A Spatial Autoregressive Specification with a Comparable Sales Weighting Scheme
This research incorporates a Spatial Autoregressive Variable with Similarity components (SARS) within a traditional hedonic model. The behavior of economic agents and the spatial dependence price structure are linked to the real estate appraisal paradigm. The SARS variableâ€™s similarity components generate anisotropies that deform concentric circles of spatial dependence so as to designate the influence exerted by â€˜â€˜comparables.â€™â€™ The incorporation of similarity components improves the predictive capacity and reduces the spatial dependence among residuals in the SAR model. The research determines for the Montreal Urban Community the underlying distance parameters of spatial dependence as well as anisotropic factors specific to price interdependence for two single-family house archetypes: the condominium and the individual house.
Volume (Year): 24 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pace, R Kelley & Gilley, Otis W, 1997. "Using the Spatial Configuration of the Data to Improve Estimation," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 333-40, May.
- Basu, Sabyasachi & Thibodeau, Thomas G, 1998. "Analysis of Spatial Autocorrelation in House Prices," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 61-85, July.
- Can, Ayse & Megbolugbe, Isaac, 1997. "Spatial Dependence and House Price Index Construction," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 14(1-2), pages 203-22, Jan.-Marc.
- Anas, Alex & Eum, Sung Jick, 1984. "Hedonic analysis of a housing market in disequilibrium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 87-106, January.
- Mauricio Rodriguez & C.F. Sirmans & Allen P. Marks, 1995. "Using Geographic Information Systems to Improve Real Estate Analysis," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(2), pages 163-174.
- Pace, R Kelley, et al, 1998. "Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Models of Neighborhood Effects," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 15-33, July.
- Anselin, Luc & Hudak, Sheri, 1992. "Spatial econometrics in practice : A review of software options," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 509-536, September.
- Clapp, John M & Rodriguez, Mauricio, 1999. "Erratum: Spatiotemporal Autoregressive Models of Neighborhood Effects," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 85, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:24:n:2:2002:p:193-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.