A GIS-based multi-criteria evaluation for wind farm site selection. A regional scale application in Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Lejeune, P. & Feltz, C., 2008. "Development of a decision support system for setting up a wind energy policy across the Walloon Region (southern Belgium)," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 2416-2422.
- Ramírez-Rosado, Ignacio J. & García-Garrido, Eduardo & Fernández-Jiménez, L. Alfredo & Zorzano-Santamaría, Pedro J. & Monteiro, Cláudio & Miranda, Vladimiro, 2008. "Promotion of new wind farms based on a decision support system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 558-566.
- Xydis, George, 2013. "A techno-economic and spatial analysis for the optimal planning of wind energy in Kythira island, Greece," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 440-452.
- Papadopoulos, A.M. & Glinou, G.L. & Papachristos, D.Α., 2008. "Developments in the utilisation of wind energy in Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 105-110.
- Baban, Serwan M.J & Parry, Tim, 2001. "Developing and applying a GIS-assisted approach to locating wind farms in the UK," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 59-71.
- van Haaren, Rob & Fthenakis, Vasilis, 2011. "GIS-based wind farm site selection using spatial multi-criteria analysis (SMCA): Evaluating the case for New York State," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(7), pages 3332-3340, September.
- Aydin, Nazli Yonca & Kentel, Elcin & Duzgun, Sebnem, 2010. "GIS-based environmental assessment of wind energy systems for spatial planning: A case study from Western Turkey," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 364-373, January.
- Nguyen, Khanh Q., 2007. "Wind energy in Vietnam: Resource assessment, development status and future implications," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 1405-1413, February.
- Baltas, A.E. & Dervos, A.N., 2012. "Special framework for the spatial planning & the sustainable development of renewable energy sources," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 358-363.
- Mourmouris, J.C. & Potolias, C., 2013. "A multi-criteria methodology for energy planning and developing renewable energy sources at a regional level: A case study Thassos, Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 522-530.
- Voivontas, D. & Assimacopoulos, D. & Mourelatos, A. & Corominas, J., 1998. "Evaluation of Renewable Energy potential using a GIS decision support system," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 333-344.
- Mondol, Jayanta Deb & Koumpetsos, Nikos, 2013. "Overview of challenges, prospects, environmental impacts and policies for renewable energy and sustainable development in Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 431-442.
- Omitaomu, Olufemi A. & Blevins, Brandon R. & Jochem, Warren C. & Mays, Gary T. & Belles, Randy & Hadley, Stanton W. & Harrison, Thomas J. & Bhaduri, Budhendra L. & Neish, Bradley S. & Rose, Amy N., 2012. "Adapting a GIS-based multicriteria decision analysis approach for evaluating new power generating sites," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 292-301.
- Panwar, N.L. & Kaushik, S.C. & Kothari, Surendra, 2011. "Role of renewable energy sources in environmental protection: A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 1513-1524, April.
- Gorsevski, Pece V. & Cathcart, Steven C. & Mirzaei, Golrokh & Jamali, Mohsin M. & Ye, Xinyue & Gomezdelcampo, Enrique, 2013. "A group-based spatial decision support system for wind farm site selection in Northwest Ohio," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 374-385.
- Michalena, Evanthie & Frantzeskaki, Niki, 2013. "Moving forward or slowing-down? Exploring what impedes the Hellenic energy transition to a sustainable future," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 80(5), pages 977-991.
- Yue, Cheng-Dar & Wang, Shi-Sian, 2006. "GIS-based evaluation of multifarious local renewable energy sources: a case study of the Chigu area of southwestern Taiwan," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 730-742, April.
More about this item
KeywordsWind farms siting criteria; GIS; Multi-criteria decision analysis; Spatial analysis; Land suitability;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:renene:v:78:y:2015:i:c:p:550-560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/renewable-energy .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.