Leading Residential Real Estate Sales Agents and Market Performance
This paper reports the results of an empirical study conducted to determine whether leading residential real estate agents, as a group, follow various pricing and/or selling strategies that may enhance the amount of commissions generated. The results indicate that some of the success enjoyed by leading agents is attributable to the fact that they deal in higher value properties compared to other agents. However, controlling for differences in property characteristics and other factors, no other significant strategic differences are discovered between leading agents and others.
Volume (Year): 6 (1991)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: American Real Estate Society Clemson University School of Business & Behavioral Science Department of Finance 401 Sirrine Hall Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web page: http://www.aresnet.org/
|Order Information:|| Postal: Diane Quarles American Real Estate Society Manager of Member Services Clemson University Box 341323 Clemson, SC 29634-1323|
Web: http://pages.jh.edu/jrer/about/get.htm Email:
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- James R. Follain & Terry Lutes & David A. Meier, 1987. "Why Do Some Real Estate Salespeople Earn More Than Others?," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 2(1), pages 73-81.
- Michael Glower & Patric H. Hendershott, 1988. "The Determinants of REALTOR Income," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 53-68.
- Glenn E. Crellin & James R. Frew & G. Donald Jud, 1988. "The Earnings of REALTORS: Some Empirical Evidence," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 69-78.
- Donald Haurin, 1988. "The Duration of Marketing Time of Residential Housing," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 396-410.
- Joyce M. Johnson & Hugh O. Nourse & Ellen Day, 1988. "Factors Related to the Selection of a Real Estate Agency or Agent," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 3(2), pages 109-118.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jre:issued:v:6:n:2:1991:p:241-249. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (JRER Graduate Assistant/Webmaster)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.