Factors Affecting Real Estate Broker Selection: What Really Counts?
This paper explores agent sales presentations in the real estate property listing process using structural equation modeling. Data were collected from both vendors and agents to identify important agent attributes in both successful and unsuccessful presentation attempts. The research found that agents consider really hearing the vendor, getting along with the vendor and getting to know the vendor as key elements of a listing attempt, whilst vendors suggest the path to listing is through negotiation, that some level of negotiation must take place. Research should now examine the influence of time in this critical listing process step with reference to both agent and vendor perspectives using metrics other than perceptions of vendor satisfaction.
Volume (Year): 10 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.asres.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Asian Real Estate Society, 51 Monroe Street, Plaza E-6, Rockville, MD 20850, USA|
Web: http://www.asres.org/ Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marsha L. Richins & William C. Black & C.F. Sirmans, 1987. "Strategic Orientation and Marketing Strategy: An Analysis of Residential Real Estate Brokerage Firms," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 2(2), pages 41-54.
- Dahlstrom, Robert & Ingram, Rhea, 2003. "Social networks and the adverse selection problem in agency relationships," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 767-775, September.
- Spekman, Robert E., 1988. "Strategic supplier selection: Understanding long-term buyer relationships," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 75-81.
- James E. Larsen, 1991. "Leading Residential Real Estate Sales Agents and Market Performance," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 6(2), pages 241-249.
- Abdullah Yavas & Peter F. Colwell, 1995. "A Comparison of Real Estate Marketing Systems: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(5), pages 583-600.
- John D. Benjamin & Peter T. Chinloy, 2000. "Pricing, Exposure and Residential Listing Strategies," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 20(1), pages 62-74.
- Nooteboom, Bart, 1995. "Trust, opportunism and governance," Research Report 95B34, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- J. E. Stiglitz, 1999. "Introduction," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 28(3), pages 249-254, November.
- Kennan, John, 2001.
"Repeated Bargaining with Persistent Private Information,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 719-55, October.
- Joyce M. Johnson & Hugh O. Nourse & Ellen Day, 1988. "Factors Related to the Selection of a Real Estate Agency or Agent," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 109-118.
- N. Sheth, Jagdish & Parvatiyar, Atul, 1995. "Relationship marketing," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 391-396.
- Gary S. Moore & Gerald E. Smolen & Lawrence V. Conway, 1992. "The Effects of an Informational Disclosure Form on the Real Estate Agency Representational Model," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 7(2), pages 217-226.
- Daniel McFadden, 1976. "A Comment on Discriminant Analysis "Versus" Logit Analysis," NBER Chapters, in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 511-523 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward A. Baryla & Leonard V. Zumpano, 1995. "Buyer Search Duration in the Residential Real Estate Market: The Role of the Real Estate Agent," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 10(1), pages 1-14.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ire:issued:v:10:n:01:2007:p:1-25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (IRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.