The Agricultural Resource Management Survey: An information system for production agriculture
Purpose – The purpose of this article is to offer an introduction of the Agricultural Resource Management Survey (ARMS) for applied research in agricultural finance and farm management. Design/methodology/approach – This article provides a brief overview of the history, design, use, and accessibility of the ARMS in government reporting and applied research. Findings – The ARMS provides a number of unique advantages for addressing critical issues of the agricultural sector. Originality/value – The paper provides an access point for researchers who are unfamiliar with the basic features of ARMS.
Volume (Year): 72 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.emeraldinsight.com|
|Order Information:|| Postal: Emerald Group Publishing, Howard House, Wagon Lane, Bingley, BD16 1WA, UK|
Web: http://emeraldgrouppublishing.com/products/journals/journals.htm?id=afr Email:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hertel, Thomas & Keeney, Roman & Ivanic, Maros & Winters, Alan, 2006.
"Distributional Effects of WTO Agricultural Reforms in Rich and Poor Countries,"
GTAP Working Papers
2185, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Thomas W. Hertel & Roman Keeney & Maros Ivanic & L. Alan Winters, 2007. "Distributional effects of WTO agricultural reforms in rich and poor countries," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 22, pages 289-337, 04.
- Hertel, Thomas W. & Keeney, Roman & Ivanic, Maros & Winters, L. Alan, 2006. "Distributional effects of WTO agricultural reforms in rich and poor countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4060, The World Bank.
- Barrett E. Kirwan, 2009.
"The Incidence of U.S. Agricultural Subsidies on Farmland Rental Rates,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 117(1), pages 138-164, 02.
- Kirwan, Barrett E., 2008. "The Incidence of U.S. Agricultural Subsidies on Farmland Rental Rates," Working Papers 42714, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Ashok Mishra & Hisham S. El-Osta, 2009. "Estimating wealth of self-employed farm households," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 69(2), pages 248-262, July.
- Key, Nigel D. & Kaplan, Jonathan D., 2007.
"Multiple Environmental Externalities and Manure Management Policy,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics,
Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 32(01), April.
- Key, Nigel D. & Kaplan, Jonathan D., 2004. "Multiple Environmental Externalities and Manure Management Policy," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 20393, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Hisham S. El-Osta, 2010. "Inequality decomposition of farm family living expenditures and the role of the life cycle," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 70(2), pages 245-266, August.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2003.
"Can the Small Dairy Farm Remain Competitive in U.S. Agriculture?,"
127239, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Tauer, Loren W. & Mishra, Ashok K., 2006. "Can the small dairy farm remain competitive in US agriculture?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(5), pages 458-468, October.
- Jaclyn D. Kropp & James B. Whitaker, 2011. "The impact of decoupled payments on the cost of operating capital," Agricultural Finance Review, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 71(1), pages 25-40, May.
- Barry K. Goodwin & Ashok K. Mishra & Fran�ois N. Ortalo-Magné, 2003. "What's Wrong with Our Models of Agricultural Land Values?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 85(3), pages 744-752.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eme:afrpps:v:72:y:2012:i:2:p:191-200. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Louise Lister)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.