Impact Of Financial Crises On Pakistan And China: A Comparative Study Of Six Decades
This work is intended to find out the impact of Financial Crises on Pakistan and China and to conclude that which country faced more external financial blows in its history of more than sixty years. We have taken into consideration the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rates of both nations and Chow Break Point testing is applied individually for tracing whether the years of global and international financial crises appear in the economy or not. The results of our analysis obtained from EViews illustrate that China was smacked by the external financial crises more than Pakistan.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2011. "In Search Of A Stable Narrow Money-Demand Function For Indonesia, 1970–2007," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 56(01), pages 61-77.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2005. "Serial Default and Its Remedies," MPRA Paper 7423, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahmood Hasan Khan, 2002. "When is Economic Growth Pro-Poor? Experiences in Malaysia and Pakistan," IMF Working Papers 02/85, International Monetary Fund.
- Chow, Gregory C. & Wang, Peng, 2010. "The empirics of inflation in China," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 109(1), pages 28-30, October.
- Faiz.M.Shaikh & Nazeer Ahmed Gopang, 2009. "Financial Crisis In South Asia And Its Impact On Poverty In Pakistan, A Case Study Of Sindh By Using Cge-Model," Journal of Academic Research in Economics, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 1(2 (Octobe), pages 195-208.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:grg:01biss:v:3:y:2011:i:1:p:174-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (editor)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.