What is keeping the poor out of college?: Enrollment rates, educational barriers and college matriculation in China
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hua Zhou & Di Mo & Renfu Luo & Ai Yue & Scott Rozelle, 2016. "Are Children with Siblings Really More Vulnerable Than Only Children in Health, Cognition and Non-cognitive Outcomes? Evidence from a Multi-province Dataset in China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(3), pages 3-17, May.
- Linxiu Zhang & Hongmei Yi & Renfu Luo & Changfang Liu & Scott Rozelle, 2013.
"The human capital roots of the middle income trap: the case of China,"
International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 44(s1), pages 151-162, November.
- Zhang, Linxiu & Yi, Hongmei & Luo, Renfu & Liu, Changfang & Rozelle, Scott, 2012. "The Human Capital Roots of the Middle Income Trap: The Case of China," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 131119, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Kleiman-Weiner, Max & Luo, Renfu & Zhang, Linxiu & Shi, Yaojiang & Medina, Alexis & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "Eggs versus chewable vitamins: Which intervention can increase nutrition and test scores in rural China?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 165-176.
- Fang Chang & Wenbin Min & Yaojiang Shi & Kaleigh Kenny & Prashant Loyalka, 2016. "Educational Expectations and Dropout Behavior among Junior High Students in Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(3), pages 67-85, May.
- Aiqin Wang & Alexis Medina & Renfu Luo & Yaojiang Shi & Ai Yue, 2016. "To Board or Not to Board: Evidence from Nutrition, Health and Education Outcomes of Students in Rural China," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(3), pages 52-66, May.
- Renfu Luo & Yaojiang Shi & Linxiu Zhang & Chengfang Liu & Scott Rozelle & Brian Sharbono & Ai Yue & Qiran Zhao & Reynaldo Martorell, 2012. "Nutrition and Educational Performance in Rural China's Elementary Schools: Results of a Randomized Control Trial in Shaanxi Province," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 60(4), pages 735-772.
- Junxia Zeng & Xiaopeng Pang & Linxiu Zhang & Alexis Medina & Scott Rozelle, 2014. "Gender Inequality In Education In China: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(2), pages 474-491, April.
- Xinxin Chen & Yaojiang Shi & Di Mo & James Chu & Prashant Loyalka & Scott Rozelle, 2013.
"Impact of a Senior High School Tuition Relief Program on Poor Junior High School Students in Rural China,"
China & World Economy,
Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 21(3), pages 80-97, May.
- Xinxin Chen & Yaojiang Shi & Hongmei Yi & Linxiu Zhang & Di Mo & James Chu & Prashant Loyalka & Scott Rozelle, 2013. "The impact of a senior high school tuition relief program on poor junior high schoolstudents in rural China," Working Papers PIERI 2013-03, PEP-PIERI.
- Chen, Xinxin & Shi, Yaojiang & Yi, Hongmei & Zhang, Linxiu & Mo, Di & Chu, James & Loyalka, Prashant & Rozelle, Scott, 2013. "The impact of a senior high school tuition relief program on poor junior high school students in rural China," PEP Working Papers 164420, Partnership for Economic Policy (PEP).
- Zhao, Qiran & Wang, Xiaobing & Rozelle, Scott, 2019. "Better cognition, better school performance? Evidence from primary schools in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 199-217.
- Zhang, Huafeng, 2014. "The poverty trap of education: Education–poverty connections in Western China," International Journal of Educational Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 47-58.
More about this item
KeywordsHigher education; Poverty; China; Rural regions; Equal opportunities;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:caerpp:v:3:y:2011:i:2:p:131-149. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Virginia Chapman). General contact details of provider: http://www.emeraldinsight.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.