A Comparative Analysis of Fuzzy TOPSIS and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) for the Location Selection of Shopping Malls: A Case Study from Turkey
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ji Chen & Jinsheng Wang & Tomas Baležentis & Fausta Zagurskaitė & Dalia Streimikiene & Daiva Makutėnienė, 2018. "Multicriteria Approach towards the Sustainable Selection of a Teahouse Location with Sensitivity Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(8), pages 1-17, August.
- Feyzan Erkip, 2003. "The Shopping Mall as an Emergent Public Space in Turkey," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 35(6), pages 1073-1093, June.
- Amparo Baviera-Puig & Juan Buitrago-Vera & Carmen Escriba-Perez, 2016. "Geomarketing models in supermarket location strategies," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 1205-1221, November.
- van Haaren, Rob & Fthenakis, Vasilis, 2011. "GIS-based wind farm site selection using spatial multi-criteria analysis (SMCA): Evaluating the case for New York State," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 3332-3340, September.
- Franco, Camilo & Bojesen, Mikkel & Hougaard, Jens Leth & Nielsen, Kurt, 2015.
"A fuzzy approach to a multiple criteria and Geographical Information System for decision support on suitable locations for biogas plants,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 304-315.
- Camilo Franco & Mikkel Bojesen & Jens Leth Hougaard & Kurt Nielsen, 2013. "A Fuzzy Approach to a Multiple Criteria and Geographical Information System for Decision Support on Suitable Locations for Biogas Plants," MSAP Working Paper Series 05_2013, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Atici, Kazim Baris & Simsek, Ahmet Bahadir & Ulucan, Aydin & Tosun, Mustafa Umur, 2015. "A GIS-based Multiple Criteria Decision Analysis approach for wind power plant site selection," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 86-96.
- Reigadinha, TÃ¢nia & Godinho, Pedro & Dias, Joana, 2017. "Portuguese food retailers â€“ Exploring three classic theories of retail location," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 102-116.
- Sánchez-Lozano, Juan M. & Teruel-Solano, Jerónimo & Soto-Elvira, Pedro L. & Socorro García-Cascales, M., 2013. "Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Multi-Criteria Decision Making (MCDM) methods for the evaluation of solar farms locations: Case study in south-eastern Spain," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 544-556.
- Chen, Chen-Tung & Lin, Ching-Torng & Huang, Sue-Fn, 2006. "A fuzzy approach for supplier evaluation and selection in supply chain management," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 102(2), pages 289-301, August.
- Latinopoulos, D. & Kechagia, K., 2015. "A GIS-based multi-criteria evaluation for wind farm site selection. A regional scale application in Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 550-560.
- Fischer, Manfred M & Nijkamp, Peter, 1992.
"Geographic Information Systems and Spatial Analysis,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 26(1), pages 3-17, April.
- Fischer, M.M. & Nijkamp, P., 1992. "Geographic information systems and spatial analysis," Serie Research Memoranda 0054, VU University Amsterdam, Faculty of Economics, Business Administration and Econometrics.
- Yi, Choong-Sung & Lee, Jin-Hee & Shim, Myung-Pil, 2010. "Site location analysis for small hydropower using geo-spatial information system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 852-861.
- Guo, Sen & Zhao, Huiru, 2015. "Optimal site selection of electric vehicle charging station by using fuzzy TOPSIS based on sustainability perspective," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 158(C), pages 390-402.
- Daniel Serra & Rosa Colomé, 2001. "articles: Consumer choice and optimal locations models: Formulations and heuristics," Papers in Regional Science, Springer;Regional Science Association International, vol. 80(4), pages 439-464.
- ELSamen, Amjad Ahmad Abu & Hiyasat, Rund Ibrahim, 2017. "Beyond the random location of shopping malls: A GIS perspective in Amman, Jordan," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 30-37.
- Fahrettin Eldemir & Ismail Onden, 2016. "Geographical Information Systems and Multicriteria Decisions Integration Approach for Hospital Location Selection," International Journal of Information Technology & Decision Making (IJITDM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(05), pages 975-997, September.
- Dolega, Les & Pavlis, Michalis & Singleton, Alex, 2016. "Estimating attractiveness, hierarchy and catchment area extents for a national set of retail centre agglomerations," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 78-90.
- Dragan Pamučar & Ljubomir Gigović & Zoran Bajić & Miljojko Janošević, 2017. "Location Selection for Wind Farms Using GIS Multi-Criteria Hybrid Model: An Approach Based on Fuzzy and Rough Numbers," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(8), pages 1-23, July.
- Charles C. Carter & William J. Haloupek, 2002. "Dispersion of stores of the same type in shopping malls: theory and preliminary evidence," Journal of Property Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(4), pages 291-311.
- Alan Murray, 2010. "Advances in location modeling: GIS linkages and contributions," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 335-354, September.
- Choudhary, Devendra & Shankar, Ravi, 2012. "An STEEP-fuzzy AHP-TOPSIS framework for evaluation and selection of thermal power plant location: A case study from India," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 510-521.
- Ali Durmuş & Sevkiye Sence Turk, 2014. "Factors Influencing Location Selection of Warehouses at the Intra-Urban Level: Istanbul Case," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(2), pages 268-292, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mateusz Ciski & Krzysztof Rząsa & Marek Ogryzek, 2019. "Use of GIS Tools in Sustainable Heritage Management—The Importance of Data Generalization in Spatial Modeling," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(20), pages 1-21, October.
- Ateekh Ur Rehman & Mustufa Haider Abidi & Usama Umer & Yusuf Siraj Usmani, 2019. "Multi-Criteria Decision-Making Approach for Selecting Wind Energy Power Plant Locations," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(21), pages 1-20, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Peri, Erez & Tal, Alon, 2020. "A sustainable way forward for wind power: Assessing turbines’ environmental impacts using a holistic GIS analysis," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 279(C).
- Baseer, M.A. & Rehman, S. & Meyer, J.P. & Alam, Md. Mahbub, 2017. "GIS-based site suitability analysis for wind farm development in Saudi Arabia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 1166-1176.
- Vasileiou, Margarita & Loukogeorgaki, Eva & Vagiona, Dimitra G., 2017. "GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis for site selection of hybrid offshore wind and wave energy systems in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 745-757.
- Pilar Díaz-Cuevas, 2018. "GIS-Based Methodology for Evaluating the Wind-Energy Potential of Territories: A Case Study from Andalusia (Spain)," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(10), pages 1-16, October.
- Höfer, Tim & Sunak, Yasin & Siddique, Hafiz & Madlener, Reinhard, 2016.
"Wind farm siting using a spatial Analytic Hierarchy Process approach: A case study of the Städteregion Aachen,"
Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 163(C), pages 222-243.
- Höfer, Tim & Sunak, Yasin & Siddique, Hafiz & Madlener, Reinhard, 2014. "Wind Farm Siting Using a Spatial Analytic Hierarchy Process Approach: A Case Study of the Städteregion Aachen," FCN Working Papers 16/2014, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Sindhu, Sonal & Nehra, Vijay & Luthra, Sunil, 2017. "Investigation of feasibility study of solar farms deployment using hybrid AHP-TOPSIS analysis: Case study of India," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 496-511.
- Chaouachi, Aymen & Covrig, Catalin Felix & Ardelean, Mircea, 2017. "Multi-criteria selection of offshore wind farms: Case study for the Baltic States," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 179-192.
- Wenjun Chen & Yanlei Zhu & Meng Yang & Jiahai Yuan, 2017. "Optimal Site Selection of Wind-Solar Complementary Power Generation Project for a Large-Scale Plug-In Charging Station," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(11), pages 1-22, October.
- Eichhorn, Marcus & Masurowski, Frank & Becker, Raik & Thrän, Daniela, 2019. "Wind energy expansion scenarios – A spatial sustainability assessment," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 367-375.
- repec:gam:jeners:v:9:y:2016:i:3:p:157:d:64969 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ayodele, T.R. & Ogunjuyigbe, A.S.O. & Odigie, O. & Munda, J.L., 2018. "A multi-criteria GIS based model for wind farm site selection using interval type-2 fuzzy analytic hierarchy process: The case study of Nigeria," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 228(C), pages 1853-1869.
- Ali, Shahid & Taweekun, Juntakan & Techato, Kuaanan & Waewsak, Jompob & Gyawali, Saroj, 2019. "GIS based site suitability assessment for wind and solar farms in Songkhla, Thailand," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 132(C), pages 1360-1372.
- Yasir Ahmed Solangi & Qingmei Tan & Muhammad Waris Ali Khan & Nayyar Hussain Mirjat & Ifzal Ahmed, 2018. "The Selection of Wind Power Project Location in the Southeastern Corridor of Pakistan: A Factor Analysis, AHP, and Fuzzy-TOPSIS Application," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(8), pages 1-26, July.
- Yunna Wu & Meng Yang & Haobo Zhang & Kaifeng Chen & Yang Wang, 2016. "Optimal Site Selection of Electric Vehicle Charging Stations Based on a Cloud Model and the PROMETHEE Method," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-20, March.
- Shafiullah, Md & Rahman, Syed Masiur & Mortoja, Md. Golam & Al-Ramadan, Baqer, 2016. "Role of spatial analysis technology in power system industry: An overview," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 584-595.
- Yunna Wu & Chao Xie & Chuanbo Xu & Fang Li, 2017. "A Decision Framework for Electric Vehicle Charging Station Site Selection for Residential Communities under an Intuitionistic Fuzzy Environment: A Case of Beijing," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(9), pages 1-25, August.
- Rogna, Marco, 2020. "A first-phase screening method for site selection of large-scale solar plants with an application to Italy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 99(C).
- Gigović, Ljubomir & Pamučar, Dragan & Božanić, Darko & Ljubojević, Srđan, 2017. "Application of the GIS-DANP-MABAC multi-criteria model for selecting the location of wind farms: A case study of Vojvodina, Serbia," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 501-521.
- Xu, Ye & Li, Ye & Zheng, Lijun & Cui, Liang & Li, Sha & Li, Wei & Cai, Yanpeng, 2020. "Site selection of wind farms using GIS and multi-criteria decision making method in Wafangdian, China," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 207(C).
- Anissa Frini & Sarah Benamor, 2018. "Making Decisions in a Sustainable Development Context: A State-of-the-Art Survey and Proposal of a Multi-period Single Synthesizing Criterion Approach," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 52(2), pages 341-385, August.
- Kruger, Wikus & Stritzke, Susann & Trotter, Philipp A., 2019. "De-risking solar auctions in sub-Saharan Africa – A comparison of site selection strategies in South Africa and Zambia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 429-438.
More about this item
KeywordsGIS; fuzzy TOPSIS; location selection;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:11:y:2019:i:14:p:3837-:d:248237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.