Applying Place-Based Social-Ecological Research to Address Water Scarcity: Insights for Future Research
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karabulut, ArmaÄŸan & Egoh, Benis N. & Lanzanova, Denis & Grizzetti, Bruna & Bidoglio, Giovanni & Pagliero, Liliana & Bouraoui, FayÃ§al & Aloe, Alberto & Reynaud, Arnaud & Maes, Joachim & Vandecasteel, 2016. "Mapping water provisioning services to support the ecosystemâ€“waterâ€“foodâ€“energy nexus in the Danube river basin," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 17(C), pages 278-292.
- Mayumi, Kozo & Giampietro, Mario, 2006. "The epistemological challenge of self-modifying systems: Governance and sustainability in the post-normal science era," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(3), pages 382-399, May.
- Marina García-Llorente & Cristiano M. Rossignoli & Francesco Di Iacovo & Roberta Moruzzo, 2016. "Social Farming in the Promotion of Social-Ecological Sustainability in Rural and Periurban Areas," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 8(12), pages 1-15, November.
- Turkelboom, Francis & Leone, Michael & Jacobs, Sander & Kelemen, Eszter & GarcÃa-Llorente, Marina & BarÃ³, Francesc & Termansen, Mette & Barton, David N. & Berry, Pam & Stange, Erik & Thoonen, Marijk, 2018. "When we cannot have it all: Ecosystem services trade-offs in the context of spatial planning," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 29(PC), pages 566-578.
- Rijsberman, Frank R., 2006. "Water scarcity: Fact or fiction?," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 80(1-3), pages 5-22, February.
- Dedeurwaerdere, Tom, 2005. "From bioprospecting to reflexive governance," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(4), pages 473-491, June.
- Allyson Beall & Fritz Fiedler & Jan Boll & Barbara Cosens, 2011. "Sustainable Water Resource Management and Participatory System Dynamics. Case Study : Developing the Palouse Basin Participatory Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(5), pages 1-23, April.
- Thompson, Mary Anne & Owen, Susan & Lindsay, Jan M. & Leonard, Graham S. & Cronin, Shane J., 2017. "Scientist and stakeholder perspectives of transdisciplinary research: Early attitudes, expectations, and tensions," Environmental Science & Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 30-39.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Narducci, Jenna & Quintas-Soriano, Cristina & Castro, Antonio & Som-Castellano, Rebecca & Brandt, Jodi S., 2019. "Implications of urban growth and farmland loss for ecosystem services in the western United States," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-11.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Lauri Ahopelto & Noora Veijalainen & Joseph H. A. Guillaume & Marko Keskinen & Mika Marttunen & Olli Varis, 2019. "Can There be Water Scarcity with Abundance of Water? Analyzing Water Stress during a Severe Drought in Finland," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(6), pages 1-18, March.
- Immerzeel, W.W. & Gaur, A. & Zwart, S.J., 2008. "Integrating remote sensing and a process-based hydrological model to evaluate water use and productivity in a south Indian catchment," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 11-24, January.
- Liang Liu & Cong Feng & Hongwei Zhang & Xuehua Zhang, 2015. "Game Analysis and Simulation of the River Basin Sustainable Development Strategy Integrating Water Emission Trading," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(5), pages 1-21, April.
- Peña-Alonso, Carolina & Ariza, Eduard & Hernández-Calvento, Luis & Pérez-Chacón, Emma, 2018. "Exploring multi-dimensional recreational quality of beach socio-ecological systems in the Canary Islands (Spain)," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 303-313.
- Montoya, Daniel & Gaba, Sabrina & de Mazancourt, Claire & Bretagnolle, Vincent & Loreau, Michel, 2020. "Reconciling biodiversity conservation, food production and farmers’ demand in agricultural landscapes," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 416(C).
