1991. "The pyramid of corporate social responsibility: Toward the moral management of organizational stakeholders," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 39-48.
- Andy Lockett & Jeremy Moon & Wayne Visser, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility in Management Research: Focus, Nature, Salience and Sources of Influence," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 115-136, January.
- Abagail McWilliams & Donald S. Siegel & Patrick M. Wright, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility: Strategic Implications," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Epstein, Edwin M., 2000. "The Continuing Quest for Accountable, Ethical, and Humane Corporate Capitalism: An Enduring Challenge for Social Issues in Management in the New Millennium," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(1), pages 145-157, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Janine Hiller, 2013. "The Benefit Corporation and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(2), pages 287-301, December.
- Ki‐Hoon Lee & David M. Herold & Ae‐Li Yu, 2016. "Small and Medium Enterprises and Corporate Social Responsibility Practice: A Swedish Perspective," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 23(2), pages 88-99, March.
- Nir Halevy & Sora Jun & Eileen Y. Chou, 2020. "Intergroup Conflict is Our Business: CEOs’ Ethical Intergroup Leadership Fuels Stakeholder Support for Corporate Intergroup Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 162(1), pages 229-246, February.
- Daina Mazutis, 2014. "Supererogation: Beyond Positive Deviance and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 119(4), pages 517-528, February.
- Tomáš Sigmund, 2015. "Vztah etického a ekonomického chování [The relationship of ethical and economic behaviour]," Politická ekonomie, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2015(2), pages 223-243.
- Jeffrey S. Harrison & Shawn L. Berman, 2016. "Corporate Social Performance and Economic Cycles," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(2), pages 279-294, October.
- Iveta Ubrežiová & Regína Kurčová & Jarmila Horváthová, 2017. "How Can We See the Corporate Social Responsibility within Its Application in Business Practice?," Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, Mendel University Press, vol. 65(1), pages 339-346.
- Onyeka K. Osuji & Ugochukwu L. Obibuaku, 2016. "Rights and Corporate Social Responsibility: Competing or Complementary Approaches to Poverty Reduction and Socioeconomic Rights?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(2), pages 329-347, June.
- Rahmawati, 2018. "Deconstructed CSR and Social Audit Model: Postmodernist Paradigm Observations in Luwu Mining Areas, Indonesia," GATR Journals jfbr142, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Victoria Wells & Nick Ellis & Richard Slack & Mona Moufahim, 2019. "“It’s Us, You Know, There’s a Feeling of Community”: Exploring Notions of Community in a Consumer Co-operative," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 158(3), pages 617-635, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lis, Bettina, 2012. "The Relevance of Corporate Social Responsibility for a Sustainable Human Resource Management: An Analysis of Organizational Attractiveness as a Determinant in Employees’ Selection of a (Potential) Emp," management revue - Socio-Economic Studies, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- Martínez Ros, Ester & Kunapatarawong, Rasi, 2013. "Influences of institutional pressures on corporate social responsibility attitude and corporate social responsibility outcomes," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb130301, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Kudla, Nicole & Stölzle, Wolfgang, 2011. "Sustainability Supply Chain Management Research," Die Unternehmung - Swiss Journal of Business Research and Practice, Nomos Verlagsgesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, vol. 65(3), pages 263-301.
- Wang Shuo & Gao Yuhui, 2016. "What do we know about corporate social responsibility research? a content analysis," The Irish Journal of Management, Sciendo, vol. 35(1), pages 1-16, April.
- Tiffany Cheng Han Leung & Robin Stanley Snell, 2017. "Attraction or Distraction? Corporate Social Responsibility in Macao’s Gambling Industry," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 637-658, October.
- Upadhaya, Bedanand & Munir, Rahat & Blount, Yvette & Su, Sophia, 2018. "Does organizational culture mediate the CSR – strategy relationship? Evidence from a developing country, Nepal," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 108-122.
- Scholtens, Bert, 2008. "A note on the interaction between corporate social responsibility and financial performance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 46-55, December.
- Md. Rabiul Islam & Syed Zabid Hossain, 2019. "Conceptual mapping of shared value creation by the private commercial banks in Bangladesh," Asian Journal of Sustainability and Social Responsibility, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 1-20, December.
- Juelin Yin & Yuli Zhang, 2012. "Institutional Dynamics and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) in an Emerging Country Context: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 111(2), pages 301-316, December.
- Lei Wang & Heikki Juslin, 2011. "The effects of value on the perception of corporate social responsibility implementation: A study of Chinese youth," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 18(4), pages 246-262, July.
- Ovidiu-Ioan Moisescu, 2015. "Adopting and Implementing CSR Policies in Travel Agency Business: The Case of Romania," Tržište/Market, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Zagreb, vol. 27(2), pages 203-220.
- Manuel Branco & LÃºcia Rodrigues, 2006. "Corporate Social Responsibility and Resource-Based Perspectives," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 111-132, December.
- Markus Kitzmueller, 2008. "Economics and Corporate Social Responsibility," Economics Working Papers ECO2008/37, European University Institute.
- Carola Hillenbrand & Kevin Money & Stephen Pavelin, 2012. "Stakeholder-Defined Corporate Responsibility for a Pre-Credit-Crunch Financial Service Company: Lessons for How Good Reputations are Won and Lost," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(3), pages 337-356, February.
- Dominik Aaken & Florian Buchner, 2020. "Religion and CSR: a systematic literature review," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 90(5), pages 917-945, June.
- Dorian Aliu & Ayten Akatay & Armando Aliu & Umut Eroglu, 2017. "Public Policy Influences on Academia in the European Union," SAGE Open, , vol. 7(1), pages 21582440176, February.
- Meng‐Feng Yen & Yung‐Ming Shiu & Chi‐Feng Wang, 2019. "Socially responsible investment returns and news: Evidence from Asia," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 26(6), pages 1565-1578, November.
- Khaled Mohammed Alqahtani & Pingping Song, 2016. "Corporate Social Responsibility of Chinese SMEs: Implementation and Challenges (Spoleczna odpowiedzialnosc chinskich MSP: wdrozenie, realizacja i wyzwania)," Research Reports, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(20), pages 65-79.
- Kim, Chung Hee & Amaeshi, Kenneth & Harris, Simon & Suh, Chang-Jin, 2013. "CSR and the national institutional context: The case of South Korea," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(12), pages 2581-2591.
- Enrique Bigné Alcañiz & Alejandro Alvarado Herrera & Rafael Currás Pérez & José Javier Rivera Alcami, 2010. "Latest evolution of academic research in corporate social responsibility: an empirical analysis," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 332-344, August.
More about this item
KeywordsCorporate social responsibility; Différance; Discourse; Jacques Derrida; Supplementarity; Undecidability;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:104:y:2011:i:1:p:77-91. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.