Employee service abandonment in offshore operations: A case study of a US multinational in India
Indian Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) exports industry has witnessed an exponential growth over the last few years. This has been accompanied by a shortage of talented skilled workers to serve the BPO sector. Attracting and retaining talented employees has become the chief challenge of HR departments in the BPO industry. This study examines the demographic antecedents of job abandonment among call centre employees in India using a large firm level data. The theoretical and practical implications of the findings are discussed.
Volume (Year): 47 (2012)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/620401/bibliographic|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farber, Henry S, 1994. "The Analysis of Interfirm Worker Mobility," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(4), pages 554-93, October.
- Mueller, Charles W. & Price, James L., 1990. "Economic, psychological, and sociological determinants of voluntary turnover," Journal of Behavioral Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 321-335.
- Light, Audrey & Ureta, Manuelita, 1992. "Panel Estimates of Male and Female Job Turnover Behavior: Can Female Nonquitters Be Identified?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(2), pages 156-81, April.
- Mellahi, Kamel & Guermat, Cherif, 2004. "Does age matter? An empirical examination of the effect of age on managerial values and practices in India," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 199-215, May.
- Meitzen, Mark E, 1986. "Differences in Male and Female Job-quitting Behavior," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(2), pages 151-67, April.
- Anju Mehta & Achilles Armenakis & Nikhil Mehta & Feruzan Irani, 2006. "Challenges and Opportunities of Business Process Outsourcing in India," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 27(3), pages 324-338, June.
- Arora, Ashish & Arunachalam, V. S. & Asundi, Jai & Fernandes, Ronald, 2001. "The Indian software services industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(8), pages 1267-1287, October.
- J. Scott Long & Jeremy Freese, 2006. "Regression Models for Categorical Dependent Variables using Stata, 2nd Edition," Stata Press books, StataCorp LP, edition 2, number long2, November.
- Mellahi, Kamel & Collings, David G., 2010. "The barriers to effective global talent management: The example of corporate élites in MNEs," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 143-149, April.
- Pawan S. Budhwar & Harsh K. Luthar & Jyotsna Bhatnagar, 2006. "The Dynamics of HRM Systems in Indian BPO Firms," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 27(3), pages 339-360, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:worbus:v:47:y:2012:i:2:p:178-185. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.