Purchasing Power Parity and the Fractional Integration of the Real Exchange Rate: New Evidence for Less Developed Countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sowell, Fallaw, 1992. "Maximum likelihood estimation of stationary univariate fractionally integrated time series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 165-188.
- Denisard Alves & Regina Celia Cati & Vera Lucia Fava, 2001. "Purchasing power parity in Brazil: a test for fractional cointegration," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(9), pages 1175-1185.
- Banerjee, Anindya & Dolado, Juan J. & Galbraith, John W. & Hendry, David, 1993. "Co-integration, Error Correction, and the Econometric Analysis of Non-Stationary Data," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198288107.
- Crownover, Collin & Pippenger, John & Steigerwald, Douglas G., 1996. "Testing for absolute purchasing power parity," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 783-796, October.
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B., 1996. "The exchange rate in a model of pricing-to-market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1007-1021, April.
- Holmes, Mark J., 2001. "New Evidence on Real Exchange Rate Stationarity and Purchasing Power Parity in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 601-614, October.
- Schwert, G William, 2002.
"Tests for Unit Roots: A Monte Carlo Investigation,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 5-17, January.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 2017.
"Pricing-to-Market, Staggered Contracts, and Real Exchange Rate Persistence,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: International Macroeconomic Interdependence, chapter 6, pages 155-185
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Bergin, Paul R. & Feenstra, Robert C., 2001. "Pricing-to-market, staggered contracts, and real exchange rate persistence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 333-359, August.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Pricing To Market, Staggered Contracts, And Real Exchange Rate Persistence," Department of Economics 99-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra & Paul Bergin, 2003. "Pricing To Market, Staggered Contracts, And Real Exchange Rate Persistence," Working Papers 991, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Paul R. Bergin & Robert C. Feenstra, 1999. "Pricing to Market, Staggered Contracts, and Real Exchange Rate Persistence," NBER Working Papers 7026, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Khan, Hashmat, 2001. "Price stickiness, inflation, and persistence in real exchange rate fluctuations: cross-country results," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 247-253, May.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Lai, Kon S, 1993. "A Fractional Cointegration Analysis of Purchasing Power Parity," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 11(1), pages 103-112, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guneratne B Wickremasinghe, 2004.
"Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in Developing Economies: Some Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka,"
Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings
236, Econometric Society.
- Guneratne Banda Wickremasinghe, 2004. "Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in Developing Economies:Some Empirical Evidence from Sri Lanka," International Finance 0406005, EconWPA.
- Néstor A. Le Clech, 2006. "Ajuste de los fundamentos del modelo monetario en la determinación del tipo de cambio argentino," Revista de Economía y Estadística, Universidad Nacional de Córdoba, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Instituto de Economía y Finanzas, vol. 0(2), pages 59-79, July.
- Ivan Paya & David Peel, 2005.
"The process followed by PPP data. On the properties of linearity tests,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(21), pages 2515-2522.
- Ivan Paya & David A. Peel, 2005. "The Process Followed By Ppp Data. On The Properties Of Linearity Tests," Working Papers. Serie AD 2005-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & You, Kefei, 2018.
"Exchange rate linkages between the ASEAN currencies, the US dollar and the Chinese RMB,"
Research in International Business and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 227-238.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Kefei You, 2016. "Exchange Rate Linkages between the ASEAN Currencies, the US Dollar and the Chinese RMB," CESifo Working Paper Series 5995, CESifo Group Munich.
- Caporale, Guglielmo Maria & Gil-Alana, Luis A. & You, Kefei, 2016. "Exhange rate linkages between the Asean currencies, the US dollar and the Chinese RMB," Research Discussion Papers 20/2016, Bank of Finland.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Luis A. Gil-Alana & Kefei You, 2016. "Exchange Rate Linkages between the ASEAN Currencies, the US Dollar and the Chinese RMB," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1590, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Narayan Paresh K & Prasad Biman Chand, 2005. "The Validity of Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis for Eleven Middle Eastern Countries," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 44-58, August.
- Aloy, Marcel & Boutahar, Mohamed & Gente, Karine & Péguin-Feissolle, Anne, 2011.
"Purchasing power parity and the long memory properties of real exchange rates: Does one size fit all?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 1279-1290, May.
- Marcel Aloy & Mohamed Boutahar & Karine Gente & Anne Peguin-Feissolle, 2011. "Purchasing power parity and the long memory properties of real exchange rates: does one size fit all?," Working Papers halshs-00559170, HAL.
- Marcos José Dal Bianco, 2008. "Argentinean real exchange rate 1900-2006, test purchasing power parity theory," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 35(1 Year 20), pages 33-64, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:27:y:2002:i:1:p:125-135. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.