Prediction of Housing Location Price by a Multivariate Spatial Method: Cokriging
Cokriging is a multivariate spatial method to estimate spatial correlated variables. This method allows spatial estimations to be made and interpolated maps of house price to be created. These maps are interesting for appraisers, real estate companies, and bureaus because they provide an overview of location prices. Kriging uses one variable of interest (house price) to make estimates at unsampled locations, and cokriging uses the variable of interest and auxiliary correlated variables. In this paper, housing location price is estimated using kriging methods, isotopic data cokriging, and heterotopic data cokriging methods. The results of these methods are then compared.
Volume (Year): 29 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bradford Case & John Clapp & Robin Dubin & Mauricio Rodriguez, 2004. "Modeling Spatial and Temporal House Price Patterns: A Comparison of Four Models," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 167-191, 09.
- R. Kelley Pace & James P. LeSage, 2004.
"Spatial Statistics and Real Estate,"
The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics,
Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 147-148, 09.
- James P. LeSage & R. Kelley Pace, 2004. "Models for Spatially Dependent Missing Data," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 233-254, 09.
- Clapp, John M. & Rodriguez, Mauricio & Thrall, Grant, 1997. "How GIS Can Put Urban Economic Analysis on the Map," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 368-386, December.
- Gatzlaff, Dean H & Haurin, Donald R, 1997. "Sample Selection Bias and Repeat-Sales Index Estimates," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 33-50, Jan.-Marc.
- John M. Clapp & Hyon-Jung Kim & Alan E. Gelfand, 2002. "Predicting Spatial Patterns of House Prices Using LPR and Bayesian Smoothing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 505-532.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:29:n:1:2007:p:95-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.