Knowledge bases and regional innovation systems: Comparing Nordic clusters
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alexander Kaufmann & Franz Todtling, 2000. "Systems of Innovation in Traditional Industrial Regions: The Case of Styria in a Comparative Perspective," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 29-40.
- P Cooke & M G Uranga & G Etxebarria, 1998. "Regional Systems of Innovation: An Evolutionary Perspective," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(9), pages 1563-1584, September.
- Gertler, Meric S., 2004. "Manufacturing Culture: The Institutional Geography of Industrial Practice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198233824.
- Ash Amin, 1999. "An Institutionalist Perspective on Regional Economic Development," International Journal of Urban and Regional Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 365-378, June.
- Lars Coenen & Jerker Moodysson & Bjørn T. Asheim, 2004. "Nodes, networks and proximities: on the knowledge dynamics of the Medicon Valley biotech cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 1003-1018, June.
- David Jacobson & Hartmut Hirsch-Kreinsen & Keith Smith & Staffan Laestadius, "undated". "Low-Tech Industries and the Knowledge Economy: State of the Art and Research Challenges," STEP Report series 200316, The STEP Group, Studies in technology, innovation and economic policy.
- McKelvey, Maureen & Alm, Hakan & Riccaboni, Massimo, 2003. "Does co-location matter for formal knowledge collaboration in the Swedish biotechnology-pharmaceutical sector?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 483-501, March.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Todtling, Franz, 2001.
"Science-industry interaction in the process of innovation: the importance of boundary-crossing between systems,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 791-804, May.
- Kaufmann, Alexander & Tödtling, Franz, 2000. "Science-Industry Interaction In The Process Of Innovation - The Importance Of Boundary-Crossing Between Systems," ERSA conference papers ersa00p428, European Regional Science Association.
- Pavitt, Keith, 1984. "Sectoral patterns of technical change: Towards a taxonomy and a theory," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(6), pages 343-373, December.
- Bent Dalum & Christian Ø.R. Pedersen & Gert Villumsen, 2002. "Technoligical Life Cycles Regional Clusters Facing Disruption," DRUID Working Papers 02-10, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Frank Moulaert & Farid Sekia, 2003. "Territorial Innovation Models: A Critical Survey," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(3), pages 289-302.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Emil Evenhuis, 2017. "Institutional change in cities and regions: a path dependency approach," Cambridge Journal of Regions, Economy and Society, Cambridge Political Economy Society, vol. 10(3), pages 509-526.
- Rune Dahl Fitjar & Franz Huber & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2016.
"Not too close, not too far: testing the Goldilocks principle of ‘optimal’ distance in innovation networks,"
Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 465-487, August.
- Rune Dahl Fitjar & Franz Huber & Andrés Rodríguez-Pose, 2016. "Not too close, not too far: testing the Goldilocks principle of ‘optimal’ distance in innovation networks," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1609, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2016.
- Fitjar, Rune Dahl & Huber, Franz & Rodríguez-Pose, Andrés, 2016. "Not too close, not too far: testing the Goldilocks principle of ‘optimal’ distance in innovation networks," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 84304, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Markus Grillitsch & Roman Martin & Martin Srholec, 2017.
"Knowledge Base Combinations and Innovation Performance in Swedish Regions,"
Economic Geography, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 93(5), pages 458-479, October.
- Grillitsch, Markus & Martin, Roman & Srholec, Martin, 2015. "Knowledge base combinations and innovation performance in Swedish regions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/6, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Iwona Borowik, 2014. "Knowledge Exchange Mechanisms and Innovation Policy in Post-Industrial Regions: Approaches of the Basque Country and the West Midlands," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 5(1), pages 37-69, March.
- Tödtling, Franz & Lehner, Patrick & Trippl, Michaela, 2004.
"Knowledge intensive industries, networks, and collective learning,"
2004/02, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz Tödtling & Patrick Lehner & Michaela Trippl, 2004. "Knowledge intensive industries, networks, and collective learning," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2004_02, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz TÃ¶dtling & Patrick Lehner & Michaela Trippl, 2004. "Knowledge intensive industries, networks, and collective learning," ERSA conference papers ersa04p167, European Regional Science Association.
