The Determinants of the Interest Rate Margins of Czech Banks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Demirguc, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1999.
"Determinants of Commercial Bank Interest Margins and Profitability: Some International Evidence,"
World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 13(2), pages 379-408, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Huizinga, Harry, 1998. "Determinants of commercial bank interest margins and profitability : some international evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1900, The World Bank.
- Podpiera, Jiri & Weill, Laurent, 2008.
"Bad luck or bad management? Emerging banking market experience,"
Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 135-148, June.
- Jiri Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2007. "Bad Luck or Bad Management? Emerging Banking Market Experience," Working Papers 2007/5, Czech National Bank.
- Jirí Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2008. "Bad luck or bad management? emerging banking market experience," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/14305, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Laeven, Luc & Levine, Ross, 2004.
"Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 593-622, June.
- Asli Demirgüč-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2004. "Regulations, market structure, institutions, and the cost of financial intermediation," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, pages 593-626.
- Asli Demirguc-Kunt & Luc Laeven & Ross Levine, 2003. "Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation," NBER Working Papers 9890, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2004.
"Factors explaining the interest margin in the banking sectors of the European Union,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2259-2281, September.
- Maudos, Joaquin & Fernandez de Guevara, Juan, 2003. "Factors Explaining the Interest Margin in the Banking Sectors of the European Union," MPRA Paper 15252, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kit, Pong Wong, 1997. "On the determinants of bank interest margins under credit and interest rate risks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 251-271, February.
- Saunders, Anthony & Schumacher, Liliana, 2000. "The determinants of bank interest rate margins: an international study," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(6), pages 813-832, December.
- Drakos, Kostas, 2003. "Assessing the success of reform in transition banking 10 years later: an interest margins analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 309-317, April.
- Anca Pruteanu-Podpiera & Jiří Podpiera, 2008. "The Czech transition banking sector instability: the role of operational cost management," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 209-219, September.
- Hawtrey, Kim & Liang, Hanyu, 2008. "Bank interest margins in OECD countries," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 249-260, December.
- Kiviet, Jan F., 1995.
"On bias, inconsistency, and efficiency of various estimators in dynamic panel data models,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 53-78, July.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "LSDVC: RATS procedure to estimate a dynamic FE model with correction for bias," Statistical Software Components RTS00111, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Claeys, Sophie & Vander Vennet, Rudi, 2008. "Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe: A comparison with the West," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 197-216, June.
- Coricelli, Fabrizio & Roland, Isabelle, 2008. "Finance and Growth: When Does Credit Really Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 6885, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Angbazo, Lazarus, 1997. "Commercial bank net interest margins, default risk, interest-rate risk, and off-balance sheet banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 55-87, January.
- Strahan, Philip E, 2004. "Comment on "Regulations, Market Structure, Institutions, and the Cost of Financial Intermediation" by Asli Demirguc-Kunt, Luc Laeven, and Ross Levine," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 623-626, June.
- Turnovec, Frantisek, 1999. "Privatization, ownership structure and transparency: how to measure the true involvement of the state," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 605-618, November.
- Philip Brock & Helmut Franken, 2003. "Measuring the Determinants of Average and Marginal Bank Interest Rate Spreads in Chile, 1994-2001," Working Papers UWEC-2003-25, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marcin Borsuk, 2019. "Forecasting the Net Interest Margin and Loan Loss Provision Ratio of Banks in Various Economic Scenarios: Evidence from Poland," Russian Journal of Money and Finance, Bank of Russia, vol. 78(1), pages 89-106, March.
- Souad Hammami & Mongi Lassoued & Ahmed Berteji, 2018. "The Tunisian Banks Performance," Noble International Journal of Economics and Financial Research, Noble Academic Publsiher, vol. 3(1), pages 1-19, January.
- M. Turkes; M. Turkes, 2018. "Comparative Analysis Of Banking Performance Of Comercial Banks Groups. Case Study: Turkey Vs. Romania," Вестник Киевского национального университета имени Тараса Шевченко. Экономика., Socionet;Киевский национальный университет имени Тараса Шевченко, vol. 3(198), pages 87-94.
- Catalán-Herrera, Juan & Arriaza, Juan Carlos & Alvarado, Ricardo, 2019. "Is the financial accelerator story, empirically relevant for the determinants of the interest rate spread?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 71(C), pages 37-47.
- Horváth, Roman & Podpiera, Anca, 2012.
"Heterogeneity in bank pricing policies: The Czech evidence,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 87-108.
- Roman Horvath & Anca Maria Podpiera, 2009. "Heterogeneity in Bank Pricing Policies: The Czech Evidence," Working Papers 2009/8, Czech National Bank.
- Hainz, Christa & Horváth, Roman & Hlaváček, Michal, 2014. "The interest rate spreads in the Czech Republic: Different loans, different determinants?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 43-54.
- Koffie Ben Nassar & Edder Martinez & Anabel Pineda, 2014. "Determinants of Banks' Net Interest Margins in Honduras," IMF Working Papers 14/163, International Monetary Fund.
- Koffie Nassar & Edder Martinez & Anabel Pineda, 2017. "Determinants of Banks’ Net Interest Margins in Honduras," Journal of Banking and Financial Economics, University of Warsaw, Faculty of Management, vol. 1(7), pages 5-27, May.
- Faris Nasif Al Shubiri & Syed Ahsan Jamil, 2017. "Assessing the Determinants of Interest Rate Spread of Commercial Banks in Oman: An Empirical Investigation," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(2A), pages 90-108.
More about this item
Keywordscommercial banks; interest rate margins; bank efficiency;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fau:fauart:v:59:y:2009:i:2:p:128-136. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lenka Herrmannova). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/icunicz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.