Network Social Capital and Labour Market Outcomes: Evidence For Ireland
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2014.
Handbook of Economic Growth,in: Handbook of Economic Growth, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 4, pages 177-215
- Alesina, Alberto & Giuliano, Paola, 2013. "Family Ties," IZA Discussion Papers 7376, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alesina, Alberto F & Giuliano, Paola, 2013. "Family Ties," CEPR Discussion Papers 9483, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Alesina & Paola Giuliano, 2013. "Family Ties," NBER Working Papers 18966, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David, Quentin & Janiak, Alexandre & Wasmer, Etienne, 2010.
"Local social capital and geographical mobility,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 191-204, September.
- Quentin David & Alexandre Janiak & Etienne Wasmer, 2009. "Local social capital and geographical mobility," CREA Discussion Paper Series 09-11, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
- Quentin David & Alexandre Janiak & Etienne Wasmer, 2010. "Local social capital and geographical mobility," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqi, Sciences Po.
- Quentin Max David & Alexandre Janiak & Etienne Wasmer, 2010. "Local social capital and geographical mobility," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/133081, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Quentin David & Alexandre Janiak & Etienne Wasmer, 2010. "Local social capital and geographical mobility," Post-Print hal-01024088, HAL.
- Kevin Denny, 2003. "The effects of human capital on social capital : a cross-country analysis (version 1.6)," Working Papers 200318, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Montgomery, James D, 1991. "Social Networks and Labor-Market Outcomes: Toward an Economic Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(5), pages 1407-1418, December.
- Kelly, Elish & O'Connell, Philip J. & Smyth, Emer, 2010.
"The economic returns to field of study and competencies among higher education graduates in Ireland,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 650-657, August.
- Elish Kelly & Philip O'Connell & Emer Smyth, 2008. "The Economic Returns to Field of Study and Competencies Among Higher Education Graduates in Ireland," Papers WP242, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Calvo-Armengol, Antoni & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2007.
"Strong and weak ties in employment and crime,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 91(1-2), pages 203-233, February.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenou, 2004. "Strong and Weak Ties in Employment and Crime," Working Papers 180, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Thierry Verdier & Yves Zenouc, 2007. "Strong and Weak Ties in Employment and Crime," Post-Print halshs-00754247, HAL.
- Calvó-Armengol, Antoni & Verdier, Thierry & Zenou, Yves, 2006. "Strong and Weak Ties in Employment and Crime," CEPR Discussion Papers 5448, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:spo:wpecon:info:hdl:2441/5l6uh8ogmqildh09h482kc28p is not listed on IDEAS
- Philip J. O’Connell & Seamus Mcguinness & Elish Kelly, 2012. "The Transition from Short- to Long-Term Unemployment: A Statistical Profiling Model for Ireland," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 43(1), pages 135-164.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1979. "Labor Market Dynamics and Unemployemnt: A Reconsideration," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 10(1), pages 13-72.
- Maarten L. Buis, 2010. "Stata tip 87: Interpretation of interactions in nonlinear models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 10(2), pages 305-308, June.
- Ai, Chunrong & Norton, Edward C., 2003. "Interaction terms in logit and probit models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(1), pages 123-129, July.
- Michael Bernabé Aguilera, 2002. "The Impact of Social Capital on Labor Force Participation: Evidence from the 2000 Social Capital Benchmark Survey," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(3), pages 853-874.
- Laura Greene Knapp & Terry Seaks, 1998. "A Hausman test for a dummy variable in probit," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(5), pages 321-323.
- repec:ucn:wpaper:10197/1106 is not listed on IDEAS
- Edward C. Norton & Hua Wang & Chunrong Ai, 2004. "Computing interaction effects and standard errors in logit and probit models," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 4(2), pages 154-167, June.
- Kevin Denny, 2003.
"The effects of human capital on social capital: a cross-country analysis,"
IFS Working Papers
W03/16, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Kevin Denny, 2003. "The effects of human capital on social capital : a cross-country analysis," Open Access publications 10197/733, School of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1995. "Unemployment Benefits and Labor Market Transitions: A Multinomial Logit Model with Errors in Classification," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(2), pages 207-216, May.
- Woolcock, Michael & Narayan, Deepa, 2000. "Social Capital: Implications for Development Theory, Research, and Policy," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 15(2), pages 225-249, August.
- Rowell, David & Connelly, Luke, 2010. "Labour market outcomes for people with a spinal cord injury," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 223-232, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Deguilhem, Thibaud & Berrou, Jean-Philippe & Combarnous, François, 2017. "Using your ties to get a worse job? The differential effects of social networks on quality of employment: Evidence from Colombia," MPRA Paper 78628, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tom Sander & Biruta Sloka, 2015. "Does the Use of Facebook Influence the Exchange of Information on Social Networking," Proceedings of FIKUSZ 2015,in: Jolán Velencei (ed.), Proceedings of FIKUSZ '15, pages 185-202 Óbuda University, Keleti Faculty of Business and Management.
More about this item
Keywordssocial capital; labour market; Ireland;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eso:journl:v:46:y:2015:i:2:p:163-195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Martina Lawless). General contact details of provider: https://www.esr.ie .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.