Purchasing power parity based on effective exchange rate and cointegration: 25 LDCs' experience with its absolute formulation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Atkinson, L. Jay & Blaich, Oswald P., 1983. "Venezuela: A Prospective Market for Grain and Livestock Products," Foreign Agricultural Economic Report (FAER) 147215, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- John M. Brewster, 1950. "The Machine Process in Agriculture and Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 32(1), pages 69-81.
- Coase, R H, 1992.
"The Institutional Structure of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 713-719.
- Ruttan, Vernon W., 1988. "Scale, Size, Technology And Structure: A Personal Perspective," Staff Papers 13832, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1995.
"Power, distortions, revolt and reform in agricultural land relations,"
Handbook of Development Economics,in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 42, pages 2659-2772
- Binswanger, Hans P. & Deininger, Klaus & Feder, Gershon, 1993. "Power, distortions, revolt, and reform in agricultural land relations," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1164, The World Bank.
- Kislev, Yoav & Peterson, Willis L., 1991. "Economies Of Scale In Agriculture: A Reexamination Of The Evidence," Staff Papers 13652, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Putterman, Louis, 1983. "A modified collective agriculture in rural growth-with-equity: Reconsidering the private, unimodal solution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 77-100, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Shehu Usman Rano, Aliyu, 2007.
"Real Exchange Rate Misalignment: An Application of Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate (BEER) to Nigeria,"
10376, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shehu Usman Rano, Aliyu, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Misalignment: An Application of Behavioral Equilibrium Exchange Rate (BEER) to Nigeria," MPRA Paper 10343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chinn, Menzie D., 2000.
"Before the fall: were East Asian currencies overvalued?,"
Emerging Markets Review,
Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 101-126, September.
- Menzie D. Chinn, 1998. "Before the Fall: Were East Asian Currencies Overvalued?," NBER Working Papers 6491, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- HOLMES, Mark J, 2008. "Non-Linear Trend Stationarity And Co-Trending In Latin American Real Exchange Rates," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(1), pages 107-118.
- Kargbo, Joseph M., 2003. "Cointegration Tests of Purchasing Power Parity in Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(10), pages 1673-1685, October.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Liew, Venus Khim-Sen & Chowdhury, Ibrahim, 2010. "Asymmetry dynamics in real exchange rates: New results on East Asian currencies," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 648-661, October.
- Holmes, M, 2004. "Nominal Exchange Rates Adjustment and Long-Run Competitiveness in Less Developed Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 4(3).
- Chan, Tze-Haw & Chong, Lee Lee & Khong, Wye Leong Roy, 2008. "Real Exchange Rate Behavior: New Evidence with Linear and Non-linear Endogenous Break(s)," MPRA Paper 3406, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Holmes, Mark J., 2001. "New Evidence on Real Exchange Rate Stationarity and Purchasing Power Parity in Less Developed Countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 601-614, October.
- Shidong Zhang & Thomas Lowinger, 2006. "An empirical test of purchasing power parity in selected developing countries: a panel data approach," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 79-86.
- Genius, Margarita & Tzouvelekas, Vangelis, 2008. "The Balassa-Samuelson Productivity Bias Hypothesis: Further Evidence Using Panel Data," Agricultural Economics Review, Greek Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 9(2), June.
- Mark J.Holmes, 2002. "Are there non linearities in US: Latin American real exchange behavior," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(2 Year 20), pages 177-190, December.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Raj Aggarwal & Chan Tze Haw, 2007.
"East Asian Real Exchange Rates and PPP: New Evidence from Panel-data Tests,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(2), pages 103-119.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Aggarwal, Raj & Chan, Tze-Haw, 2005. "East Asian Real Exchange Rates and PPP: New Evidence from panel-data tests," MPRA Paper 2023, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2007.
- David Barlow & Roxana Radulescu, 2002. "Purchasing Power Parity in the Transition: The Case of the Romanian Leu Against the Dollar," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(1), pages 123-135.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Ali Kutan & Su Zhou, 2009. "Towards solving the PPP puzzle: evidence from 113 countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(24), pages 3057-3066.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Chan, Tze-Haw & Aggarwal, Raj, 2006. "The Changing Dynamics of the East Asian Real Exchange Rates after the Financial Crisis: Further Evidence on Mean Reversion," MPRA Paper 6090, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 22 Nov 2007.
- Månsson, Kristofer & Sjölander, Pär, 2014. "Testing for nonlinear panel unit roots under cross-sectional dependency — With an application to the PPP hypothesis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 121-132.
- Arize, Augustine C., 2011. "Purchasing power parity in LDCs: An empirical investigation," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 56-71.
- Marcos José Dal Bianco, 2008. "Argentinean real exchange rate 1900-2006, test purchasing power parity theory," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 35(1 Year 20), pages 33-64, June.
- Venus Khim-Sen Liew, 2004. "Nonlinear Adjustment of ASEAN-5 Real Exchange Rates: Symmetrical or Asymmetrical?," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 6(8), pages 1-19.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Chan Tze-Haw & Stilianos Fountas, 2007.
"Re-examining purchasing power parity for East-Asian currencies: 1976-2002,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(1), pages 75-85.
- Barumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Chan, Tze-Haw & Fountas, Stilianos, 2004. "Re-examining Purchasing Power Parity for East-Asian Currencies: 1976-2002," MPRA Paper 2025, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Omid Ranjbar, 2016. "Quantile unit root test and PPP: evidence from 23 OECD countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(31), pages 2899-2911, July.
- Narayan Paresh K & Prasad Biman Chand, 2005. "The Validity of Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis for Eleven Middle Eastern Countries," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 44-58, August.
- Mark Holmes & Ping Wang, 2006. "Asymmetric adjustment towards long-run PPP: Some new evidence for Asian economies," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 161-177.
- Mahbub Morshed, A. K. M., 2003. "What can we learn from a large border effect in developing countries?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 353-369, October.
- Zahra (Mila) Elmi & Omid Ranjbar, 2010. "Purchasing Power Parity Hypothesis in OIC Countries: Evidence from Panel Unit Root Tests with Heterogeneous Structural Breaks," Iranian Economic Review, Economics faculty of Tehran university, vol. 15(3), pages 1-12, fall.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:21:y:1993:i:6:p:1023-1031. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .