The New Economics of the Brain Drain
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:ecinqu:v:55:y:2017:i:3:p:1308-1323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pedro Albarrán & Raquel Carrasco & Javier Ruiz-Castillo, 2017.
"Are Migrants More Productive Than Stayers? Some Evidence From A Set Of Highly Productive Academic Economists,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 55(3), pages 1308-1323, July.
- Ruiz-Castillo Ucelay, Javier & Carrasco Perea, Raquel & Albarrán, Pedro, 2016. "Are migrants more productive than stayers? Some evidence for a set of highly productive academic economists," UC3M Working papers. Economics 23424, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Driouchi, Ahmed, 2014. "Economics of Migration of Students from the Arab Region to OECD countries," MPRA Paper 58830, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Clemens, Michael A., 2009.
"Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development,"
19186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Clemens, 2009. "Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development," Working Papers 180, Center for Global Development.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2009. "Skill Flow: A Fundamental Reconsideration of Skilled-Worker Mobility and Development," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-08, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Fargues, Philippe, 2006. "The demographic benefit of international migration : hypothesis and application to the Middle Eastern and North African contexts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4050, The World Bank.
- C. Simon Fan & Oded Stark, 2007.
"The brain drain, 'educated unemployment', human capital formation, and economic betterment,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 15, pages 629-660, October.
- Oded Stark & C. Simon Fan, 2007. "The Brain Drain, “Educated Unemployment,” Human Capital Formation, and Economic Betterment," CEDI Discussion Paper Series 07-01, Centre for Economic Development and Institutions(CEDI), Brunel University.
- Stark, Oded & Fan, C. Simon, 2007. "The Brain Drain, "Educated Unemployment," Human Capital Formation, and Economic Betterment," Discussion Papers 7122, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Driouchi, Ahmed & Boboc, Cristina & Zouag, Nada, 2009. "Emigration of Highly Skilled Labor: Determinants & Impacts," MPRA Paper 21567, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Mar 2010.
- Stark, Oded & Dorn, Agnieszka, 2013.
"International migration, human capital formation, and saving,"
Elsevier, vol. 118(3), pages 411-414.
- Stark, Oded & Dorn, Agnieszka, 2013. "International migration, human capital formation, and saving," Discussion Papers 143842, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Stark, Oded & Dorn, Agnieszka, 2013. "International migration, human capital formation, and saving," University of Tuebingen Working Papers in Economics and Finance 49, University of Tuebingen, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences.
- Faini, Riccardo, 2006. "Remittances and the Brain Drain," IZA Discussion Papers 2155, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas Straubhaar & Achim Wolter, 1996. "Current issues in European migration," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 31(6), pages 267-276, November.
- J. Edward Taylor, 2006. "The relationship between international migration, trade, and development: some paradoxes and findings," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 199-212.
- Stark, Oded, 2010. "Policy Repercussions of "The New Economics of the Brain Drain"," Discussion Papers 98003, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Satish Chand & Michael A. Clemens, 2008.
"Skilled emigration and skill creation: A quasi-experiment,"
International and Development Economics Working Papers
idec08-05, International and Development Economics.
- Michael Clemens & Satish Chand, 2008. "Skilled Emigration and Skill Creation: A quasi-experiment," Working Papers 152, Center for Global Development.
- Zhang, Yi & Matz, Julia Anna, 2017. "On the train to brain gain in rural China," Discussion Papers 252443, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Monteleone, Simona & Torrisi, Benedetto, 2010. "A Micro Data Analisys Of Italy’s Brain Drain," MPRA Paper 20995, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Arias & Oliver Azuara & Pedro Bernal & James J. Heckman & Cajeme Villarreal, 2010.
"Policies To Promote Growth and Economic Efficiency in Mexico,"
NBER Working Papers
16554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Arias-Vazquez, Francisco Javier & Azuara, Oliver & Bernal, Pedro & Heckman, James J. & Villarreal, Cajeme, 2010. "Policies to Promote Growth and Economic Efficiency in Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 4740, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arias, Javier & Azuara, Oliver & Bernal, Pedro & Heckman, James & Villarreal, Cajeme, 2010. "Policies to Promote Growth and Economic Efficiency in Mexico," MPRA Paper 20414, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Simona Monteleone & Benedetto Torrisi, 2010. "A micro data analysis of Italy’s brain drain," Discussion Papers 4_2010, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
- Jan-Jan Soon, 2009. "When do students intend to return? Determinants of students' return intentions using a multinomial logit model," Working Papers 0906, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2009.
- Christian Reiner, 2010. "Brain competition policy as a new paradigm of regional policy: A European perspective," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 89(2), pages 449-461, June.
- Bertoli Simone, 2006. "Remittances and the Dynamics of Human Capitalin the Recipient Country," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200607, University of Turin.
More about this item
- F22 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Migration
- I30 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- H23 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Externalities; Redistributive Effects; Environmental Taxes and Subsidies
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wej:wldecn:210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .