Brazil’s growth performance: a comparative perspective to the Asian giants
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nazmi, Nader, 2002. "Global finance, sovereign risk and economic performance of Brazil," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 865-874.
- Prasad, Eswar S., 2009. "Is the Chinese growth miracle built to last?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 103-123, March.
- Pang, Gaobo & Pinto, Brian & Wes, Marina, 2007. "India rising - faster growth, lower indebtedness," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4241, The World Bank.
- De Gregorio, Jose, 1992.
"The effects of inflation on economic growth : Lessons from Latin America,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(2-3), pages 417-425, April.
- Jose De Gregorio, 1991. "The Effects of Inflationon Economic Growth; Lessons From Latin America," IMF Working Papers 91/95, International Monetary Fund.
- Mauricio Mesquita Moreira, 2004. "Brazil’s Trade Liberalization and Growth: Has it Failed?," International Trade 0412008, EconWPA.
- De Gregorio, Jose, 1992. "Economic growth in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 59-84, July.
- Fajnzylber, Pablo & Lederman, Daniel, 1999. "Economic reforms and total factor productivity growth in Latin America and the Caribbean (1950-95) - an empirical note," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2114, The World Bank.
- Pedro Cavalcanti Ferreira & JosÈ Luiz Rossi, 2003. "New Evidence from Brazil on Trade Liberalization and Productivity Growth," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 44(4), pages 1383-1405, November.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-286, July.
- Gomes, Victor & Pessôa, Samuel de Abreu & Veloso, Fernando A., 2003. "Evolução da produtividade total dos fatores na economia brasileira: uma análise comparativa," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 483, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Richard Herd & Sean Dougherty, 2007. "Growth Prospects in China and India Compared," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 4(1), pages 65-89, June.
- Bonelli, Regis, 1992. "Growth and productivity in Brazilian industries : Impacts of trade orientation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 85-109, July.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Ricardo Adrogué & Martin Cerisola & Gaston Gelos, 2010.
"Brazil's long-term growth performance: trying to explain the puzzle,"
Journal of Economic Studies,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 356-376, September.
- Ricardo Adrogué & Martin D. Cerisola & R. G Gelos, 2006. "Brazil’s Long-Term Growth Performance—Trying to Explain the Puzzle," IMF Working Papers 06/282, International Monetary Fund.
More about this item
KeywordsGrowth; Trade; Production; F43; O24;
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:44:y:2011:i:1:p:7-24. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.