Impact Of Relationship Marketing On Customer Loyalty In The Banking Sector
The purpose of this study is to discuss the impact of customer loyalty in banking sector. The customer loyalty in banking has seen a major concern to practitioners due to severe competition and higher customer expectations. Further to that, one way to enhance customer loyalty in banking is by focusing on offering excellent services and meeting the needs of customer. Banks need to have a good understanding of their customer behaviour so that appropriate marketing strategies directed towards relationship building and customer retention can be developed. The objective of this study is to examine the causal relationships of several antecedents of customer loyalty in the context of retail banking in Northern Malaysia. Thus, it will review the marketing literature on the experience of customer loyalty ie., customer satisfaction, commitment, trust, perceived service quality and perceived value. Next, we present the research framework, methods, measures and findings and conclusion. Finally, the results were discussed in terms of its contribution to the upgrading of banking services and recommendations for future research.
Volume (Year): 6 No 3 Paper 4 March (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.fareastjournals.com/journal_detail.aspx?jid=18 |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bahaudin Mujtaba & Reza Tajaddini & Lisa Chen, 2011. "Business Ethics Perceptions of Public and Private Sector Iranians," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 433-447, December.
- Marjit, Sugata & Ghosh, Sudeep & Biswas, Amit, 2007.
"Informality, corruption and trade reform,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 777-789, September.
- Marjit, Sugata & Rajeev, Meenakshi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2000. "Incomplete information as a deterrent to crime," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 763-773, November.
- Steven Kelman, 2000. "Corruption and government: Causes, consequences, and reform," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 488-491.
- Nicolas Barberis & Maxin Boycho & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1995.
"How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1721, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Maxim Boycko & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1996. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 764-90, August.
- Nicholas Barberis & Maxim Boycko & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1995. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," NBER Working Papers 5136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Boycko, Maxim & Shleifer, Andrei & Tsukanova, Natalia, 1996. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," Scholarly Articles 3451306, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2011. "The Outsiders: Economic Reform and Informal Labour in a Developing Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198071495, March.
- Dr. Bahaudin G. Mujtaba & Prof. Dr. Talat Afza, 2011. "Business Ethics Perceptions of Public and Private Sector Respondents in Pakistan," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 3(1), pages 1-11, April.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Vivekananda & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2000. "Harassment, corruption and tax policy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-94, March.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Kar, Saibal & Roy, Sanjukta, 2011. "Informal Sector and Corruption: An Empirical Investigation for India," IZA Discussion Papers 5579, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Megginson, William Leon, 2005. "The Financial Economics of Privatization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195150629, March.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2005. "Privatization in Latin America : Myths and Reality," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7461, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fej:articl:v:6c:y:2012:i:4:p:36-55. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Chau)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.