The Design of ``Smart'' Water Market Institutions Using Laboratory Experiments
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rassenti, Stephen J & Reynolds, Stanley S & Smith, Vernon L, 1994. "Cotenancy and Competition in an Experimental Auction Market for Natural Gas Pipeline Networks," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 4(1), pages 41-65, January.
- Smith, Vernon L, 1982. "Microeconomic Systems as an Experimental Science," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 923-955, December.
- Vernon L. Smith, 1980. "Relevance of Laboratory Experiments to Testing Resource Allocation Theory," NBER Chapters,in: Evaluation of Econometric Models, pages 345-377 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- McCabe, Kevin A. & Rassenti, Stephen J. & Smith, Vernon L., 1989. "Designing `smart' computer-assisted markets : An experimental auction for gas networks," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 5(2-3), pages 259-283.
- Plott, Charles R., "undated". "Dimensions of Parallelism: Some Policy Applications of Experimental Methods," Working Papers 569, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Jan Kmenta & James B. Ramsey, 1980. "Evaluation of Econometric Models," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kmen80-1, January.
- Richard E. Howitt, 1995. "A Calibration Method For Agricultural Economic Production Models," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(2), pages 147-159.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghosh, Sanchari & Cobourn, Kelly & Elbakidze, Levan, 2013. "Water Banks, Markets, and Prior Appropriation: A Comparison of Water Allocation Instruments in the Eastern Snake River Plain," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150643, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Noussair, C.N. & van Soest, D.P., 2014. "Economic Experiments and Environmental Policy : A Review," Discussion Paper 2014-001, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans-Theo Normann & Roberto Ricciuti, 2009. "Laboratory Experiments For Economic Policy Making," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(3), pages 407-432, July.
- Aurora García-Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís & Roberto Hernán-González & Praveen Kujal, 2012. "How do Markets Manage Water Resources? An Experiment," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 53(1), pages 1-23, September.
- Kristiana Hansen & Jonathan Kaplan & Stephan Kroll, 2014.
"Valuing Options in Water Markets: A Laboratory Investigation,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 57(1), pages 59-80, January.
- Hansen, Kristiana & Kaplan, Jonathan D. & Kroll, Stephan, 2008. "Valuing Options in Water Markets: A Laboratory Investigation," Working Papers 108722, Colorado State University, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- James J. Murphy & Ariel Dinar & Richard E. Howitt & Erin Mastrangelo & Stephen J. Rassenti & Vernon L. Smith, 2006.
"Mechanisms for Addressing Third-Party Impacts Resulting From Voluntary Water Transfers,"
Chapters,in: Using Experimental Methods in Environmental and Resource Economics, chapter 5
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Murphy, James J. & Dinar, Ariel & Howitt, Richard E. & Mastrangelo, Erin & Rassenti, Stephen J. & Smith, Vernon L., 2002. "Mechanisms For Addressing Third-Party Impacts Resulting From Voluntary Water Transfers," 2002 Annual meeting, July 28-31, Long Beach, CA 19812, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- repec:eee:soceco:v:68:y:2017:i:c:p:41-52 is not listed on IDEAS
- Raffensperger, John F., 2011. "Matching users' rights to available groundwater," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(6), pages 1041-1050, April.
- John Raffensperger & Thomas Cochrane, 2010. "A Smart Market for Impervious Cover," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 24(12), pages 3065-3083, September.
- Calatrava-Leyva, Javier & Colmenero, Alberto Garrido, 2001. "Analisis del efecto de los mercados de agua sobre el beneficio de las explotaciones, la contaminacion por nitratos y el empleo eventual agrario," Economia Agraria y Recursos Naturales, Spanish Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 1(02), December.
- John G. Tisdell, 2011.
"Water markets in Australia: an experimental analysis of alternative market mechanisms,"
Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(4), pages 500-517, October.
- Tisdell, John, 2011. "Water markets in Australia: an experimental analysis of alternative market mechanisms," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 55(4), December.
- Juchems, Elizabeth M. & Schoengold, Karina & Brozovic, Nicholas, 2013. "Predicting Groundwater Trading Participation In The Upper Republican Natural Resource District," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150511, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- D. Lumbroso & C. Twigger-Ross & J. Raffensperger & J. Harou & M. Silcock & A. Thompson, 2014. "Stakeholders’ Responses to the Use of Innovative Water Trading Systems in East Anglia, England," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 28(9), pages 2677-2694, July.
- Alberto Garrido, 2007. "Water markets design and evidence from experimental economics," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 38(3), pages 311-330, November.
More about this item
Keywordsauctions; laboratory experiments; mechanism design; water markets;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:17:y:2000:i:4:p:375-394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .