Maximum likelihood estimation of the double exponential jump-diffusion process
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- S. James Press, 1967. "A Compound Events Model for Security Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 40, pages 317-317.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2002.
"An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(3), pages 1239-1284, June.
- Torben G. Andersen & Luca Benzoni & Jesper Lund, 2001. "An Empirical Investigation of Continuous-Time Equity Return Models," NBER Working Papers 8510, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiefer, Nicholas M, 1978. "Discrete Parameter Variation: Efficient Estimation of a Switching Regression Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(2), pages 427-434, March.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carr, Peter & Wu, Liuren, 2004. "Time-changed Levy processes and option pricing," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 113-141, January.
- S. G. Kou & Hui Wang, 2004. "Option Pricing Under a Double Exponential Jump Diffusion Model," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 50(9), pages 1178-1192, September.
- Jackwerth, Jens Carsten & Rubinstein, Mark, 1996. " Recovering Probability Distributions from Option Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(5), pages 1611-1632, December.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Ronald Gallant, A. & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2003.
"Alternative models for stock price dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 225-257.
- Chernov, Mikhail & Gallant, A. Ronald & Ghysels, Eric & Tauchen, George, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamic," Working Papers 02-03, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Mikhail Chernov & A. Ronald Gallant & Eric Ghysels & George Tauchen, 2002. "Alternative Models for Stock Price Dynamics," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-58, CIRANO.
- Bates, David S., 2003. "Empirical option pricing: a retrospection," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 116(1-2), pages 387-404.
- Merton, Robert C, 1976. "The Impact on Option Pricing of Specification Error in the Underlying Stock Price Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(2), pages 333-350, May.
- Bjørn Eraker & Michael Johannes & Nicholas Polson, 2003. "The Impact of Jumps in Volatility and Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1269-1300, June.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2004.
"News Arrival, Jump Dynamics, and Volatility Components for Individual Stock Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(2), pages 755-793, April.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy, 2003. "News Arrival, Jump Dynamics and Volatility Components for Individual Stock Returns," CIRANO Working Papers 2003s-38, CIRANO.
- David S. Bates, 2003. "Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Latent Affine Processes," NBER Working Papers 9673, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1976.
"Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 125-144.
- Merton, Robert C., 1975. "Option pricing when underlying stock returns are discontinuous," Working papers 787-75., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- René Garcia & Eric Ghysels & Éric Renault, 2004. "The Econometrics of Option Pricing," CIRANO Working Papers 2004s-04, CIRANO.
- Mark Broadie & Yusaku Yamamoto, 2003. "Application of the Fast Gauss Transform to Option Pricing," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 49(8), pages 1071-1088, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Endres, Sylvia & Stübinger, Johannes, 2017. "Optimal trading strategies for Lévy-driven Ornstein-Uhlenbeck processes," FAU Discussion Papers in Economics 17/2017, Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg, Institute for Economics.
- Mi-Hsiu Chiang & Chang-Yi Li & Son-Nan Chen, 2016. "Pricing currency options under double exponential jump diffusion in a Markov-modulated HJM economy," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 46(3), pages 459-482, April.
- Buckley, Winston & Long, Hongwei & Marshall, Mario, 2016. "Numerical approximations of optimal portfolios in mispriced asymmetric Lévy markets," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 252(2), pages 676-686.
- Philippe Bertrand & Jean-Luc Prigent, 2015.
"On Path-Dependent Structured Funds: Complexity Does Not Always Pay (Asian versus Average Performance Funds),"
Presses universitaires de Grenoble, vol. 36(2), pages 67-105.
- Philippe Bertrand & Jean-luc Prigent, 2014. "On Path-Dependent Structured Funds: Complexity Does Not Always Pay (Asian versus Average Performance Funds)," Working Papers 2014-348, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Zhang, Li-Hua & Zhang, Wei-Guo & Xu, Wei-Jun & Xiao, Wei-Lin, 2012. "The double exponential jump diffusion model for pricing European options under fuzzy environments," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 780-786.
- José Figueroa-López, 2012. "Statistical estimation of Lévy-type stochastic volatility models," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 309-335, May.
- Bo, Lijun & Song, Renming & Tang, Dan & Wang, Yongjin & Yang, Xuewei, 2012. "Lévy risk model with two-sided jumps and a barrier dividend strategy," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 280-291.
- Wujiang Lou, 2016. "Repo Haircuts and Economic Capital," Papers 1604.05404, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2016.
- Maciej Kostrzewski, 2014. "Bayesian DEJD model and detection of asymmetric jumps," Papers 1404.2050, arXiv.org.
- Maciej Kostrzewski, 2015. "Bayesian DEJD Model and Detection of Asymmetry in Jump Sizes," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 7(1), pages 43-70, March.
- Lin, Shih-Kuei & Peng, Jin-Lung & Chao, Wei-Hsiung & Wu, An-Chi, 2016. "The extension from independence to dependence between jump frequency and jump size in Markov-modulated jump diffusion models," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 217-235.
- Orozco-Garcia, Carolina & Schmeiser, Hato, 2015. "How sensitive is the pricing of lookback and interest rate guarantees when changing the modelling assumptions?," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 77-93.
- JosÃ© Carlos Nogueira Cavalcante Filho & Edson Daniel Lopes GonÃ§alves, 2015. "Jump Diffusion Modelling for the Brazilian Short-Term Interest Rate," Brazilian Business Review, Fucape Business School, vol. 12(1), pages 80-103, January.
More about this item
KeywordsAsset price processes; Double exponential jump-diffusion; Pareto-beta jump diffusion; Leptokurtic distributions; Volatility smile-smirk; MLE; C32; C52; G12; G13;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C52 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Evaluation, Validation, and Selection
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:annfin:v:3:y:2007:i:4:p:487-507. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.