The Czech transition banking sector instability: the role of operational cost management
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mester, Loretta J., 1996. "A study of bank efficiency taking into account risk-preferences," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 1025-1045, July.
- Richard S. Barr & Thomas F. Siems, 1994. "Predicting bank failure using DEA to quantify management quality," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 94-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Laurent Weill, 2003. "Banking efficiency in transition economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 569-592, September.
- Roman Matoušek & Anita Taci, 2005.
"Efficiency in Banking: Empirical Evidence from the Czech Republic,"
Economic Change and Restructuring,
Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 225-244, September.
- Roman Matoušek & Anita Taci, 2004. "Efficiency in Banking: Empirical Evidence from the Czech Republic," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 37(3), pages 225-244, September.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2000.
"Why do Banks Disappear? The Determinants of U.S. Bank Failures and Acquisitions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 127-138, February.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1995. "Why do banks disappear? The determinants of U.S. bank failures and acquisitions," Working Papers 1995-013, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bauer, Paul W. & Berger, Allen N. & Ferrier, Gary D. & Humphrey, David B., 1998.
"Consistency Conditions for Regulatory Analysis of Financial Institutions: A Comparison of Frontier Efficiency Methods,"
Journal of Economics and Business,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 85-114, March.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Financial Services working paper 97-02, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Paul W. Bauer & Allen N. Berger & Gary D. Ferrier & David B. Humphrey, 1997. "Consistency conditions for regulatory analysis of financial institutions: a comparison of frontier efficiency methods," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-50, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Rebel A. Cole & Jeffery W. Gunther, 1995. "FIMS: a new monitoring system for banking institutions," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Jan, pages 1-15.
- R. Alton Gilbert & Andrew P. Meyer & Mark D. Vaughan, 2000. "The role of a CAMEL downgrade model in bank surveillance," Working Papers 2000-021, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Roman Horváth, 2009. "The Determinants of the Interest Rate Margins of Czech Banks," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 59(2), pages 128-136, June.
- Jiri Podpiera & Laurent Weill, 2010. "Measuring Excessive Risk-Taking in Banking," Czech Journal of Economics and Finance (Finance a uver), Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, vol. 60(4), pages 294-306, November.
- Jan Babecky & Philip Du Caju & Kamil Dybczak & Kamil Galuscak & Mary Keeney & Theodora Kosma & Martina Lawless & Julian Messina & Daphne Nicolitsas & Tairi Room & Frank Smets & Pawel Strzelecki & Mati, 2010. "CNB Economic Research Bulletin: Wage Adjustment in Europe," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 8, number rb08/2 edited by Jan Babecky & Kamil Galuscak.
- Jan Babecky & Sofia Bauducco & Ales Bulir & Martin Cihak & Petr Jakubik & Lubos Komarek & Zlata Komarkova & Jiri Podpiera & Christian Schmieder & Laurent Weill, 2009. "CNB Economic Research Bulletin: Financial and Global Stability Issues," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 2, volume 7, number rb07/2 edited by Jan Babecky & Jan Frait.
- Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2015. "Do capital requirements affect cost efficiency? Evidence from China," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 19(C), pages 119-127.
- Jaromir Baxa & Jiri Bohm & Roman Horvath & Lubos Komarek & Petr Kral & Magdalena Morgese Borys & Filip Rozsypal & Branislav Saxa & Borek Vasicek, 2011. "Monetary Policy Analysis in a Central Bank," Occasional Publications - Edited Volumes, Czech National Bank, Research Department, edition 1, volume 9, number rb09/1 edited by Jan Babecky & Roman Horvath.
- Pessarossi, Pierre & Weill, Laurent, 2013. "Do capital requirements affect bank efficiency? Evidence from China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 28/2013, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
More about this item
KeywordsBank failures; Management; Cost efficiency; Transition economy; G2; C1;
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- C1 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ecopln:v:41:y:2008:i:3:p:209-219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.