Managerial ties, organizational learning, and opportunity capture: A social capital perspective
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Yli-Renko, H. & Autio, E. & Tontti, V., 2002. "Social capital, knowledge, and the international growth of technology-based new firms," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 279-304, June.
- Yuan Li & Mike Peng, 2008. "Developing theory from strategic management research in China," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 563-572, September.
- Chung-Leung Luk & Oliver H M Yau & Leo Y M Sin & Alan C B Tse & Raymond P M Chow & Jenny S Y Lee, 2008. "The effects of social capital and organizational innovativeness in different institutional contexts," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(4), pages 589-612, June.
- Barbara Krug & Hans Hendrischke, 2012.
"Market design in Chinese market places,"
Asia Pacific Journal of Management,
Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 525-546, September.
- Krug, B. & Hendrischke, H., 2012. "Market Design in Chinese Market Places," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2012-021-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Shujun Zhang & Xinchun Li, 2008. "Managerial ties, firm resources, and performance of cluster firms," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 615-633, December.
- Davidsson, Per & Honig, Benson, 2003. "The role of social and human capital among nascent entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 301-331, May.
- Zahra, Shaker A., 1996. "Technology strategy and financial performance: Examining the moderating role of the firm's competitive environment," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 189-219, May.
- Hsu, Chin-Chun & Pereira, Arun, 2008. "Internationalization and performance: The moderating effects of organizational learning," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 188-205, April.
- Auh, Seigyoung & Menguc, Bulent, 2005. "Balancing exploration and exploitation: The moderating role of competitive intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1652-1661, December.
- Lumpkin, G. T. & Dess, Gregory G., 2001. "Linking two dimensions of entrepreneurial orientation to firm performance: The moderating role of environment and industry life cycle," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 429-451, September.
- Julie Juan Li & Kevin Zheng Zhou & Alan T Shao, 2009. "Competitive position, managerial ties, and profitability of foreign firms in China: an interactive perspective," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 40(2), pages 339-352, February.
- Brian Uzzi & Ryon Lancaster, 2003. "Relational Embeddedness and Learning: The Case of Bank Loan Managers and Their Clients," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(4), pages 383-399, April.
- Li, Yuan & Lee, Soo-Hoon & Li, Xiyao & Liu, Yi, 2010. "Knowledge Codification, Exploitation, and Innovation: The Moderating Influence of Organizational Controls in Chinese Firms," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 219-241, July.
- Ozgen, Eren & Baron, Robert A., 2007. "Social sources of information in opportunity recognition: Effects of mentors, industry networks, and professional forums," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 174-192, March.
- Bhagavatula, Suresh & Elfring, Tom & van Tilburg, Aad & van de Bunt, Gerhard G., 2010. "How social and human capital influence opportunity recognition and resource mobilization in India's handloom industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 245-260, May.
- Mike Wright & Robert E. Hoskisson & Mike W. Peng, 2005. "Strategy Research in Emerging Economies: Challenging the Conventional Wisdom," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 1-33, January.
- Li, Julie Juan & Zhou, Kevin Zheng, 2010. "How foreign firms achieve competitive advantage in the Chinese emerging economy: Managerial ties and market orientation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 856-862, August.
- Standifird, Stephen S. & Marshall, R. Scott, 2000. "The transaction cost advantage of guanxi-based business practices," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 21-42, April.
- Kwon, Seok-Woo & Arenius, Pia, 2010. "Nations of entrepreneurs: A social capital perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 315-330, May.
- Luo, Yadong & Huang, Ying & Wang, Stephanie Lu, 2012. "Guanxi and Organizational Performance: A Meta-Analysis," Management and Organization Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(01), pages 139-172, March.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Overton, Terry S., 1977. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," MPRA Paper 81694, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Canan Mutlu & Wu Zhan & Mike Peng & Zhiang Lin, 2015. "Competing in (and out of) transition economies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 571-596, September.
- Zhou Jiang & Xiaowen Hu, 2016. "Knowledge Sharing and Life Satisfaction: The Roles of Colleague Relationships and Gender," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 379-394, March.
- repec:eee:touman:v:64:y:2018:i:c:p:258-270 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:9:y:2017:i:9:p:1564-:d:110726 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:krk:eberjl:v:4:y:2016:i:1:p:181-191 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Carney, 2015. "Capacity building at the Asia Pacific Journal of Management," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 827-833, December.
- repec:eee:touman:v:61:y:2017:i:c:p:553-561 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yaqun Yi & Yuan Li & Michael A. Hitt & Yi Liu & Zelong Wei, 2016. "The influence of resource bundling on the speed of strategic change: Moderating effects of relational capital," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 435-467, June.
- Jing Zhang & Justin Tan & Poh Wong, 2015. "When does investment in political ties improve firm performance? The contingent effect of innovation activities," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 363-387, June.
- A. Ashwin & Rishikesha Krishnan & Rejie George, 2015. "Family firms in India: family involvement, innovation and agency and stewardship behaviors," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 869-900, December.
- Zhao, Hongxin & Lu, Jiangyong, 2016. "Contingent value of political capital in bank loan acquisition: Evidence from founder-controlled private enterprises in China," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 153-174.
- Mike W. Peng & Yuan Li & Longwei Tian, 2016. "Tian-ren-he-yi strategy: An Eastern perspective," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 695-722, September.
- Li, Jingxun & Lee, Ruby P., 2015. "Can knowledge transfer within MNCs hurt subsidiary performance? The role of subsidiary entrepreneurial culture and capabilities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 663-673.
- Ivan De Noni & Roberta Apa, 2015. "The moderating effect of exploitative and exploratory learning on internationalisation–performance relationship in SMEs," Journal of International Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 96-117, June.
- Muzychenko, Olga & Liesch, Peter W., 2015. "International opportunity identification in the internationalisation of the firm," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 704-717.
More about this item
KeywordsManagerial ties; Opportunity capture; Exploratory learning; Exploitative learning; New ventures;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:31:y:2014:i:1:p:271-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.