Growth And Prospects Of Islamic Banking In Pakistan
Islamic banking has undergone tremendous growth in the past decade. This study purports to analyze the growth and development scenario of Islamic banking in Pakistan for financial year 2003-2010 in terms of performance indicators and growth parameters like deposits, capital funds, branch networks, product innovation and number of customers. The financing portfolio of Islamic banking in Pakistanis also highlighted. More and more people are now being publically aware of Islamic banking including its functioning and the products being offered. Thus there is an increase demand of Islamic banking to meet Islamic banking need of customers. This paper also aims at narrating the prospects of Islamic banking in Pakistan as well as its challenges. Islamic banking cemented with the swift market share in banking services in the last eight years. Moreover the endeavors made by the central bank of Pakistan (SBP) for the expansion of Islamic Banks are also incredible. A glance on the current growth of Islamic banking projected that in the vicinity of future, Islamic banking will acquire foremost share in banking industry of Pakistan.
Volume (Year): 7 No 2 Paper 4 May (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.fareastjournals.com/journal_detail.aspx?jid=18|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Marjit, Sugata & Kar, Saibal, 2011. "The Outsiders: Economic Reform and Informal Labour in a Developing Economy," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198071495, March.
- Dutta, Nabamita & Kar, Saibal & Roy, Sanjukta, 2011. "Informal Sector and Corruption: An Empirical Investigation for India," IZA Discussion Papers 5579, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Marjit, Sugata & Ghosh, Sudeep & Biswas, Amit, 2007.
"Informality, corruption and trade reform,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 777-789, September.
- Florencio López-de-Silanes & Pablo Serra & Paul Gertler & Ernesto Schargrodsky & Francisco Anuatti & Sebastián Galiani & Alberto E. Chong & Carlos Pombo & Federico Sturzenegger & Máximo Torero & Carlo, 2005.
"Privatization in Latin America: Myths and Reality,"
IDB Publications (Books),
Inter-American Development Bank, number 59618 edited by Florencio López-de-Silanes & Alberto E. Chong, October.
- Alberto Chong & Florencio López-de-Silanes, 2005. "Privatization in Latin America : Myths and Reality," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 7461, September.
- Nicholas Barberis & Maxim Boycko & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1995.
"How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops,"
NBER Working Papers
5136, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Maxim Boycko & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1996. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(4), pages 764-90, August.
- Nicolas Barberis & Maxin Boycho & Andrei Shleifer & Natalia Tsukanova, 1995. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1721, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Boycko, Maxim & Shleifer, Andrei & Tsukanova, Natalia, 1996. "How Does Privatization Work? Evidence from the Russian Shops," Scholarly Articles 3451306, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Marjit, Sugata & Rajeev, Meenakshi & Mukherjee, Diganta, 2000. "Incomplete information as a deterrent to crime," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 763-773, November.
- Steven Kelman, 2000. "Corruption and government: Causes, consequences, and reform," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 488-491.
- Marjit, Sugata & Mukherjee, Vivekananda & Mukherjee, Arijit, 2000. "Harassment, corruption and tax policy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-94, March.
- Bahaudin Mujtaba & Reza Tajaddini & Lisa Chen, 2011. "Business Ethics Perceptions of Public and Private Sector Iranians," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 104(3), pages 433-447, December.
- Megginson, William Leon, 2005. "The Financial Economics of Privatization," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195150629, March.
- Dr. Bahaudin G. Mujtaba & Prof. Dr. Talat Afza, 2011. "Business Ethics Perceptions of Public and Private Sector Respondents in Pakistan," Far East Journal of Psychology and Business, Far East Research Centre, vol. 3(1), pages 1-11, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fej:articl:v:7b:y:2012:i:4:p:52-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jim Chau)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.