Consensus on Economic Issues: A Survey of Republicans, Democrats, and Economists
The objective of this paper is to explore the distribution of opinion , and level of consensus among Republicans, Democrats, and economists on a number of specific economic propositions. The paper is based on a survey of Republican and Democrat national delegates and economists conducted in 2000. The survey instrument consists of 44 economic propositions, of which 26 are similar to those of a previous survey of political delegates and economists conducted in 1992. For these 26 propositions, we explore changes in the distribution of opinion over time.
Volume (Year): 33 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (Winter)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (201) 684-7346
Web page: http://www.ramapo.edu/eea/journal.html
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dan Fuller & Doris Geide-stevenson, 2003. "Consensus Among Economists: Revisited," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(4), pages 369-387, December.
- Robert J. Blendon, 1997. "Bridging the Gap between the Public's and Economists' Views of the Economy," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 105-118, Summer.
- Colander, David, 2003.
"The Aging of an Economist,"
Journal of the History of Economic Thought,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(02), pages 157-176, June.
- Bryan Caplan, 2002. "Systematically Biased Beliefs About Economics: Robust Evidence of Judgemental Anomalies from the Survey of Americans and Economists on the Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(479), pages 433-458, April.
- David Colander, 2005.
"The Making of An Economist Redux,"
Middlebury College Working Paper Series
0531, Middlebury College, Department of Economics.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000.
"Raising the Speed Limit: U.S. Economic Growth in the Information Age,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 31(1), pages 125-236.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Kevin J. Stiroh, 2000. "Raising the Speed Limit: US Economic Growth in the Information Age," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 261, OECD Publishing.
- Walstad, William B. & Rebeck, Ken, 2002. "Assessing the economic knowledge and economic opinions of adults," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 921-935.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eej:eeconj:v:33:y:2007:i:1:p:81-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson, College of the Holy Cross)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.