Intuitive psychology, natural experiments, and the Greenspan-Bernanke conceptual framework for responding to financial crises
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mishkin, F S., 2008. "How should we respond to asset price bubbles?," Financial Stability Review, Banque de France, issue 12, pages 65-74, October.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2008:x:87 is not listed on IDEAS
- J. Patrick Raines & Heather R. Richardson & Charles G. Leathers, 2009. "Where Bernanke is taking the Federal Reserve: a Post Keynesian and institutionalist perspective," Journal of Post Keynesian Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 367-382, April.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1999.
"Monetary policy and asset price volatility,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q IV, pages 17-51.
- Ben S. Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1999. "Monetary policy and asset price volatility," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 77-128.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2008:x:83 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alan Greenspan, 2002. "Federal Reserve Board's semiannual monetary policy report to the Congress: testimony before the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, U.S. Senate, July 16, 2002," Speech 13, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan Greenspan, 1999. "Opening remarks : new challenges for monetary policy," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 1-9.
- Alan Greenspan, 2004. "Risk and Uncertainty in Monetary Policy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 94(2), pages 33-40, May.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2009:x:6 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2009:x:41 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milton Friedman, 2005. "A Natural Experiment in Monetary Policy Covering Three Episodes of Growth and Decline in the Economy and the Stock Market," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 145-150, Fall.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 2009. "Federal Reserve programs to strengthen credit markets and the economy: testimony before the Committee on Financial Services, U.S. House of Representatives, February 10, 2009," Web Site 44, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Etzioni, Amitai, 2010. "Behavioral economics: A methodological note," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 51-54, February.
- repec:fip:fedgsq:y:2006:i:may12 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsUnited States of America; Behavioural economics; Economic policy; Intuitive psychology; Natural experiments; Naïve behavioural economics; Greenspan-Bernanke doctrine; Financial accelerator;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:ijsepp:v:39:y:2012:i:4:p:281-295. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.