The Environmental Kuznets Curve Under a New Framework: The Role of Social Capital in Water Pollution
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dinda, Soumyananda & Coondoo, Dipankor & Pal, Manoranjan, 2000. "Air quality and economic growth: an empirical study," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 409-423, September.
- Pretty, Jules & Ward, Hugh, 2001. "Social Capital and the Environment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 209-227, February.
- La Porta, Rafael, et al, 1997. "Trust in Large Organizations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(2), pages 333-338, May.
- Jha, Raghbendra & Murthy, K. V. Bhanu, 2003. "An inverse global environmental Kuznets curve," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 352-368, June.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30726298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rudd, Murray A., 2000. "Live long and prosper: collective action, social capital and social vision," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 131-144, July.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1995. "Neoclassical Growth, the J Curve for Abatement, and the Inverted U Curve for Pollution," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 162-168, September.
- Unruh, G. C. & Moomaw, W. R., 1998. "An alternative analysis of apparent EKC-type transitions," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 221-229, May.
- Rodriguez, Luis Carlos & Pascual, Unai, 2004. "Land clearance and social capital in mountain agro-ecosystems: the case of Opuntia scrubland in Ayacucho, Peru," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 243-252, June.
- Krishna Paudel & Hector Zapata & Dwi Susanto, 2005. "An Empirical Test of Environmental Kuznets Curve for Water Pollution," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 31(3), pages 325-348, July.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J. & Freshwater, David, 2000.
"Social Capital and Economic Growth: A County-Level Analysis,"
Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(03), pages 565-572, December.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Goetz, Stephan J. & Freshwater, David, 2000. "Social Capital And Economic Growth: A County-Level Analysis," Journal of Agricultural and Applied Economics, Southern Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(03), December.
- Dinda, Soumyananda, 2004. "Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis: A Survey," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(4), pages 431-455, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paudel, Krishna P. & Lin, C.-Y. Cynthia & Pandit, Mahesh, 2014. "Environmental Kuznets Curve for Water Quality Parameters at Global Level," 2014 Annual Meeting, February 1-4, 2014, Dallas, Texas 162618, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Czajkowski, Mikołaj & Kądziela, Tadeusz & Hanley, Nick, 2014.
"We want to sort! Assessing households’ preferences for sorting waste,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 290-306.
- Mikołaj Czajkowski & Tadeusz Kądziela & Nick Hanley, 2012. "We want to sort! – assessing households’ preferences for sorting waste," Working Papers 2012-07, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Czajkowski, Mikolaj & Hanley, Nicholas & Kadziela, Tadeusz, 2012. "We want to sort! - assessing households' preferences for sorting waste," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2012-01, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Marbuah, George & Gren, Ing-Marie, 2015. "Carbon emission and social capital in Sweden," Working Paper Series 2015:5, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences, Department Economics.
- Y. Farzin & Kelly Grogan, 2013.
"Socioeconomic factors and water quality in California,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 15(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Y. Hossein Farzin & Kelly A. Grogan, 2011. "Socioeconomic Factors and Water Quality in California," Working Papers 2011.51, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Justin Tevie & Kristine M. Grimsrud & Robert P. Berrens, 2011. "Testing the Environmental Kuznets Curve Hypothesis for Biodiversity Risk in the US: A Spatial Econometric Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(11), pages 1-18, November.
- Cao, Dong & Wang, Lin & Wang, Yaozhong, 2011. "Endogenous fluctuations induced by nonlinear pollution accumulation in an OLG economy and the bifurcation control," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2528-2531.
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental Kuznets curve; Principal component analysis; Social capital; Spatial regression; Water pollution; Q25; Z13;
- Q25 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - Water
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:42:y:2009:i:2:p:265-278. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.