- Koen Frenken & Roderik Ponds & Frank Van Oort, 2010.
"The citation impact of research collaboration in science‐based industries: A spatial‐institutional analysis,"
Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 351-271, June.
- Koen Frenken & Roderik Ponds & Frank van Oort, 2010. "The citation impact of research collaboration in science-based industries: A spatial-institutional analysis," Working Papers 10-02, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies, revised Mar 2010.
- Rakas, Marija & Hain, Daniel S., 2019. "The state of innovation system research: What happens beneath the surface?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(9), pages 1-1.
- Martin, Hanna & Martin, Roman & Zukauskaite, Elena, 2018. "The Multiple Roles of Demand in Regional Development A Conceptual Analysis," Papers in Innovation Studies 2018/10, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Titze, Mirko & Brachert, Matthias & Günther, Jutta & Schwartz, Michael, 2010. "Die Identifikation von Wissenschaftsräumen: Eine Konzeptstudie über methodische Ansätze sowie Möglichkeiten und Grenzen der empirischen Erfassung," IWH-Sonderhefte 5/2010, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Pedro Valadas Monteiro & Teresa de Noronha & Paulo Neto, 2011. "The Importance of Clusters for Sustainable Innovation Processes: The Context of Small and Medium Sized Regions," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2011_24, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Rosamaria D'Amore & Roberto Iorio & Agnieszka Stawinoga, 2012. "Who and Where are the Co-Authors? The Relationship between Institutional and Geographical Distance in Scientific Publications," Working Papers 3_221, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- Roman Martin, 2013.
"Differentiated Knowledge Bases and the Nature of Innovation Networks,"
European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(9), pages 1418-1436, September.
- Martin , Roman, 2013. "Differentiated Knowledge Bases and the Nature of Innovation Networks," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/14, Lund University, CIRCLE - Centre for Innovation Research.
- Ina Drejer & Anker Lund Vinding, 2005. "Location and collaboration: Manufacturing firms' use of knowledge intensive services in product innovation," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(6), pages 879-898, September.
- Coronado, Daniel & Acosta, Manuel & Fernández, Ana, 2008. "Attitudes to innovation in peripheral economic regions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(6-7), pages 1009-1021, July.
- Iammarino, Simona & McCann, Philip, 2006.
"The structure and evolution of industrial clusters: Transactions, technology and knowledge spillovers,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(7), pages 1018-1036, September.
- Simona Iammarino & Philip McCann, 2006. "The Structure and Evolution of Industrial Clusters: Transactions, Technology and Knowledge Spillovers," SPRU Working Paper Series 138, SPRU - Science Policy Research Unit, University of Sussex Business School.
- Trigo, Alexandre & Vence, Xavier, 2012. "Scope and patterns of innovation cooperation in Spanish service enterprises," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 602-613.
- Kolympiris, Christos & Kalaitzandonakes, Nicholas & Miller, Douglas, 2011. "Spatial collocation and venture capital in the US biotechnology industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1188-1199.
- Jérôme Stuck & Tom Broekel & Javier Revilla Diez, 2016. "Network Structures in Regional Innovation Systems," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(3), pages 423-442, March.
- Heide Fier & Andreas Pyka, 2014.
"Against the one-way-street: analyzing knowledge transfer from industry to science,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 219-246, April.
- Fier, Heide & Pyka, Andreas, 2010. "Against the one-way-street: Analyzing knowledge transfer from industry to science," ZEW Discussion Papers 10-048, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Tödtling, Franz & Lehner, Patrick & Kaufmann, Alexander, 2008.
"Do different types of innovation rely on specific kinds of knowledge interactions?,"
2008/01, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Franz Tödtling & Patrick Lehner & Alexander Kaufmann, 2008. "Do Different Types of Innovation Rely on Specific Kinds of Knowledge Interactions?," SRE-Disc sre-disc-2008_01, Institute for Multilevel Governance and Development, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:34:y:2005:i:8:p:1173-1190. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Nithya Sathishkumar). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.