Disaggregating the group effect: Vertical and horizontal keiretsu in changing economic times
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 2001.
"The morning after: explaining the slowdown in Japanese growth in the 1990s,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 241-259, April.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "The Morning After; Explaining the Slowdown in Japanese Growth in the 1990's," IMF Working Papers 99/13, International Monetary Fund.
- Tamim Bayoumi, 1999. "The Morning After: Explaining the Slowdown in Japanese Growth in the 1990s," NBER Working Papers 7350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bayoumi, Tamim, 2000. "The Morning After: Explaining The Slowdown In Japanese Growth In The 1990s," CEPR Discussion Papers 2436, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kim, Kenneth A & Limpaphayom, Piman, 1998. "A Test of the Two-Tier Corporate Governance Structure: The Case of Japanese Keiretsu," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 21(1), pages 37-51, Spring.
- Xueping Wu & Lily Li Xu, 2005. "The Value Information of Financing Decisions and Corporate Governance during and after the Japanese Deregulation," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 243-280, January.
- Dewenter, Kathryn & Novaes, Walter & Pettway, Richard H, 2001. "Visibility versus Complexity in Business Groups: Evidence from Japanese Keiretsu," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 79-100, January.
- Shamsud D. Chowdhury, 2001. "Institutional Ownership, Strategic Choices and Corporate Efficiency: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 271-292, March.
- Kazuyoshi Matsuura & Michael Pollitt & Ryoji Takada & Satoru Tanaka, 1999. "Institutional Restructuring in the Japanese Economy 1985-1996," Working Papers wp115, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2007. "Business Groups in Emerging Markets: Paragons or Parasites?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 45(2), pages 331-372, June.
- J McGuire & S Dow, 2003. "The persistence and implications of Japanese keiretsu organization," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 34(4), pages 374-388, July.
- Yoshikawa, Toru & Phan, Phillip H., 2003. "The Performance Implications of Ownership-driven Governance Reform," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 698-706, December.
- Tarun Khanna & Yishay Yafeh, 2005. "Business Groups and Risk Sharing around the World," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(1), pages 301-340, January.
- Yafeh, Yishay, 2000. "Corporate Governance in Japan: Past Performance and Future Prospects," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 74-84, Summer.
- Beck, Thorsten & Levine, Ross, 2002.
"Industry growth and capital allocation:*1: does having a market- or bank-based system matter?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 147-180, May.
- Thorsten Beck & Ross Levine, 2002. "Industry Growth and Capital Allocation: Does Having a Market- or Bank-Based System Matter?," NBER Working Papers 8982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prowse, Stephen D, 1992. " The Structure of Corporate Ownership in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1121-1140, July.
- Randall Morck & Masao Nakamura, 1999. "Banks and Corporate Control in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 319-339, February.
- Peng, Mike W. & Lee, Seung-Hyun & Tan, J. Justin, 2001. "The keiretsu in Asia: Implications for multilevel theories of competitive advantage," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 253-276.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brouthers, Lance Eliot & Gao, Yan & Napshin, Stuart, 2014. "Keiretsu centrality — profits and profit stability: A power dependence perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(12), pages 2603-2610.
More about this item
KeywordsHorizontal keiretsu ; Vertical keiretsu ; Economic change; Regulatory change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:asiapa:v:28:y:2011:i:2:p:299-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .