Determinants of voluntary environmental management practices by MNE subsidiaries
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oded Shenkar, 2004. "One more time: international business in a global economy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(2), pages 161-171, March.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Tatoglu, Ekrem & Glaister, Keith W., 2009. "Equity-based entry modes of emerging country multinationals: Lessons from Turkey," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(4), pages 445-462, October.
- Steve Werner & Lance Eliot Brouthers, 2002. "How International is Management?," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 33(3), pages 583-591, September.
- Gifford, Blair & Kestler, Andrew, 2008. "Toward a theory of local legitimacy by MNEs in developing nations: Newmont mining and health sustainable development in Peru," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 340-352, December.
- Xiaohua Yang & Cheryl Rivers, 2009. "Antecedents of CSR Practices in MNCs’ Subsidiaries: A Stakeholder and Institutional Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 86(2), pages 155-169, March.
- Gifford, Blair & Kestler, Andrew & Anand, Sharmila, 2010. "Building local legitimacy into corporate social responsibility: Gold mining firms in developing nations," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 304-311, July.
- Ivan Montiel & Bryan Husted, 2009. "The Adoption of Voluntary Environmental Management Programs in Mexico: First Movers as Institutional Entrepreneurs," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 88(2), pages 349-363, September.
- Alan M Rugman & Alain Verbeke, 1998. "Corporate Strategy and International Environmental Policy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 29(4), pages 819-833, December.
- Javier Aguilera-Caracuel & Juan Aragón-Correa & Nuria Hurtado-Torres & Alan Rugman, 2012. "The Effects of Institutional Distance and Headquarters’ Financial Performance on the Generation of Environmental Standards in Multinational Companies," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 105(4), pages 461-474, February.
- Gerrit de Wit & Lorraine Uhlaner & Marta Berent-Braun & Ronald Jeurissen, 2011. "Beyond Size: Predicting engagement in environmental management practices of Dutch SMEs," Scales Research Reports H201118, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Khanna, Madhu, 2001. " Non-mandatory Approaches to Environmental Protection," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 291-324, July.
- Klaus E Meyer, 2004. "Perspectives on multinational enterprises in emerging economies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 35(4), pages 259-276, July.
- Sarkis, Joseph, 1998. "Evaluating environmentally conscious business practices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 159-174, May.
- Carolyn A. Strong, 2006. "The influence of employee behavioural performance on customer focus strategies," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(2), pages 147-163, March.
- Petra Christmann & Glen Taylor, 2001. "Globalization and the Environment: Determinants of Firm Self-Regulation in China," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 32(3), pages 439-458, September.
- Marshall, R. Scott & Akoorie, Michèle E.M. & Hamann, Ralph & Sinha, Paresha, 2010. "Environmental practices in the wine industry: An empirical application of the theory of reasoned action and stakeholder theory in the United States and New Zealand," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 405-414, October.
- Epstein, Marc & Roy, Marie-Josée, 1998. "Managing corporate environmental performance:: A multinational perspective," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 284-296, June.
- John Child, 2005. "The Dynamic Between Firms' Environmental Strategies and Institutional Constraints in Emerging Economies: Evidence from China and Taiwan," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(1), pages 95-125, January.
- Yu-Shu Peng & Shing-Shiuan Lin, 2008. "Local Responsiveness Pressure, Subsidiary Resources, Green Management Adoption and Subsidiary’s Performance: Evidence from Taiwanese Manufactures," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 199-212, April.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Covin, Jeffrey G., 1995. "Contextual influences on the corporate entrepreneurship-performance relationship: A longitudinal analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 43-58, January.
- Eiadat, Yousef & Kelly, Aidan & Roche, Frank & Eyadat, Hussein, 2008. "Green and competitive? An empirical test of the mediating role of environmental innovation strategy," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 131-145, March.
- Glen Dowell & Stuart Hart & Bernard Yeung, 2000. "Do Corporate Global Environmental Standards Create or Destroy Market Value?," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(8), pages 1059-1074, August.
- Jonatan Pinkse & Ans Kolk, 2012. "MNES and climate change : exploring institutional failures and embeddedness," Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print) hal-00707360, HAL.
- Oetzel, Jennifer & Doh, Jonathan P., 2009. "MNEs and development: a review and reconceptualization," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 108-120, April.
- Auh, Seigyoung & Menguc, Bulent, 2005. "Balancing exploration and exploitation: The moderating role of competitive intensity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(12), pages 1652-1661, December.
- David P Angel & Michael T Rock, 2005. "Global standards and the environmental performance of industry," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 37(11), pages 1903-1918, November.
- Demirbag, Mehmet & Glaister, Keith W. & Tatoglu, Ekrem, 2007. "Institutional and transaction cost influences on MNEs' ownership strategies of their affiliates: Evidence from an emerging market," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 418-434, December.
- Martín-Tapia, Inmaculada & Aragón-Correa, J. Alberto & Rueda-Manzanares, Antonio, 2010. "Environmental strategy and exports in medium, small and micro-enterprises," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 266-275, July.
- Jennifer Clapp & Peter Dauvergne, 2005. "Paths to a Green World: The Political Economy of the Global Environment," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262532719, January.
- Khaled Elsayed, 2006. "Reexamining the Expected Effect of Available Resources and Firm Size on Firm Environmental Orientation: An Empirical Study of UK Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 65(3), pages 297-308, May.
- Céspedes-Lorente, José & Burgos-Jiménez, Jerónimo de & Álvarez-Gil, Maria José, 2003. "Stakeholders' environmental influence. An empirical analysis in the Spanish hotel industry," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 333-358, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Norifumi Kawai & Roger Strange & Antonella Zucchella, 2016. "Stakeholder Pressures, EMS Implementation, and Green Innovation in MNC Overseas Subsidiaries," DEM Working Papers Series 121, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Antonello Zanfei & Giovanni Marin, 2018.
"Does Host Market Regulation Induce Cross Border Environmental Innovation?,"
1803, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2018.
- Giovanni Marin & Antonello Zanfei, 2018. "Does Host Market Regulation Induce Cross Border Environmental Innovation?," SEEDS Working Papers 0518, SEEDS, Sustainability Environmental Economics and Dynamics Studies, revised Mar 2018.
- repec:eee:iburev:v:26:y:2017:i:6:p:1064-1074 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:enepol:v:115:y:2018:i:c:p:230-238 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:worbus:v:52:y:2017:i:5:p:591-614 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental management practices; Institutional theory; Resource based view; Emerging countries; Turkey;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:49:y:2014:i:4:p:536-548. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.