Overview of challenges, prospects, environmental impacts and policies for renewable energy and sustainable development in Greece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsioliaridou, E. & Bakos, G.C. & Stadler, M., 2006. "A new energy planning methodology for the penetration of renewable energy technologies in electricity sector--application for the island of Crete," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(18), pages 3757-3764, December.
- Papathanasopoulou, Eleni, 2010. "Household consumption, associated fossil fuel demand and carbon dioxide emissions: The case of Greece between 1990 and 2006," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4152-4162, August.
- Polatidis, Heracles & Haralambopoulos, Dias A., 2007. "Renewable energy systems: A societal and technological platform," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 329-341.
- Georgopoulou, E. & Sarafidis, Y. & Mirasgedis, S. & Balaras, C.A. & Gaglia, A. & Lalas, D.P., 2006. "Evaluating the need for economic support policies in promoting greenhouse gas emission reduction measures in the building sector: The case of Greece," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(15), pages 2012-2031, October.
- Kaldellis, J. K. & Kavadias, K. A., 2001. "Optimal wind-hydro solution for Aegean Sea islands' electricity-demand fulfilment," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 333-354, December.
- Haralambopoulos, D.A. & Polatidis, H., 2003. "Renewable energy projects: structuring a multi-criteria group decision-making framework," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 961-973.
- Koroneos, C. & Michailidis, M. & Moussiopoulos, N., 2004. "Multi-objective optimization in energy systems: the case study of Lesvos Island, Greece," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 91-100, February.
- Caralis, G. & Rados, K. & Zervos, A., 2010. "On the market of wind with hydro-pumped storage systems in autonomous Greek islands," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 14(8), pages 2221-2226, October.
- Maxoulis, Christos N. & Kalogirou, Soteris A., 2008. "Cyprus energy policy: The road to the 2006 world renewable energy congress trophy," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 355-365.
- Georgopoulou, E. & Lalas, D. & Papagiannakis, L., 1997. "A multicriteria decision aid approach for energy planning problems: The case of renewable energy option," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 103(1), pages 38-54, November.
- Kaldellis, J.K. & Zafirakis, D., 2007. "Present situation and future prospects of electricity generation in Aegean Archipelago islands," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(9), pages 4623-4639, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gaigalis, Vygandas & Markevicius, Antanas & Skema, Romualdas & Savickas, Juozas, 2015. "Sustainable energy strategy of Lithuanian Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant region for 2012–2035 as a chance for regional development," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1680-1696.
- Gaigalis, Vygandas & Skema, Romualdas, 2016. "A review on solid biofuel usage in Lithuania after the decommission of Ignalina NPP and compliance with the EU policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 974-988.
- Latinopoulos, D. & Kechagia, K., 2015. "A GIS-based multi-criteria evaluation for wind farm site selection. A regional scale application in Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 550-560.
- Yanine, Franco Fernando & Caballero, Federico I. & Sauma, Enzo E. & Córdova, Felisa M., 2014. "Homeostatic control, smart metering and efficient energy supply and consumption criteria: A means to building more sustainable hybrid micro-generation systems," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 235-258.
- Foo, K.Y., 2015. "A vision on the opportunities, policies and coping strategies for the energy security and green energy development in Malaysia," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 1477-1498.
- Drosou, Vassiliki & Kosmopoulos, Panos & Papadopoulos, Agis, 2016. "Solar cooling system using concentrating collectors for office buildings: A case study for Greece," Renewable Energy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 697-708.
- Pensini, Alessandro & Rasmussen, Claus N. & Kempton, Willett, 2014. "Economic analysis of using excess renewable electricity to displace heating fuels," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 131(C), pages 530-543.
- Gaigalis, Vygandas & Skema, Romualdas, 2014. "Sustainable economy development and transition of fuel and energy in Lithuania after integration into the European Union," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 719-733.
- Andrew Chapman & Benjamin McLellan & Tetsuo Tezuka, 2016. "Strengthening the Energy Policy Making Process and Sustainability Outcomes in the OECD through Policy Design," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 6(3), pages 1-16, July.
- Gaigalis, Vygandas & Markevicius, Antanas & Katinas, Vladislovas & Skema, Romualdas, 2014. "Analysis of the renewable energy promotion in Lithuania in compliance with the European Union strategy and policy," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 422-435.
- Cristofari, C. & Storai, C. & Canaletti, J.L., 2014. "Development policy to increase the competitiveness of renewable energy-sector companies in a territory like Corsica (France)," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 61-66.
More about this item
KeywordsEnergy; Policy; Renewable; Sustainable; Emissions; Buildings;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:rensus:v:23:y:2013:i:c:p:431-442. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/600126/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.