Regional Innovation Systems as Complex Adaptive Systems: The Case of Lagging European Regions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Flaminio Squazzoni & Riccardo Boero, 2002. "Economic Performance, Inter-Firm Relations and Local Institutional Engineering in a Computational Prototype of Industrial Districts," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 5(1), pages 1-1.
- Asheim, Bjorn T & Isaksen, Arne, 2002. "Regional Innovation Systems: The Integration of Local 'Sticky' and Global 'Ubiquitous' Knowledge," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 27(1), pages 77-86, January.
- Claudia Werker, 2006. "An Assessment of the Regional Innovation Policy by the European Union based on Bibliometrical Analysis," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2006-11, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Bengt-ake Lundvall & Bjorn Johnson, 1994. "The Learning Economy," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 23-42.
- Thomas Brenner & Claudia Werker, 2009. "Policy Advice Derived from Simulation Models," Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, Journal of Artificial Societies and Social Simulation, vol. 12(4), pages 1-2.
- Elizabeth Garnsey, 1998. "The Genesis of the High Technology Milieu: A Study in Complexity," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(3), pages 361-377, September.
- Nuno Ferreira da Cruz & António F. Tavares & Rui Cunha Marques & Susana Jorge & Luís de Sousa, 2016. "Measuring Local Government Transparency," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 866-893, July.
- Asheim, Bjorn T. & Coenen, Lars, 2005. "Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1173-1190, October.
- Albino, Vito & Carbonara, Nunzia & Giannoccaro, Ilaria, 2006. "Innovation in industrial districts: An agent-based simulation model," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 30-45, November.
- Abiodun Egbetokun & Adekemi Jessica Oluwadare & Blessing Funke Ajao & Oluseye Oladayo Jegede, 2017. "Innovation systems research: an agenda for developing countries," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 3(4), pages 1-16, November.
- Ron Boschma, 2005. "Proximity and Innovation: A Critical Assessment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 39(1), pages 61-74.
- Acs, Zoltan J. & Anselin, Luc & Varga, Attila, 2002. "Patents and innovation counts as measures of regional production of new knowledge," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1069-1085, September.
- Lombardi, Mauro, 2003. "The evolution of local production systems: the emergence of the "invisible mind" and the evolutionary pressures towards more visible "minds"," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(8), pages 1443-1462, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kangmin Wu & Yang Wang & Yuyao Ye & Hongou Zhang & Guangqing Huang, 2019. "Relationship Between the Built Environment and the Location Choice of High-Tech Firms: Evidence from the Pearl River Delta," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-21, July.
- Houxing Tang & Zhenzhong Ma & Jiuling Xiao & Lei Xiao, 2020. "Toward a more Efficient Knowledge Network in Innovation Ecosystems: A Simulated Study on Knowledge Management," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(16), pages 1-18, August.
- Diana-Manuela LINA, 2019. "The Role Of Universities In Regional Innovation Systems. One-Step Further In Assuming The Third Mission?," EURINT, Centre for European Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, vol. 6, pages 288-310.
- Andreas Pyka & Matthias Mueller & Muhamed Kudic, 2018. "Regional Innovation Systems in Policy Laboratories," Journal of Open Innovation: Technology, Market, and Complexity, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 4(4), pages 1-18, September.
- Henry Junior Anderson & Jan Stejskal, 2019. "Diffusion Efficiency of Innovation among EU Member States: A Data Envelopment Analysis," Economies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(2), pages 1-19, April.
- Cristina Caterina Amitrano & Marco Tregua & Tiziana Russo Spena & Francesco Bifulco, 2018. "On Technology in Innovation Systems and Innovation-Ecosystem Perspectives: A Cross-Linking Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(10), pages 1-15, October.
More about this item
Keywordsagent-based modelling; self-sustainability; complex adaptive systems; regional innovation systems; Europe;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
- Q3 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Nonrenewable Resources and Conservation
- Q5 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- O13 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Agriculture; Natural Resources; Environment; Other Primary Products
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2862-:d:163352. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (XML Conversion Team). General contact details of provider: https://www.mdpi.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.