Assessing the maintenance of savings sufficiency over the first decade of retirement
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Robert Haveman & Karen Holden & Barbara Wolfe & Andrei Romanov, 2005. "Assessing the Maintenance of Savings Sufficiency Over the First Decade of Retirement," CESifo Working Paper Series 1567, CESifo Group Munich.
References listed on IDEAS
- Olivia S. Mitchell & James Moore & John Phillips, "undated". "Explaining Retirement Saving Shortfalls," Pension Research Council Working Papers 98-13, Wharton School Pension Research Council, University of Pennsylvania.
- Engen, Eric & Gale, William & Uccello, Cori, 1999. "The Adequacy of Household Saving," MPRA Paper 56442, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lina Walker, 2004. "Elderly Households and Housing Wealth: Do They Use It or Lose It?," Working Papers wp070, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Weinberg, 2001.
"What Accounts for the Variation in Retirement Wealth among U.S. Households?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 91(4), pages 832-857, September.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Weinberg, 1997. "What Accounts for the Variation in Retirement Wealth Among U.S. Households?," Working Papers 97035, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Jonathan Skinner & Steven Weinberg, 1997. "What Accounts for the Variation in Retirement Wealth Among U.S. Households?," NBER Working Papers 6227, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gustman, Alan L. & Steinmeier, Thomas L., 1999.
"Effects of pensions on savings: analysis with data from the health and retirement study,"
Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 271-324, June.
- Alan L. Gustman & Thomas L. Steinmeier, 1998. "Effects of Pensions on Saving: Analysis with Data from the Health and Retirement Study," NBER Working Papers 6681, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Love, David A. & Palumbo, Michael G. & Smith, Paul A., 2009.
"The trajectory of wealth in retirement,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 93(1-2), pages 191-208, February.
- David A. Love & Michael G. Palumbo & Paul A. Smith, 2008. "The trajectory of wealth in retirement," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- David A. Love & Michael G. Palumbo & Paul A. Smith, 2008. "The Trajectory of Wealth in Retirement," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2008-7, Center for Retirement Research, revised Feb 2008.
- David Love & Michael Palumbo & Paul Smith, 2008. "The Trajectory of Wealth in Retirement," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-10, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- van Dalen, H.P. & Henkens, K. & Hershey, D.A., 2008. "Are Pension Savings sufficient? Perceptions and Expectations of American and Dutch Workers," Discussion Paper 2008-58, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Karen Smith & Mauricio Soto & Rudolph G. Penner, 2009. "How Seniors Change Their Asset Holdings During Retirement," Working Papers, Center for Retirement Research at Boston College wp2009-31, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2009.
- Geoffrey L. Wallace & Robert Haveman & Karen Holden & Barbara Wolfe, 2012. "Health and Wealth in Early Retirement," CEPR Discussion Papers 669, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- David A. Love & Paul A. Smith & Lucy C. McNair, 2008.
"A New Look At The Wealth Adequacy Of Older U.S. Households,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 54(4), pages 616-642, December.
- David Love & Paul A. Smith & Lucy C. McNair, 2008. "A New Look at the Wealth Adequacy of Older U.S. Households," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-12, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- David A. Love & Paul A. Smith & Lucy C. McNair, 2008. "A new look at the wealth adequacy of older U.S. households," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2008-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jim Been & Michael Hurd & Susann Rohwedder, 2014. "Responses of Time-use to Shocks in Wealth during the Great Recession," Working Papers wp313, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- Christian Dudel & Notburga Ott & Martin Werding, 2016. "Maintaining one’s living standard at old age: What does that mean?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 1261-1279, November.
- James M. Poterba & Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2011.
"Were They Prepared for Retirement? Financial Status at Advanced Ages in the HRS and AHEAD Cohorts,"
NBER Chapters,in: Investigations in the Economics of Aging, pages 21-69
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James M. Poterba & Steven F. Venti & David A. Wise, 2012. "Were They Prepared for Retirement? Financial Status at Advanced Ages in the HRS and AHEAD Cohorts," NBER Working Papers 17824, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marike Knoef & Rob Alessie & Adriaan Kalwij, 2013. "Changes in the Income Distribution of the Dutch Elderly between 1989 and 2020: a Dynamic Microsimulation," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59(3), pages 460-485, September.
- Matti Tuomala & Sanna Tenhunen, 2013. "On the design of an optimal non-linear tax/pension system with habit formation," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 20(3), pages 485-512, June.
- de Bresser, Jochem & Knoef, Marike, 2015. "Can the Dutch meet their own retirement expenditure goals?," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 100-117.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial security; Retirement; Savings; Pensions; Well-being; Poverty; D31; H55; J26;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:itaxpf:v:14:y:2007:i:4:p:481-502. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.