- Gong, Feng & Wang, Wenbin & Li, Hao & Xia, Dawei (David) & Dai, Qingwen & Wu, Xinlin & Wang, Mingzhou & Li, Jian & Papavassiliou, Dimitrios V. & Xiao, Rui, 2020. "Solid waste and graphite derived solar steam generator for highly-efficient and cost-effective water purification," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 261(C).
- Blackstock, K.L. & Kelly, G.J. & Horsey, B.L., 2007. "Developing and applying a framework to evaluate participatory research for sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 726-742, February.
- Frame, Bob & Brown, Judy, 2008. "Developing post-normal technologies for sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 225-241, April.
- Agudelo, César Augusto Ruiz & Bustos, Sandra Liliana Hurtado & Moreno, Carmen Alicia Parrado, 2020. "Modeling interactions among multiple ecosystem services. A critical review," Ecological Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 429(C).
- Hatem Jemmali & Mohamed Salah Matoussi, 2012. "A Multidimensional Analysis of Water Poverty at A Local Scale- Application of Improved Water Poverty Index for Tunisia," Working Papers 730, Economic Research Forum, revised 2012.
- Liang, Kaiming & Zhong, Xuhua & Huang, Nongrong & Lampayan, Rubenito M. & Pan, Junfeng & Tian, Ka & Liu, Yanzhuo, 2016. "Grain yield, water productivity and CH4 emission of irrigated rice in response to water management in south China," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 319-331.
- Farrell, Katharine N., 2011. "Framing the Valuation of Ecosystem Services: A Theoretical Discussion of the Challenges and Opportunities Associated with Articulating Values that Reflect the Economic Contributions of Ecological Phen," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114362, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hui Wang & Dave Bracciano & Tirusew Asefa, 0. "Evaluation of Water Saving Potential for Short-Term Water Demand Management," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 0, pages 1-14.
- Nicholas A Cradock-Henry & Joanna Fountain & Franca Buelow, 2018. "Transformations for Resilient Rural Futures: The Case of Kaikōura, Aotearoa-New Zealand," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-19, June.
- Alberto, Ma. Carmelita R. & Quilty, James R. & Buresh, Roland J. & Wassmann, Reiner & Haidar, Sam & Correa, Teodoro Q. & Sandro, Joseph M., 2014. "Actual evapotranspiration and dual crop coefficients for dry-seeded rice and hybrid maize grown with overhead sprinkler irrigation," Agricultural Water Management, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 1-12.
- Paola Gullino & Luca Battisti & Federica Larcher, 2018. "Linking Multifunctionality and Sustainability for Valuing Peri-Urban Farming: A Case Study in the Turin Metropolitan Area (Italy)," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-18, May.
- Okadera, Tomohiro & Geng, Yong & Fujita, Tsuyoshi & Dong, Huijuan & Liu, Zhu & Yoshida, Noboru & Kanazawa, Takaaki, 2015. "Evaluating the water footprint of the energy supply of Liaoning Province, China: A regional input–output analysis approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 148-157.
- Chuang-lin Fang & Chao Bao & Jin-chuan Huang, 2007. "Management Implications to Water Resources Constraint Force on Socio-economic System in Rapid Urbanization: A Case Study of the Hexi Corridor, NW China," Water Resources Management: An International Journal, Published for the European Water Resources Association (EWRA), Springer;European Water Resources Association (EWRA), vol. 21(9), pages 1613-1633, September.
- Sevilla Jiménez, Martín & Torregrosa, Teresa & Moreno, Luis, 2010. "Un Panorama sobre la Economía del Agua/An Overview on Water Economy," Estudios de Economia Aplicada, Estudios de Economia Aplicada, vol. 28, pages 265-304, Agosto.
- Fielke, Simon J. & Kaye-Blake, William & Mackay, Alec & Smith, Willie & Rendel, John & Dominati, Estelle, 2018. "Learning from resilience research: Findings from four projects in New Zealand," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 322-333.
More about this item
KeywordsPECS; water governance; ecosystem service; place-based research; social-ecological system; sustainability; transdisciplinary science;
All these keywords.
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:5:p:1516-:d:145606. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.