Cost efficiency analysis of public higher education institutions in Uzbekistan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Philip Andrew Stevens, 2005. "A Stochastic Frontier Analysis of English and Welsh Universities," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 355-374.
- Baumol, William J, 1982. "Contestable Markets: An Uprising in the Theory of Industry Structure," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(1), pages 1-15, March.
- Gerhard Kempkes & Carsten Pohl, 2010.
"The efficiency of German universities-some evidence from nonparametric and parametric methods,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(16), pages 2063-2079.
- Gerhard Kempkes & Carsten Pohl, 2006. "The Efficiency of German Universities – Some Evidence from Non-Parametric and Parametric Methods," ifo Working Paper Series 36, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Kempkes, Gerhard & Pohl, Carsten, 2006. "The Efficiency of German Universities Some Evidence from Non-Parametric and Parametric Methods," Dresden Discussion Paper Series in Economics 08/06, Technische Universität Dresden, Faculty of Business and Economics, Department of Economics.
- Izadi, Hooshang & Johnes, Geraint & Oskrochi, Reza & Crouchley, Robert, 2002. "Stochastic frontier estimation of a CES cost function: the case of higher education in Britain," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 63-71, February.
- Worthington, Andrew C. & Lee, Boon L., 2008.
"Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-298, June.
- Andrew Worthington & Boon L. Lee, 2005. "Efficiency, technology and productivity change in Australian universities, 1998-2003," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 195, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Johnes, Geraint & Johnes, Jill, 2009.
"Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: Taking the decomposition a further step,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 107-113, February.
- G Johnes & J Johnes, 2005. "Higher education institutions' costs and efficiency: taking the decomposition a further step," Working Papers 574007, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- Dundar, Halil & Lewis, Darrell R., 1995. "Departmental productivity in American universities: Economies of scale and scope," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 119-144, June.
- Meeusen, Wim & van den Broeck, Julien, 1977. "Efficiency Estimation from Cobb-Douglas Production Functions with Composed Error," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 18(2), pages 435-444, June.
- Cohn, Elchanan & Rhine, Sherrie L W & Santos, Maria C, 1989. "Institutions of Higher Education as Multi-product Firms: Economies of Scale and Scope," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(2), pages 284-290, May.
- Johnstone, D. Bruce, 2004. "The economics and politics of cost sharing in higher education: comparative perspectives," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 403-410, August.
- Kuo, Jenn-Shyong & Ho, Yi-Cheng, 2008. "The cost efficiency impact of the university operation fund on public universities in Taiwan," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 603-612, October.
- Koshal, Rajindar K. & Koshal, Manjulika, 1999. "Economies of scale and scope in higher education: a case of comprehensive universities," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 269-277, April.
- Horne, Jocelyn & Hu, Baiding, 2008.
"Estimation of cost efficiency of Australian universities,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 266-275.
- Jocelyn Horne & Baiding Hu, 2005. "Estimation of Cost Efficiency of Australian Universities," Research Papers 0502, Macquarie University, Department of Economics.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Ghosh, Soumendra & McGuckin, J Thomas, 1991. "A Generalized Production Frontier Approach for Estimating Determinants of Inefficiency in U.S. Dairy Farms," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 9(3), pages 279-286, July.
- Melville McMillan & Wing Chan, 2006. "University Efficiency: A Comparison and Consolidation of Results from Stochastic and Non-stochastic Methods," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 1-30.
- Tommaso Agasisti, 2016. "Cost structure, productivity and efficiency of the Italian public higher education industry 2001--2011," International Review of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(1), pages 48-68, January.
- Daghbashyan, Zara, 2011. "The Economic Efficiency of Swedish Higher Education Institutions," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 245, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies, revised 17 Dec 2012.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-332.
- Erkoc, Taptuk Emre, 2013. "Estimating Economic Efficiencies of Public Sector Organisations with Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Evidence from Turkish Higher Education," MPRA Paper 54101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
More about this item
Keywordsstochastic frontier; cost efficiency; higher education; Uzbekistan;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2018-02-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2018-02-05 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-EDU-2018-02-05 (Education)
- NEP-EFF-2018-02-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:str:wpaper:1704. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kirsty Hall). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/edstruk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.