Can There be Water Scarcity with Abundance of Water? Analyzing Water Stress during a Severe Drought in Finland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lai, Tin-Yu & Salminen, Jani & Jäppinen, Jukka-Pekka & Koljonen, Saija & Mononen, Laura & Nieminen, Emmi & Vihervaara, Petteri & Oinonen, Soile, 2018. "Bridging the gap between ecosystem service indicators and ecosystem accounting in Finland," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 377(C), pages 51-65.
- Bazilian, Morgan & Rogner, Holger & Howells, Mark & Hermann, Sebastian & Arent, Douglas & Gielen, Dolf & Steduto, Pasquale & Mueller, Alexander & Komor, Paul & Tol, Richard S.J. & Yumkella, Kandeh K., 2011. "Considering the energy, water and food nexus: Towards an integrated modelling approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(12), pages 7896-7906.
- Mehta, Lyla, 2001. "The Manufacture of Popular Perceptions of Scarcity: Dams and Water-Related Narratives in Gujarat, India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 2025-2041, December.
- Noora Veijalainen & Tanja Dubrovin & Mika Marttunen & Bertel Vehviläinen, 2010. "Climate Change Impacts on Water Resources and Lake Regulation in the Vuoksi Watershed in Finland," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 24(13), pages 3437-3459, October.
- Rijsberman, Frank R., 2006. "Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 5-22, February.
- Rey, D. & Holman, I.P. & Daccache, A. & Morris, J. & Weatherhead, E.K. & Knox, J.W., 2016. "Modelling and mapping the economic value of supplemental irrigation in a humid climate," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 173(C), pages 13-22.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marko Keskinen & Suvi Sojamo & Olli Varis, 2019. "Enhancing Security, Sustainability and Resilience in Energy, Food and Water," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-1, December.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Woodhouse, P. & Muller, M., 2017. "Water Governance—An Historical Perspective on Current Debates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 225-241.
- Dubreuil, Aurelie & Assoumou, Edi & Bouckaert, Stephanie & Selosse, Sandrine & Maı¨zi, Nadia, 2013. "Water modeling in an energy optimization framework – The water-scarce middle east context," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 268-279.
- David Font Vivanco & Ranran Wang & Edgar Hertwich, 2018. "Nexus Strength: A Novel Metric for Assessing the Global Resource Nexus," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 22(6), pages 1473-1486, December.
- Andrew Chapman & Timothy Fraser & Melanie Dennis, 2019. "Investigating Ties between Energy Policy and Social Equity Research: A Citation Network Analysis," Social Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(5), pages 1-18, April.
- Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J., 2008. "Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 11-24, January.
- Antonio J. Castro & Cristina Quintas-Soriano & Jodi Brandt & Carla L. Atkinson & Colden V. Baxter & Morey Burnham & Benis N. Egoh & Marina García-Llorente & Jason P. Julian & Berta Martín-López & Feli, 2018. "Applying Place-Based Social-Ecological Research to Address Water Scarcity: Insights for Future Research," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-13, May.
- Govindan, Rajesh & Al-Ansari, Tareq, 2019. "Computational decision framework for enhancing resilience of the energy, water and food nexus in risky environments," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 653-668.
- Ingrid Boas & Frank Biermann & Norichika Kanie, 2016. "Cross-sectoral strategies in global sustainability governance: towards a nexus approach," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 449-464, June.
- Dai, Jiangyu & Wu, Shiqiang & Han, Guoyi & Weinberg, Josh & Xie, Xinghua & Wu, Xiufeng & Song, Xingqiang & Jia, Benyou & Xue, Wanyun & Yang, Qianqian, 2018. "Water-energy nexus: A review of methods and tools for macro-assessment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 393-408.
- Amaducci, Stefano & Yin, Xinyou & Colauzzi, Michele, 2018. "Agrivoltaic systems to optimise land use for electric energy production," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 220(C), pages 545-561.
- White, David J. & Hubacek, Klaus & Feng, Kuishuang & Sun, Laixiang & Meng, Bo, 2018. "The Water-Energy-Food Nexus in East Asia: A tele-connected value chain analysis using inter-regional input-output analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 210(C), pages 550-567.
- Gong, Feng & Wang, Wenbin & Li, Hao & Xia, Dawei (David) & Dai, Qingwen & Wu, Xinlin & Wang, Mingzhou & Li, Jian & Papavassiliou, Dimitrios V. & Xiao, Rui, 2020. "Solid waste and graphite derived solar steam generator for highly-efficient and cost-effective water purification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
- Mercure, J.-F. & Paim, M.A. & Bocquillon, P. & Lindner, S. & Salas, P. & Martinelli, P. & Berchin, I.I. & de Andrade Guerra, J.B.S.O & Derani, C. & de Albuquerque Junior, C.L. & Ribeiro, J.M.P. & Knob, 2019. "System complexity and policy integration challenges: The Brazilian Energy- Water-Food Nexus," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 230-243.
- Enrica De Cian & Ian Sue Wing, 2016.
"Global Energy Demand in a Warming Climate,"
2016.16, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- De Cian, Enrica & Wing, Ian Sue, 2016. "Global Energy Demand in a Warming Climate," EIA: Climate Change: Economic Impacts and Adaptation 232222, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Lijuan Du & Li Xu & Yanping Li & Changshun Liu & Zhenhua Li & Jefferson S. Wong & Bo Lei, 2019. "China’s Agricultural Irrigation and Water Conservancy Projects: A Policy Synthesis and Discussion of Emerging Issues," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(24), pages 1-1, December.
- Chen, Zi-yue & Huang, Zhen-hai & Nie, Pu-yan, 2018. "Industrial characteristics and consumption efficiency from a nexus perspective – Based on Anhui’s Empirical Statistics," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 281-290.
- Huber, Amelie & Joshi, Deepa, 2015. "Hydropower, Anti-Politics, and the Opening of New Political Spaces in the Eastern Himalayas," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 13-25.
- Simpson, Gareth & Jewitt, Graham & Becker, William & Badenhorst, Jessica & Neves, Ana & Rovira, Pere & Pascual, Victor, 2020. "The Water-Energy-Food Nexus Index: A Tool for Integrated Resource Management and Sustainable Development," OSF Preprints tdhw5, Center for Open Science.
- Pitak Ngammuangtueng & Napat Jakrawatana & Pariyapat Nilsalab & Shabbir H. Gheewala, 2019. "Water, Energy and Food Nexus in Rice Production in Thailand," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-21, October.
- Juliana Segura-Salazar & Luís Marcelo Tavares, 2018. "Sustainability in the Minerals Industry: Seeking a Consensus on Its Meaning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-38, May.
More about this item
Keywordswater depletion index; global water models; consumptive water use; water stress; water security; water scarcity; Finland;
All these keywords.
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:6:p:1548-:d:213797. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.