Folk Customs and Home Improvement Decisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- A. L. Ziegert, 1988. "The Demand for Housing Additions: An Empirical Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 479-496, December.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Saiz, Albert, 2004. "Reinvestment in the housing stock: the role of construction costs and the supply side," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 238-256, March.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 2006.
"Using Home Maintenance and Repairs to Smooth Variable Earnings,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 736-747, November.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 2003. "Using home maintenance and repairs to smooth variable earnings," Staff Reports 168, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Potepan, Michael J., 1989. "Interest rates, income, and home improvement decisions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 282-294, May.
- Evgeny A. Antipov & Elena B. Pokryshevskaya, 2015. "Are buyers of apartments superstitious? Evidence from the Russian real estate market," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 10(6), pages 590-592, November.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration (RANEPA), vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Steven C. Bourassa & Vincent S. Peng, 1999. "Hedonic Prices and House Numbers: The Influence of Feng Shui," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 79-93.
- Nicole M. Fortin & Andrew J. Hill & Jeff Huang, 2014. "Superstition In The Housing Market," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 52(3), pages 974-993, July.
- Shum, Matthew & Sun, Wei & Ye, Guangliang, 2014. "Superstition and “lucky” apartments: Evidence from transaction-level data," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 109-117.
- Thomas P. Boehm & Keith R. Ihlanfeldt, 1986. "The Improvement Expenditures of Urban Homeowners: An Empirical Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 14(1), pages 48-60, March.
- Bogdon, Amy S., 1996. "Homeowner Renovation and Repair: The Decision to Hire Someone Else to Do the Project," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 323-350, December.
- Chinloy, Peter, 1980. "The effect of maintenance expenditures on the measurement of depreciation in housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 86-107, July.
- Reschovsky, James D, 1992. "An Empirical Investigation into Homeowner Demand for Home Upkeep and Improvement," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 55-71, March.
- Mendelsohn, Robert, 1977. "Empirical evidence on home improvements," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 459-468, October.
- Montgomery, Claire, 1992. "Explaining home improvement in the context of household investment in residential housing," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 326-350, November.
- Kermit Baker & Bulbul Kaul, 2002. "Using Multiperiod Variables in the Analysis of Home Improvement Decisions by Homeowners," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 551-566.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sharma, Vanika & Haque, Mohammed H. & Aziz, Syed Mahfuzul, 2019. "Energy cost minimization for net zero energy homes through optimal sizing of battery storage system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 278-286.
More about this item
KeywordsFolk Customs; Home Improvement and Maintenance; Heckman Two-stage Model;
- L85 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Real Estate Services
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:21:n:03:2018:p:317-341. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster). General contact details of provider: https://www.gssinst.org/gssinst/index.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.