Regional Consumer Price Differences Within Germany: Information Demand, Data Supply and the Role of the Consumer Price Index
Every month the Consumer Price Index for Germany (CPI) provides comprehensive and detailed information regarding the price development over time. However, when differences in the price level across regions in Germany have to be analysed at a given point in time, sufficient information is not available at present.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 230 (2010)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jan Goebel & Joachim R. Frick & Markus M. Grabka, 2009. "Preisunterschiede mildern Einkommensgefälle zwischen West und Ost," DIW Wochenbericht, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 76(51/52), pages 888-894.
- Krugman, Paul, 1998. "What's New about the New Economic Geography?," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 7-17, Summer.
- Takatoshi Tabuchi & Jacques-François Thisse, 2006.
"Regional Specialization, Urban Hierarchy, And Commuting Costs,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 47(4), pages 1295-1317, November.
- TABUCHI, Takahoshi & THISSE, Jacques-François, "undated". "Regional specialization, urban hierarchy, and commuting costs," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1967, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Takatoshi Tabuchi & Jacques-Francois Thisse, 2003. "Regional Specialization, Urban Hierarchy, and Commuting Costs," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-223, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Takatoshi Tabuchi & Jacques-François Thisse, 2006. "Regional specialization, urban hierarchy, and commuting costs," Post-Print halshs-00754121, HAL.
- TABUCHI, Takatoshi & THISSE, Jacques-François, 2003. "Regional specialization, urban hierarchy, and commuting costs," CORE Discussion Papers 2003060, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Uwe Blien & Hermann Gartner & Heiko Stüber & Katja Wolf, 2009. "Regional price levels and the agglomeration wage differential in western Germany," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 71-88, March.
- Krugman, Paul, 1991. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 99(3), pages 483-499, June.
- Paul Krugman, 1990. "Increasing Returns and Economic Geography," NBER Working Papers 3275, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Roos, 2006. "Regional price levels in Germany," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(13), pages 1553-1566.
- Michael W.M. Roos, 2003. "Regional price levels in Germany," ERSA conference papers ersa03p511, European Regional Science Association.
- Jens Südekum, 2009. "Regional costs-of-living with congestion and amenity differences: an economic geography perspective," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 43(1), pages 49-69, March.
- Robert A. Pollak, 1998. "The Consumer Price Index: A Research Agenda and Three Proposals," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 69-78, Winter.
- Reinhold Kosfeld & Hans-Friedrich Eckey & Matthias Türck, 2008. "New economic geography and regional price level," Review of Regional Research: Jahrbuch für Regionalwissenschaft, Springer;Gesellschaft für Regionalforschung (GfR), vol. 28(1), pages 43-60, February.
- Dreger Christian & Kosfeld Reinhold, 2010. "Do Regional Price Levels Converge?," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 230(3), pages 274-286, June. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:230:y:2010:i:6:p:814-831. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.